Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default DIY Optician

On 28/08/2019 06:56, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 27/08/2019 21:53, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
R D S was thinking very hard :
These adjustable ones are handy to replace ready readers I suppose.

Seems simpler and much cheaper to just carry a spare pair of readers
of the correct diopter.

pound shop readers are great I have them everywhere for convenience....

If one eyes'igher than the other, don't you cause more
problems.?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/08/2019 11:08, tim... wrote:
"dennis@home" wrote in message
On 27/08/2019 17:22, Bert Coules wrote:

They do look intriguing.Â* I use and like varifocals but there are
times (and in differing circumstances) where they're not ideal and a
single prescription pair would be better.Â* These might fit that bill.

IIRC they showed something similar on tomorrows world a long time ago.

my SLR camera from about 1980-something had an adjustable lens on the
viewfinder,

so the technology has been in commercial use for ages

Presumably that moves the lens forward and back like on binoculars. Not
really practicable for spectacles.

--
Max Demian
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 28 Aug 2019 20:13:21 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

eye but not with the other. Simplest way to do my diy eye test.

Simplest solution to all your problems: just die, you 85-year-old senile
pest!

--
Norman Wells addressing senile Rot:
"Ah, the voice of scum speaks."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"tim..." wrote in message

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"newshound" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 27/08/2019 17:22, Bert Coules wrote:
They do look intriguing. I use and like varifocals but there are times
(and in differing circumstances) where they're not ideal and a single
prescription pair would be better. These might fit that bill.

I have varifocals plus a proper set of single prescription lenses set up
for computer use. I add to these clip-ons at +1.5 and +3 diopter for
reading small text and for close-up work.

eg eBay item 172952541377

Doesnt work.

what doesn't work?

That ebay item number.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andrew" wrote in message
On 28/08/2019 06:56, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 27/08/2019 21:53, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
R D S was thinking very hard :
These adjustable ones are handy to replace ready readers I suppose.

Seems simpler and much cheaper to just carry a spare pair of readers of
the correct diopter.

pound shop readers are great I have them everywhere for convenience....

If one eyes'igher than the other, don't you cause more
problems.?

Nope, the eyes still have compensation available.
All any glasses do is shift the distance at which
the conpensation happens over happens at.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 29 Aug 2019 06:53:52 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

what doesn't work?

That ebay item number.

It wasn't posted for you in the first place, senile asshole troll from Oz!

cretin from Oz:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 29 Aug 2019 07:34:15 +1000, jeikppkywk, better known as cantankerous

If one eyes'igher than the other, don't you cause more
problems.?

Nope

LOL Seriously, do you get some sort of tiny senile climax, every time you
type that word, you pathological, auto-contradicting, senile Australian
asshole?

--
Norman Wells addressing senile Rot:
"Ah, the voice of scum speaks."
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Max Demian explained :
Tell us how you get on. Could be fiddly to adjust "on the fly".

Might be handy for someone like me, who wears different diopters for
differing purposes - one for close, one for TV, another for driving,
but swapping focus would be very fiddely. I would want a push button
select, but not practical. Even better, remote control, or automatic so
they adjust themselves.

Think I will stick with my throwaway £1 glasses :-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim GM4DHJ ... submitted this idea :
pound shop readers are great I have them everywhere for convenience....

Yep, me too. I have expensive prescription glasses in the car for
driving, with a spare £1 pair in the glove box, of the same
prescription, for emergencies.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Max Demian explained :
Tell us how you get on. Could be fiddly to adjust "on the fly".

Might be handy for someone like me, who wears different diopters for
differing purposes - one for close, one for TV, another for driving,
but swapping focus would be very fiddely. I would want a push button
select, but not practical. Even better, remote control, or automatic so
they adjust themselves.

Think I will stick with my throwaway £1 glasses :-)

Sensible way is to use contact lenses to correct any eye defects. Then
various cheap ready mades to cope with old age. ;-)

--
*I used to be a banker, but then I lost interest.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Max Demian explained :
Tell us how you get on. Could be fiddly to adjust "on the fly".

Might be handy for someone like me, who wears different diopters for
differing purposes - one for close, one for TV, another for driving,
but swapping focus would be very fiddely. I would want a push button
select, but not practical. Even better, remote control, or automatic so
they adjust themselves.

Think I will stick with my throwaway £1 glasses :-)

Sensible way is to use contact lenses to correct any eye defects. Then
various cheap ready mades to cope with old age. ;-)

Reading glasses on a cord round your neck so you don't lose them. I
prefer varifocals which I get on with fine.

--
Max Demian
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Max Demian wrote:
Sensible way is to use contact lenses to correct any eye defects. Then
various cheap ready mades to cope with old age. ;-)

Reading glasses on a cord round your neck so you don't lose them. I
prefer varifocals which I get on with fine.

Huge cost, though.

My gas permeable contact lenses cost £100 from Specsavers. And non
prescription reading etc specs pennies.

--
*We are born naked, wet, and hungry. Then things get worse.