Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Royal Wedding day who is doing what?

On Tue, 26 Apr 2011 15:58:04 +0000 (UTC), "Donnie"
wrote:

TMC wrote:

Hi
Swmbo has declared her intention to watch

I shall be going to the gun club and plinking a few targets

Then finding a pub with no TV for a quiet pint

Then into the workshop

In fact almost anything but watching
Regards

Working.

No TV here. Will they have it on Long Wave in place of Test Match
Special?

Nick

Posted to uk.d-i-y

--
Donnie - "**** the world, it's time to fight back"
Honda CB500R "Look out, Donnie's about!"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Apr 26, 4:40*pm, "TMC" wrote:
Hi

Swmbo has declared her intention to watch

I shall be going to the gun club and plinking a few targets

Then finding a pub with no TV for a quiet pint

Then into the workshop

In fact almost anything but watching

Regards

Avoiding the royal weddding like the plague. I don't know of any
street parties here, so that's a bonus. Hopefully not being smoked out
of our garden by next doors bonfire like last weekend.

Philip
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/04/2011 16:40, TMC wrote:
Hi
Swmbo has declared her intention to watch

I shall be going to the gun club and plinking a few targets

Then finding a pub with no TV for a quiet pint

Then into the workshop

In fact almost anything but watching
Regards

Driving up to Nottingham for a weekend of relaxing, walking and imbibing
the odd pint or few.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Invisible Man wrote:

On 26/04/2011 16:40, TMC wrote:
Hi
Swmbo has declared her intention to watch

I shall be going to the gun club and plinking a few targets

Then finding a pub with no TV for a quiet pint

Then into the workshop

In fact almost anything but watching
Regards

Driving up to Nottingham for a weekend of relaxing, walking and imbibing
the odd pint or few.

Well, I don't begrudge a bit of a ceremonial knees up for those who like
that sort of thing - and the tourists who'll be coming to watch and spending
a few of their hard earned dollars here.

Good luck to 'em - hope she lasts longer than most of the others!

--
Tim Watts
Posted to uk.d-i-y
djc djc is offline

On 26/04/11 16:40, TMC wrote:
Swmbo has declared her intention to watch
I shall be going to the gun club and plinking a few targets
Then finding a pub with no TV for a quiet pint
Then into the workshop
In fact almost anything but watching

No TV, and I intend to stay well clear of the West End. Other than that
working. I thought two weeks of serial Bank Holidays would be a good
opportunity to catch up before I go away end May. But the past few days
were just too nice so I decided I was entitled to a least one bank holiday
this month. So the weather may win again

--
djc
Posted to uk.d-i-y

TMC :
Swmbo has declared her intention to watch
I shall be going to the gun club and plinking a few targets
Then finding a pub with no TV for a quiet pint
Then into the workshop
In fact almost anything but watching

When is it?

--
Mike Barnes
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mike Barnes" wrote in message
TMC :
Swmbo has declared her intention to watch
I shall be going to the gun club and plinking a few targets
Then finding a pub with no TV for a quiet pint
Then into the workshop
In fact almost anything but watching

When is it?

If this morning is any thing to go by, every day this week ;-(

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Watts wrote:
Well, I don't begrudge a bit of a ceremonial knees up for those who
like that sort of thing - and the tourists who'll be coming to watch
and spending a few of their hard earned dollars here.

Good luck to 'em - hope she lasts longer than most of the others!

Well indeed. It's a free country and it allows people to do stupid things,
look how many people watch Eastenders for example.

I'll be in the pub after I have put the shed base down, unless it rains, and
then I will be in the pub all day.
--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth wrote:

Tim Watts wrote:
Well, I don't begrudge a bit of a ceremonial knees up for those who
like that sort of thing - and the tourists who'll be coming to watch
and spending a few of their hard earned dollars here.

Good luck to 'em - hope she lasts longer than most of the others!

Well indeed. It's a free country and it allows people to do stupid things,
look how many people watch Eastenders for example.

I'll be in the pub after I have put the shed base down, unless it rains,
and then I will be in the pub all day.

With a universal "TV Off" remote I assume

--
Tim Watts
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.media.tv.misc

On Apr 26, 4:40*pm, "TMC" wrote:
Hi

Swmbo has declared her intention to watch

I shall be going to the gun club and plinking a few targets

Will they include TV screens? LOL!

Then finding a pub with no TV for a quiet pint

Take your gun to the pub and make sure!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/04/2011 16:40, TMC wrote:
Hi
Swmbo has declared her intention to watch

I shall be going to the gun club and plinking a few targets

Then finding a pub with no TV for a quiet pint

Then into the workshop

In fact almost anything but watching
Regards

I don't know why you've marked it OT, I will (probably like many others)
be doing some DIY.

SteveW
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"TMC" wrote in message
Hi
Swmbo has declared her intention to watch

I shall be going to the gun club and plinking a few targets

Then finding a pub with no TV for a quiet pint

Then into the workshop

In fact almost anything but watching
Regards

My flippin invitation hasn't arrived yet.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/04/2011 16:58, Donnie wrote:
TMC wrote:

Hi
Swmbo has declared her intention to watch

I shall be going to the gun club and plinking a few targets

Then finding a pub with no TV for a quiet pint

Then into the workshop

In fact almost anything but watching
Regards

Working.

Me too. Anything but watch that.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Digging up tree roots so I can put in a retaining wall to stop
the soil escaping from my garden.

JGH
Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember "TMC" saying
something like:

I shall be going to the gun club and plinking a few targets

Then finding a pub with no TV for a quiet pint

Then into the workshop

In fact almost anything but watching

I'll be working on the car/house/anything but watch that tripe.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember stuart noble
saying something like:

Image tags are pointless.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , TMC
writes
Hi
Swmbo has declared her intention to watch

I shall be going to the gun club and plinking a few targets

Then finding a pub with no TV for a quiet pint

Then into the workshop

In fact almost anything but watching
Regards

Doing the final test and alignment of a 7 camera CCTV system, should be
a nice quiet day, just hoping every one else is at home watching TV!!!

