Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Royal Mail return of item

Just had a message from an eBayer "have the package returned to me as
the package was damaged".

That is new to me that Royal Mail return packages to their senders when
damaged?

Is this just a ruse to explain the delay in sending it or is this now
Royal Mail's policy?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Surprised they did not charge him for that. I do know that if packaging
fails they send it back, but then there is the vexed question of was it
badly packed or badly handled. I had this with a pair of stepladders from
parcel Farce some time ago. They argued for seemingly ages.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Fredxxx" wrote in message
Just had a message from an eBayer "have the package returned to me as the
package was damaged".

That is new to me that Royal Mail return packages to their senders when
damaged?

Is this just a ruse to explain the delay in sending it or is this now
Royal Mail's policy?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/09/2016 18:34, Brian Gaff wrote:
Surprised they did not charge him for that. I do know that if packaging
fails they send it back, but then there is the vexed question of was it
badly packed or badly handled. I had this with a pair of stepladders from
parcel Farce some time ago. They argued for seemingly ages.

I am talking about Royal Mail.

I have never known them to return anything unless instructed to do so by
he receiver.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 17 September 2016 11:36:41 UTC+1, Fredxxx wrote:
Just had a message from an eBayer "have the package returned to me as
the package was damaged".
That is new to me that Royal Mail return packages to their senders when
damaged?

If the recipient address was smudged or ripped off, perhaps they could only identify the sender?

Owain