Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Samsung computer monitor

Sadly I have no record of the model, on the back are loads of numbers
but none seem to correlate to a Samsung. The problem is the settings. It
has automatic switch off after a certain time that I wish to negate. The
settings are done by buttons at the bottom of the VDU, however I cannot
find the one I require. Can anyone please help?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/01/2020 14:04, Broadback wrote:
Sadly I have no record of the model, on the back are loads of numbers
but none seem to correlate to a Samsung. The problem is the settings. It
has automatic switch off after a certain time that I wish to negate. The
settings are done by buttons at the bottom of the VDU, however I cannot
find the one I require. Can anyone please help?

When you push the buttons what do you see on the screen?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 01 Jan 2020 14:04:59 +0000, Broadback wrote:

Sadly I have no record of the model, on the back are loads of numbers
but none seem to correlate to a Samsung. The problem is the settings. It
has automatic switch off after a certain time that I wish to negate. The
settings are done by buttons at the bottom of the VDU, however I cannot
find the one I require. Can anyone please help?

Mine has the model number in faint printing on the top right corner of
the front of the bezel.

Could you have missed it?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 1 Jan 2020 14:04:59 +0000, Broadback
wrote:

Sadly I have no record of the model, on the back are loads of numbers
but none seem to correlate to a Samsung. The problem is the settings. It
has automatic switch off after a certain time that I wish to negate. The
settings are done by buttons at the bottom of the VDU, however I cannot
find the one I require. Can anyone please help?

Are you positive it's the monitor not Windows that is causing it to
stop? How do you switch it on again? Is it sufficient to waggle the
mouse/touch the keyboard or do you actually have to use the on/off
switch?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 1 January 2020 14:05:05 UTC, Broadback wrote:
Sadly I have no record of the model, on the back are loads of numbers
but none seem to correlate to a Samsung. The problem is the settings. It
has automatic switch off after a certain time that I wish to negate. The
settings are done by buttons at the bottom of the VDU, however I cannot
find the one I require. Can anyone please help?

If you are running Windows 10, use Settings Display Advanced display settings

It should display something like a code for the monoitor - I see PLX2483H (twice) as I have dual Iiyama ProLite X2483HSU-B2 monitors. That should let you find out what monitor you have - if not obvious, search.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Sadly I have no record of the model, on the back are loads of numbers
but none seem to correlate to a Samsung. The problem is the settings. It
has automatic switch off after a certain time that I wish to negate. The
settings are done by buttons at the bottom of the VDU, however I cannot
find the one I require. Can anyone please help?

See if you can find it on Google Images.
--
Dave W
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Sadly I have no record of the model, on the back are loads of numbers
but none seem to correlate to a Samsung. The problem is the settings. It
has automatic switch off after a certain time that I wish to negate. The
settings are done by buttons at the bottom of the VDU, however I cannot
find the one I require. Can anyone please help?

Are you positive it's the monitor not Windows that is causing it to
stop? How do you switch it on again? Is it sufficient to waggle the
mouse/touch the keyboard or do you actually have to use the on/off
switch?

+1 Check the windows power saving settings first
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Broadback wrote

Sadly I have no record of the model, on the back are loads
of numbers but none seem to correlate to a Samsung.

Post a photo of the metal plate on the back with the numbers on it.

The problem is the settings. It has automatic switch off
after a certain time that I wish to negate. The settings
are done by buttons at the bottom of the VDU, however
I cannot find the one I require. Can anyone please help?

Without a model number, too much work.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

When you say off, do you really mean off or standby. I was getting this and
changing the windows settings stopped it from doing it, but as you say
considering the numbers of models there are.....
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Broadback" wrote in message
Sadly I have no record of the model, on the back are loads of numbers but
none seem to correlate to a Samsung. The problem is the settings. It has
automatic switch off after a certain time that I wish to negate. The
settings are done by buttons at the bottom of the VDU, however I cannot
find the one I require. Can anyone please help?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 2 Jan 2020 06:36:10 +1100, Ray, better known as cantankerous

The problem is the settings. It has automatic switch off
after a certain time that I wish to negate. The settings
are done by buttons at the bottom of the VDU, however
I cannot find the one I require. Can anyone please help?

Without a model number, too much work.

Just say that you HAVE NO IDEA how to do it, senile idiot! tsk

cretin from Oz:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 1 January 2020 14:05:05 UTC, Broadback wrote:
Sadly I have no record of the model, on the back are loads of numbers
but none seem to correlate to a Samsung. The problem is the settings. It
has automatic switch off after a certain time that I wish to negate. The
settings are done by buttons at the bottom of the VDU, however I cannot
find the one I require. Can anyone please help?

Something isn't right here. If it switched off regardless of content, it wouldn't be an adequate monitor, and if it does it's likely faulty. Assuming it only does that when the screen goes black, your OS settings could be set to prevent that. If those aren't useful, a model number is needed really.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 2 January 2020 09:23:54 UTC, Broadback wrote:
On 02/01/2020 00:57, tabbypurr wrote:
On Wednesday, 1 January 2020 14:05:05 UTC, Broadback wrote:
Sadly I have no record of the model, on the back are loads of numbers
but none seem to correlate to a Samsung. The problem is the settings. It
has automatic switch off after a certain time that I wish to negate. The
settings are done by buttons at the bottom of the VDU, however I cannot
find the one I require. Can anyone please help?

Something isn't right here. If it switched off regardless of content, it wouldn't be an adequate monitor, and if it does it's likely faulty. Assuming it only does that when the screen goes black, your OS settings could be set to prevent that. If those aren't useful, a model number is needed really.

It is definitely the monitor not windows. the only way to get it on is
activate the "O" switch at the bottom of the screen.

If you keep being vague I don't see how we can help.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 2 January 2020 15:32:30 UTC, wrote:
[...]

Agreed. And it is widely reported that if Windows can go into some form of quiescent state, then some monitors will switch themselves off. Making a change to settings in Windows is the way of avoiding the issue - ensure Windows keeps communicating with the monitor. Using the monitor power button simply switches it on again so it is active - needing to do so does NOT mean the issue should, or even can, be addressed by monitor settings.