Sunworshipper

Default Wedding Rings

Posting to the watch thread got me thinking. Might as well ask ya'll
cause the company we bought them from kind of dropped the ball.

My wife (under 40) has arthritis and had to have her ring cut off and
I never wear mine. So I was thinking that something could be made out
of both for her that she could wear , and with only one diamond.

I did a couple of pools for this one guy that is into gem cutting and
has a centrifugal ahhh "thing" for gold. That maybe a way to go , but
I need to know at least basically what I want before I look him up.

Without getting the original company to do it I'm lost on how to make
sure the weight and the same diamond come back... He's probably
trustworthy , but he may not want to do it or take forever and within
a month would be cool. She cried about it for days , but she can't
resize the thing all the time so can't have another wedding ring.

Jeepers

In article ,
"Robert Swinney" wrote:

I'm lost on how to make
sure the weight and the same diamond come back...

Keep it in your possession until he needs to mount it?

--
Member AAAAAAAA
American Association Against Acronym Abuse And Also Ambiguity.
Robert Swinney

Check into local "custom" jewelers. Those are the ones that have furnaces
for melting gold and casting in the lost wax process. We (wife and I) have
had a couple of pieces done where spare gold from old unused jewlery was
melted down and cast into a mount of our design. One in particular featured
the wifes ex-engagement diamond in the center and bezel consisting of small
rubies from another old piece. AFAIK, custom jewelers are trustworthy, but
check them out first. Since you are in Vegas, all bets are off! G

Bob Swinney
"Sunworshipper" wrote in message
[...]

Sunworshipper

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 14:48:12 -0500, "Robert Swinney"
wrote:

Check into local "custom" jewelers. Those are the ones that have furnaces
for melting gold and casting in the lost wax process. We (wife and I) have
had a couple of pieces done where spare gold from old unused jewlery was
melted down and cast into a mount of our design. One in particular featured
the wifes ex-engagement diamond in the center and bezel consisting of small
rubies from another old piece. AFAIK, custom jewelers are trustworthy, but
check them out first. Since you are in Vegas, all bets are off! G

Bob Swinney

LOL your right ! Other than who , I'm looking for ideas on what, all
I can think of is something that hangs on a necklace. Maybe I just
can't go wrong with that. The place in TX. won't do anything with the
scrap.
Roy

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 12:27:56 -0700, Sunworshipper
wrote:

===Posting to the watch thread got me thinking. Might as well ask ya'll
===cause the company we bought them from kind of dropped the ball.
===
[...]

We did exactly that with ours. I was never alowed to wear rings etc in
the military and over the years I just got used to not wearing
jewerly. The wife was always missplacing her's when she would remove
it to wash dishes or during those times of the month when water gets
retained etc. and she really is not all that big into rings, even more
so now that her employer has regs agaisnt wearing them or earings etc
at work. We had both of them weighed. Contracted with a custom jeweler
to make her a pendant for a necklace. He estimated what it would weigh
after it was finished, and after making it he returned the balance of
the molten down gold as a nugget along with a pendant that was pretty
much in line with his estimate.. The diamond in the ring was
incorporated into the pendant along with birthstones of the kids etc.
A neckless pendant fits all unlike a ring does so in her opinion is a
better item to hand down than an old wedding ring and besides you
should not need a ring to remind you of your marital status.
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.

Sunworshipper

wrote:

[...]

Visit my website:
http://www.frugalmachinist.com
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.

That helps. Birth stone , hmmm when was are kid born. Then something
she likes... Wonder if the mother in law can help and keep her mouth
shut...

I can just see me in a deep **** hole for melting down the stuff
without her ahhh SWMBO permission. LOL

Ernie Leimkuhler

In article , Sunworshipper
wrote:

[...]

There is a jeweler in my home town in Indiana who offers "Divorce"
rings.
He remelts your old wedding ring into a new ring design.

Any diamond merchant can certify your diamond and make sure you got the
same one back afterwords.
Ken Moffett

Ernie Leimkuhler wrote:

In article , Sunworshipper
wrote:

[...]

Speaking of keepsake diamonds...

There was an artcle in the Minneapolis Star-Tribune (Metro/State
section, page B-1) this morning about a company that will take your
loved one's ashes and convert the carbon, from the bones, into a
diamond.

Carats are good for her eyes?
Ted Edwards

Sunworshipper wrote:

My wife (under 40) has arthritis and had to have her ring cut off and
I never wear mine. So I was thinking that something could be made out
of both for her that she could wear , and with only one diamond.

