Posted to rec.woodworking
Enoch Root

Default aw nuts, saw nuts

Every time I think I've got a jig figured out, I nearly have a heart
attack when the blade bites too deep into the brass.

I ruined one $35 carbide tooth blade, today. Sigh.

Maybe I shoulda just bought an IT ('cept it don't exist no more.)

At least I now have a crosscut sled.

er
--
email not valid
Posted to rec.woodworking
Patriarch

Enoch Root wrote in
news:BbqdnfNuN58xJKnZnZ2dnUVZ_tednZ2d@forethought. net:

Every time I think I've got a jig figured out, I nearly have a heart
attack when the blade bites too deep into the brass.

I ruined one $35 carbide tooth blade, today. Sigh.

Maybe I shoulda just bought an IT ('cept it don't exist no more.)

At least I now have a crosscut sled.

er

I thought IT saws were now made by Lie Nielsen.

That doesn't mean you shouldn't build your own, however. Just that you
won't save any money. ;-)

Patriarch, who loves his LN (& Adria) backsaws...
Posted to rec.woodworking
AAvK

I thought IT saws were now made by Lie Nielsen.

That doesn't mean you shouldn't build your own, however. Just that you
won't save any money. ;-)

Patriarch, who loves his LN (& Adria) backsaws...

Let me interject a couple Qs here, how long does a sharpening last on those Adria
and LN saws, anyway? And, what does IT mean?

--
Alex - "newbie_neander" woodworker
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com
Posted to rec.woodworking
Enoch Root

AAvK wrote:

I thought IT saws were now made by Lie Nielsen.

That doesn't mean you shouldn't build your own, however. Just that
you won't save any money. ;-)

Patriarch, who loves his LN (& Adria) backsaws...

Let me interject a couple Qs here, how long does a sharpening last on
those Adria and LN saws, anyway? And, what does IT mean?

Independence Tools, started by Patrick Leach and Pete Taran.
Lie-Nielsen bought 'em apparently, and Adria Tools, and now that nice
curly maple handled saw on their website is it.

er
--
email not valid