Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Drill Nuts

The other day, I was on a mission to hang a mirror. So I grabbed my
small drill bag from the workshop. For whatever reason I got side
tracked, and the bag sat in the hall for a week.

Finally I got the required tuit the other day, and was about to set to
it, when I noticed that my padded Makita bag containing the 10.8V Combi
Drill and Impact Driver seemed to rather full of nuts! Not the shiny hex
type you might expect, but something more akin to pistachios, complete
with shells.

So it seems like a small hairy visitor in the workshop decided that bag
left sat on the floor might be a good place to store his winter food
cache, not to mention a nice comfy space to camp out for a bit :-)

He must have felt right at home to suddenly find himself in a nice warm
heated space for a week as well. However all did not end well for our
friend, since it probably explains where the cat found a nice tasty
snack from inside the house!

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/10/2019 13:33, John Rumm wrote:

[...]

Did you manage to identify the nuts? If cob nuts then distant memories
suggest well worth some DIY squirrel population suppression by means of
diversion of food supply.

--
Robin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/10/2019 14:30, Robin wrote:
[...]

We have a couple of trees that seems to have a similar looking seed, so
they are a possible source - but I could not say for certain if that is
where they came from. I might get a picture later and post it.

If cob nuts then distant memories
suggest well worth some DIY squirrel population suppression by means of
diversion of food supply.

We don't have huge number of squirrels about... although they do usually
manage to completely strip a small walnut tree every year.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On 10/15/2019 5:33 AM, John Rumm wrote:

[...]

As long as that "small hairy visitor" isn't a trouser snake, I think yer good to go.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , John
Rumm writes

[...]

Hmm:-)
As part of the house move renovation I took out the garage up and over
door. When removing the timber frame exposed the cavity, I got showered
in empty Hazel nuts. Generations of Field Voles had climbed the Ivy,
crossed the garage by a convenient truss and laid in a store ready for
cold weather.

--
Tim Lamb