You could get a little colour match gold "solder" (or maybe TIG), repair
the saw cut to get two rings whole again, join them in a figure eight
and buy a gold chain to make a necklace from them. The fact that you
did it yourself would add to the emotional value of the piece.

Ted

jim rozen

In article , Ted Edwards says...

.... The fact that you
did it yourself would add to the emotional value of the piece.

Here speaks a man who *truly* understands what's important
about that ring....

Jim

please reply to:

Dave

Ken Moffett wrote:

Speaking of keepsake diamonds...

There was an artcle in the Minneapolis Star-Tribune (Metro/State
section, page B-1) this morning about a company that will take your
loved one's ashes and convert the carbon, from the bones, into a
diamond.

Oh, that's a *beautiful* diamond. Did your husband give that to you?

Oh, no, that IS my husband.

~D

On 1-Sep-2004, Dave wrote:

ate: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 17:48:05 -0400

Ken Moffett wrote:

Speaking of keepsake diamonds...

There was an artcle in the Minneapolis Star-Tribune (Metro/State
section, page B-1) this morning about a company that will take your
loved one's ashes and convert the carbon, from the bones, into a
diamond.

Oh, that's a *beautiful* diamond. Did your husband give that to you?

Oh, no, that IS my husband.

~D

I have been thinking along the same lines, except using the ashes in a
ceramic vase, for the clay and glaze. Bones make a good flux for glazes.
Hey, a nice urn looks better than ashes "I always knew that *******
had a yellow streak" could be pointed out as fact

Les
Occupant

uncloak
Been lurking for a few months here. This article in
the link has something I don't understand.
Diamonds are 100% carbon.
Crematory remains are 0% carbon.
How do they make a diamond out of ashes?

Or is this a scam?

Oscar

/uncloak

"Ken Moffett" wrote in message ...
snip
There was an artcle in the Minneapolis Star-Tribune (Metro/State
section, page B-1) this morning about a company that will take your
loved one's ashes and convert the carbon, from the bones, into a
diamond.

jim rozen

In article 7suZc.273319$eM2.145093@attbi_s51, Occupant says...

uncloak
Been lurking for a few months here. This article in
the link has something I don't understand.
Diamonds are 100% carbon.
Crematory remains are 0% carbon.
How do they make a diamond out of ashes?

LOL. Don't confuse the marketing folks
with facts. Makes their heads swell up
and bust.

Jim

please reply to:
Gunner

On Thu, 02 Sep 2004 01:12:35 GMT, "Occupant"
wrote:

uncloak
Been lurking for a few months here. This article in
the link has something I don't understand.
Diamonds are 100% carbon.
Crematory remains are 0% carbon.

What gives you that idea?

Gunner

How do they make a diamond out of ashes?

Or is this a scam?

Oscar

/uncloak

"Ken Moffett" wrote in message ...
snip
There was an artcle in the Minneapolis Star-Tribune (Metro/State
section, page B-1) this morning about a company that will take your
loved one's ashes and convert the carbon, from the bones, into a
diamond.

"In my humble opinion, the petty carping levied against Bush by
the Democrats proves again, it is better to have your eye plucked
out by an eagle than to be nibbled to death by ducks." - Norman
Liebmann

jim rozen

In article , Gunner says...

Crematory remains are 0% carbon.

What gives you that idea?

The fact that carbon and oxygen react fully at the
temperatures they burn bodies at....

Jim

please reply to:
Gunner

On 2 Sep 2004 08:21:52 -0700, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Gunner says...

Crematory remains are 0% carbon.

What gives you that idea?

The fact that carbon and oxygen react fully at the
temperatures they burn bodies at....

Jim

So what is the charcoal residue that remains?

Gunner

"In my humble opinion, the petty carping levied against Bush by
the Democrats proves again, it is better to have your eye plucked
out by an eagle than to be nibbled to death by ducks." - Norman
Liebmann
jim rozen

In article , Gunner says...

Crematory remains are 0% carbon.

What gives you that idea?

The fact that carbon and oxygen react fully at the
temperatures they burn bodies at....

So what is the charcoal residue that remains?

Never having seen somebody after the flames, I
cannot give first hand evidence. However from
what I've heard of the process, given the
temperatures involved, I would say all the carbon
would have been reacted.

How much carbon is left in a barbecue grill after
the fire's died out? None.

Jim

please reply to:
Ted Edwards

Karl Vorwerk wrote:

what about linking them (like a chain)? joined for ever.

I thought of that but I didn't think it would sit nicely against her
skin (necklace). That would work for a broach though.

Ted

Gary Coffman

On Thu, 02 Sep 2004 16:33:19 GMT, Gunner wrote:
On 2 Sep 2004 08:21:52 -0700, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Gunner says...

