Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Drill Nuts

On 15/10/2019 14:30, Robin wrote:
On 15/10/2019 13:33, John Rumm wrote:

The other day, I was on a mission to hang a mirror. So I grabbed my
small drill bag from the workshop. For whatever reason I got side
tracked, and the bag sat in the hall for a week.

Finally I got the required tuit the other day, and was about to set to
it, when I noticed that my padded Makita bag containing the 10.8V
Combi Drill and Impact Driver seemed to rather full of nuts! Not the
shiny hex type you might expect, but something more akin to
pistachios, complete with shells.

So it seems like a small hairy visitor in the workshop decided that
bag left sat on the floor might be a good place to store his winter
food cache, not to mention a nice comfy space to camp out for a bit :-)

He must have felt right at home to suddenly find himself in a nice
warm heated space for a week as well. However all did not end well for
our friend, since it probably explains where the cat found a nice
tasty snack from inside the house!

Did you manage to identify the nuts?

We have a couple of trees that seems to have a similar looking seed, so
they are a possible source - but I could not say for certain if that is
where they came from. I might get a picture later and post it.

If cob nuts then distant memories
suggest well worth some DIY squirrel population suppression by means of
diversion of food supply.

We don't have huge number of squirrels about... although they do usually
manage to completely strip a small walnut tree every year.

--
Cheers,

John.