Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Royal Mail - Track and Trace fail

It was working yesterday, promising a delivery this morning (Saturday).

but now it does nothing when you enter the reference number - no
Capture pictures, no error, it just does nothing.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/08/2019 08:06, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
It was working yesterday, promising a delivery this morning (Saturday).

but now it does nothing when you enter the reference number - no Capture
pictures, no error, it just does nothing.

never found any tracking to be any good especially royal mail and
parcelforce ....
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/08/2019 08:25, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 24/08/2019 08:06, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
It was working yesterday, promising a delivery this morning (Saturday).

but now it does nothing when you enter the reference number - no
Capture pictures, no error, it just does nothing.

never found any tracking to be any good especially royal mail and
parcelforce ....

chinky tracking is dire ....
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/08/2019 08:35, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 24/08/2019 08:25, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 24/08/2019 08:06, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
It was working yesterday, promising a delivery this morning (Saturday).

but now it does nothing when you enter the reference number - no
Capture pictures, no error, it just does nothing.

never found any tracking to be any good especially royal mail and
parcelforce ....

chinky tracking is dire ....

I mean who wants to know it has left chong dong went through departure
at fuk tu wan... then nothing when it reaches the UK ....
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim GM4DHJ ... expressed precisely :
chinky tracking is dire ....

It has become worse over time. It used to track to point of China exit,
that it has exited, then at least tell you it had arrived in the UK
International depot, then tell you when it was out for local delivery.

Now it just tells you it has arrived at the China exit port, next thing
it is at your door.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Pamela used his keyboard to write :
I find Royal Mail tracking is poorer than most and is one of the very few
which the all-in-one courier apps can't track.

I'm not sure that is correct - my parcel was sent from Kent via an
independent, which showed it arriving in a Yorkshire hub. RM's tracking
would not work, yet RM delivered this morning with it still not
working. The courier emailed to say it was out for RM delivery, then
later to confirm delivered. So they must have been able to track
through RM's system somehow.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 24 August 2019 08:42:37 UTC+1, wrote:
Jim GM4DHJ ... expressed precisely :
chinky tracking is dire ....

It has become worse over time. It used to track to point of China exit,
that it has exited, then at least tell you it had arrived in the UK
International depot, then tell you when it was out for local delivery.

Now it just tells you it has arrived at the China exit port, next thing
it is at your door.

Last thing I had delivered from China, the tracking was excellent all the way through to delivery. Have to say, I was pleasantly surprised as, previously, once in the UK it didn't actually track. At best, a "delivered" status after the event.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/08/2019 09:22, Pamela wrote:
On 17:55 24 Aug 2019, Harry Bloomfield, Esq.
wrote:

Pamela used his keyboard to write :

I find Royal Mail tracking is poorer than most and is one of the very few
which the all-in-one courier apps can't track.

I'm not sure that is correct - my parcel was sent from Kent via an
independent, which showed it arriving in a Yorkshire hub. RM's tracking
would not work, yet RM delivered this morning with it still not
working. The courier emailed to say it was out for RM delivery, then
later to confirm delivered. So they must have been able to track
through RM's system somehow.

That's the same as happens when Amazon uses RM.

Although RM provides confirmation of delivery, it doesn't seem to let you
track it through the delivery process using a courier's system.

I had a parcel sent from Australia which I could track but only as far as its
arrival in the UK, where the Aussie courier had arranged for RM to complete
the delivery.

This is such an oversight that I expect it to be remedied soon.

DON'T HOLD YOUR BREATH...TEE HEE
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Pamela wrote:

Although RM provides confirmation of delivery, it doesn't seem to let you
track it through the delivery process using a courier's system.

RM offers untracked, signed-for but untracked, tracked and signed-for
options

I had a parcel sent from Australia which I could track but only as far as its
arrival in the UK, where the Aussie courier had arranged for RM to complete
the delivery.

I sent something to America recently, the RM tracking sight knew where
it was until it left heathrow, after that they directed you to the USPS
tracking site, once it had been delivered by USPS the RM site knew it
had been signed for.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Pamela wrote:

Presumably you sent it by RM and tracked it by RM who received data from
their partner courier.

RM only tracked it until it left the UK, then USPS tracked it and RM
knew nothing about where it was, until it had been delivered, after
which RM knew it had been delivered, but still didn't know where it had
been.

However I'm referring to RM tracking by another courier service, such as
Australia Post, in which case RM doesn't seem to provide them with UK
tracking data other than completion on delivery.

That sounds exactly the same provision of data between RM/OZ and USPS/RM.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/08/2019 08:06, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
It was working yesterday, promising a delivery this morning (Saturday).

but now it does nothing when you enter the reference number - no Capture
pictures, no error, it just does nothing.

I currently have a RM tracking number that suggests that its already
been "scanned" as delivered - in 3 days time on 30th Aug 2019 !!!!!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/08/2019 23:19, alan_m wrote:
On 24/08/2019 08:06, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
It was working yesterday, promising a delivery this morning (Saturday).

but now it does nothing when you enter the reference number - no
Capture pictures, no error, it just does nothing.

I currently have a RM tracking number that suggests that its already
been "scanned" as delivered - in 3 days time on 30th Aug 2019 !!!!!

I now also have UKmail(DHL) tracking number for something expensive that
I ordered which was on a "normally" next day delivery . The seller sent
an item dispatched email within a few hours of ordering with the
tracking number. The tracking shows that UKMail/DHL picked up the item
and transported it to the local distribution centre overnight. Since
then they have been promising to deliver the next working day until
around 10am on the next day where they update the delivery has been
delayed message and add yet another (working) day for the promised
delivery!