Crematory remains are 0% carbon.

What gives you that idea?

The fact that carbon and oxygen react fully at the
temperatures they burn bodies at....

Jim

So what is the charcoal residue that remains?

What charcoal? What's left after cremation is
powdered bone and trace elements that won't
burn.

Gary
Spehro Pefhany

On 2 Sep 2004 10:11:38 -0700, the renowned jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Gunner says...

Crematory remains are 0% carbon.

What gives you that idea?

The fact that carbon and oxygen react fully at the
temperatures they burn bodies at....

So what is the charcoal residue that remains?

Never having seen somebody after the flames, I
cannot give first hand evidence. However from
what I've heard of the process, given the
temperatures involved, I would say all the carbon
would have been reacted.

How much carbon is left in a barbecue grill after
the fire's died out? None.

Jim

Interesting- according to the patent application 20040154528 August
12, 2004:

The approximate composition of human ash:
[0036] CaO 39.0%
[0037] P205 50.2%
[0038] K20 4.8%
[0039] Na203 3.8%
[0040] MgO 0.9%
[0041] SiO2 1.1%
[0042] Fe203 0.2%
[0043] ZnO 0.1%

(No carbon/sp)

[0049] The manufacture of diamonds using human remains is to be
completed using any number of known methods. The human/animal remains
prior to desiccation/heating/cremation shall be referred to as the
"remains". These methods include but are not limited to the following:
collection of carbon from a gaseous phase during the heating/cremation
process, or heating the subject at a temperature at or lower than that
necessary for cremation in order to facilitate the
collection/formation of carbon. The carbon may be collected at a later
stage of cremation or after cremation. In addition, this may be done
in a low oxygen or controlled oxygen environment. In order to collect
carbon suitable for diamond creation the remains may be heated in a
contained/controlled environment--for example a reusable or one time
use stainless steel containment vessel or other vessel or crematorium
that may have filtered collection vents or events which draw the
carbon/volatile material/gas through a filter or collection chamber
prior to final dispersion. The carbon may also be purified and/or
converted into graphite. During the diamond making process a "seed"
diamond may be used as a seed for the end diamond product. The
diamonds generated from the human carbon may be re-mixed with other
diamonds or mixtures and re-subjected to the diamond making devices or
other processes for one or more trials in order to increase the size
of the final product or enhance the final product.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
jim rozen

In article , Larry Jaques says...

Right, we have low-carbon bodies.

We sure do after they've been in a retort
for an hour at a thousand degrees F.

If you can figure out how to keep carbon
from burning in air at that temperature,
you got yerself a nobel prize there.

Jim

please reply to:
jim rozen

In article , Spehro Pefhany says...

The approximate composition of human ash:
[0036] CaO 39.0%
[0037] P205 50.2%
[0038] K20 4.8%
[0039] Na203 3.8%
[0040] MgO 0.9%
[0041] SiO2 1.1%
[0042] Fe203 0.2%
[0043] ZnO 0.1%

(No carbon/sp)

Note that this stuff is in the form of *oxides* which
is what happens when the elements are heated in the presence
of oxygen. The exact same thing happens to all the carbon,
but they don't list the CO and CO2 that comes off the
process. They're not "in" the ash.

... During the diamond making process a "seed"
diamond may be used as a seed for the end diamond product. The
diamonds generated from the human carbon may be re-mixed with other
diamonds or mixtures and re-subjected to the diamond making devices or
other processes for one or more trials in order to increase the size
of the final product or enhance the final product.

Heh. More seed, less Aunt Tilly. She's in there someplace.
Basically it sounds like they take a fresh diamond and rub it
on the sole of her foot before they do the burn. Atomic
transfer complete!

Jim

please reply to:
ff

Ted Edwards wrote:

Sunworshipper wrote:

My wife (under 40) has arthritis and had to have her ring cut off and
I never wear mine. So I was thinking that something could be made out
of both for her that she could wear , and with only one diamond.

You could get a little colour match gold "solder" (or maybe TIG), repair
the saw cut to get two rings whole again, join them in a figure eight
and buy a gold chain to make a necklace from them. The fact that you
did it yourself would add to the emotional value of the piece.

Ted

Or make a pair of bellybutton rings? Hey, I live in California.
Everything is pierced here.

ffredd

Larry Jaques

On 2 Sep 2004 12:27:10 -0700, jim rozen
calmly ranted:

In article , Larry Jaques says...

Right, we have low-carbon bodies.

We sure do after they've been in a retort
for an hour at a thousand degrees F.

