Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default Drill Nuts

On 15/10/2019 13:33, John Rumm wrote:

The other day, I was on a mission to hang a mirror. So I grabbed my
small drill bag from the workshop. For whatever reason I got side
tracked, and the bag sat in the hall for a week.

Finally I got the required tuit the other day, and was about to set to
it, when I noticed that my padded Makita bag containing the 10.8V Combi
Drill and Impact Driver seemed to rather full of nuts! Not the shiny hex
type you might expect, but something more akin to pistachios, complete
with shells.

So it seems like a small hairy visitor in the workshop decided that bag
left sat on the floor might be a good place to store his winter food
cache, not to mention a nice comfy space to camp out for a bit :-)

He must have felt right at home to suddenly find himself in a nice warm
heated space for a week as well. However all did not end well for our
friend, since it probably explains where the cat found a nice tasty
snack from inside the house!

Did you manage to identify the nuts? If cob nuts then distant memories
suggest well worth some DIY squirrel population suppression by means of
diversion of food supply.

--
Robin