Posted to uk.d-i-y
Broadback[_3_] Broadback[_3_] is offline

Default Samsung computer monitor

On 02/01/2020 00:57, wrote:
On Wednesday, 1 January 2020 14:05:05 UTC, Broadback wrote:
Sadly I have no record of the model, on the back are loads of numbers
but none seem to correlate to a Samsung. The problem is the settings. It
has automatic switch off after a certain time that I wish to negate. The
settings are done by buttons at the bottom of the VDU, however I cannot
find the one I require. Can anyone please help?

Something isn't right here. If it switched off regardless of content, it wouldn't be an adequate monitor, and if it does it's likely faulty. Assuming it only does that when the screen goes black, your OS settings could be set to prevent that. If those aren't useful, a model number is needed really.

It is definitely the monitor not windows. the only way to get it on is
activate the "O" switch at the bottom of the screen.