--
Bill

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bill" wrote in message
In message , TMC
writes
Hi
Swmbo has declared her intention to watch

I shall be going to the gun club and plinking a few targets

Then finding a pub with no TV for a quiet pint

Then into the workshop

In fact almost anything but watching
Regards

Doing the final test and alignment of a 7 camera CCTV system, should be a
nice quiet day, just hoping every one else is at home watching TV!!!

I will be, nothing like a decent bit of pomp & circumcise. That's about all
we're good at.
If nowt else, picture quality should be good and the yanks will be lapping
it up.
You should all be ashamed, ashamed I say

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 26 Apr 2011 13:09:54 -0700 (PDT), "alexander.keys1"
wrote:

On Apr 26, 4:40*pm, "TMC" wrote:
Hi

Swmbo has declared her intention to watch

I shall be going to the gun club and plinking a few targets

Will they include TV screens? LOL!

Then finding a pub with no TV for a quiet pint

Take your gun to the pub and make sure!

Take your gun to the wedding.
--
(\__/) M.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/04/2011 00:19, Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
drugs began to take hold. I remember stuart noble
saying something like:

Image tags are pointless.

Not the tidiest bit of photoshopping either, but you must admit the
frame is interesting....
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Grimly Curmudgeon :
drugs began to take hold. I remember stuart noble
saying something like:

Image tags are pointless.

They do have some function: the tags and the URL were silently deleted
before the message arrived here. I saw the URL only when others quoted
it.

--
Mike Barnes

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/04/2011 12:55, Mike Barnes wrote:
Grimly :
drugs began to take hold. I remember stuart noble
saying something like:

Image tags are pointless.

They do have some function: the tags and the URL were silently deleted
before the message arrived here. I saw the URL only when others quoted
it.

Does that happen with all IMG links, or just tinypic, or what? Who does
the silent deleting?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

stuart noble wrote:
On 27/04/2011 12:55, Mike Barnes wrote:
Grimly :
drugs began to take hold. I remember stuart noble
saying something like:

Image tags are pointless.

They do have some function: the tags and the URL were silently deleted
before the message arrived here. I saw the URL only when others quoted
it.

Does that happen with all IMG links, or just tinypic, or what? Who does
the silent deleting?

Apparently, in Mike's case, Turnpike, as they've been showing in
Thunderbird 3.6.16 on news.individual.net all along.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

stuart noble :
On 27/04/2011 12:55, Mike Barnes wrote:
Grimly :
drugs began to take hold. I remember stuart noble
saying something like:

Image tags are pointless.

They do have some function: the tags and the URL were silently deleted
before the message arrived here. I saw the URL only when others quoted
it.

Does that happen with all IMG links, or just tinypic, or what? Who does
the silent deleting?

Panic over, my mistake.

stuart noble prefixed the IMG tags with a "" so that it looked like he
was quoting Tim Watts. I looked at Tim Watts' posting, didn't see the
tags, and assumed they had been deleted, which was not out of the
question. A quick grapple with Google Groups (spit) shows me that they
were never there in the first place.

--
Mike Barnes
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/04/2011 16:40, TMC wrote:
Hi
Swmbo has declared her intention to watch

I shall be going to the gun club and plinking a few targets

Then finding a pub with no TV for a quiet pint

Then into the workshop

In fact almost anything but watching
Regards

I have booked an aeroplane and intend to take my kids flying. Far more
enjoyable than watching the wedding, although I understand SWMBO plans to.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

TMC wrote:

Driving a coach full of people from Didcot to Dover to catch a ferry.

With the radio off. Then we'll be in the Netherlands over the weekend
until after the fuss has died down.
--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"TMC" wrote in message...
Swmbo has declared her intention to watch
I shall be going to the gun club and plinking a few targets

I'll be at work!

--
Best Wishes
Simon (Dark Angel)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Simon (Dark Angel)" darkangel5@NO SPAM lineone.net wrote in message
"TMC" wrote in message...
Swmbo has declared her intention to watch
I shall be going to the gun club and plinking a few targets

I'll be at work!

At least if you have a job you get holidays. Being retired you completely
miss-out.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"brass monkey" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were
saying:

Swmbo has declared her intention to watch I shall be going to the gun
club and plinking a few targets

I'll be at work!

At least if you have a job you get holidays. Being retired you
completely miss-out.

No, you don't.

You just don't notice the difference, because you're on holiday _every_
day.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"TMC" wrote in message
Hi
Swmbo has declared her intention to watch

I shall be going to the gun club and plinking a few targets

Then finding a pub with no TV for a quiet pint

Then into the workshop

In fact almost anything but watching

We shall be in San Diego, California, ignoring the whole thing and enjoying
the sunshine.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

in 1038683 20110428 150833 Adrian wrote:
"brass monkey" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were
saying:

Swmbo has declared her intention to watch I shall be going to the gun
club and plinking a few targets

I'll be at work!

At least if you have a job you get holidays. Being retired you
completely miss-out.

No, you don't.

You just don't notice the difference, because you're on holiday _every_
day.

Please tell my wife!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/04/2011 04:54, David WE Roberts wrote:

"TMC" wrote in message
Hi
Swmbo has declared her intention to watch

I shall be going to the gun club and plinking a few targets

Then finding a pub with no TV for a quiet pint

Then into the workshop

In fact almost anything but watching

We shall be in San Diego, California, ignoring the whole thing and
enjoying the sunshine.

I will mostly be standing on a red carpet