If you can figure out how to keep carbon
from burning in air at that temperature,
you got yerself a nobel prize there.

That reminds me of the joke I received this morning.

--snip--
Elmer's Egg Business

Elmer was in the fertilized egg business. He had several hundred young
layers called pullets and eight or ten roosters, whose job was to
fertilize the eggs. Elmer kept records and any rooster that didn't
perform went into the soup pot and was replaced.

That took an awful lot of Elmer's time so he got a set of tiny bells
and attached them to his roosters. Each bell had a different tone so
Elmer could tell from a distance, which rooster was performing.

Now he could sit on the porch and fill out an efficiency report simply
by listening to the bells. Elmer's favorite rooster was old Brewster,
a very fine specimen he was too. But on this particular morning Elmer
noticed old Brewster's bell hadn't rung at all!

Elmer went to investigate. The other roosters were chasing pullets,
bells-a-ringing. The pullets, hearing the roosters coming, would run
for cover.

BUT, to Elmer's amazement, Brewster had his bell in his beak, so it
couldn't ring. He'd sneak up on a pullet, do his job and walk on to
the next one.

Elmer was so proud of Brewster, he entered him in the county fair...
and Brewster became an overnight sensation among the judges.

The result...

The judges not only awarded Brewster the "No Bell Piece Prize" but
they also awarded him the "Pulletsurprise" as well.
--snip--

--== EAT RIGHT...KEEP FIT...DIE ANYWAY ==--
http://www.diversify.com/stees.html - Schnazzy Tees online

Gunner

On 2 Sep 2004 10:11:38 -0700, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Gunner says...

Crematory remains are 0% carbon.

What gives you that idea?

The fact that carbon and oxygen react fully at the
temperatures they burn bodies at....

So what is the charcoal residue that remains?

Never having seen somebody after the flames, I
cannot give first hand evidence. However from
what I've heard of the process, given the
temperatures involved, I would say all the carbon
would have been reacted.

How much carbon is left in a barbecue grill after
the fire's died out? None.

Jim

Ive seen more than several life times worth of crispy citters in the
military, and worked in a crematory a couple summers as a kid.

Uncle Bill (mortician/coroner) told me they were largely carbon with
the trace elements.

Gunner

"In my humble opinion, the petty carping levied against Bush by
the Democrats proves again, it is better to have your eye plucked
out by an eagle than to be nibbled to death by ducks." - Norman
Liebmann
Gunner

On Thu, 02 Sep 2004 13:45:27 -0400, Gary Coffman
wrote:

On Thu, 02 Sep 2004 16:33:19 GMT, Gunner wrote:
On 2 Sep 2004 08:21:52 -0700, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Gunner says...

Crematory remains are 0% carbon.

What gives you that idea?

The fact that carbon and oxygen react fully at the
temperatures they burn bodies at....

Jim

So what is the charcoal residue that remains?

What charcoal? What's left after cremation is
powdered bone and trace elements that won't
burn.

Gary

I should have said "Charcoal like" residue. Sorry

Gunner
"In my humble opinion, the petty carping levied against Bush by
the Democrats proves again, it is better to have your eye plucked
out by an eagle than to be nibbled to death by ducks." - Norman
Liebmann
jim rozen

In article , Gunner says...

Ive seen more than several life times worth of crispy citters in the
military, and worked in a crematory a couple summers as a kid.

Uncle Bill (mortician/coroner) told me they were largely carbon with
the trace elements.

THis is at odds with the analysis given in Sphero's post, herewith
copied:

====================
The approximate composition of human ash:
[0036] CaO 39.0%
[0037] P205 50.2%
[0038] K20 4.8%
[0039] Na203 3.8%
[0040] MgO 0.9%
[0041] SiO2 1.1%
[0042] Fe203 0.2%
[0043] ZnO 0.1%
====================

It may be that the incinerated bits you've seen were
not run fully to completion, something that that typically
(but not always, do you recall the outfit in arizona of
ten years or so ago?) the pro outfits take pains to
do.

Jim

please reply to:
Joel Corwith

wrote:
On 2 Sep 2004 08:21:52 -0700, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Gunner says...

Crematory remains are 0% carbon.

What gives you that idea?

The fact that carbon and oxygen react fully at the
temperatures they burn bodies at....

Jim

So what is the charcoal residue that remains?

What charcoal? What's left after cremation is
powdered bone and trace elements that won't
burn.

Gary

I should have said "Charcoal like" residue. Sorry

You should have said "remains of the dearly departed" aka ashes. Actually,
you want charcoal you cut off the air supply:
http://www.wecreate4u.net/dwilliams/.../charcoal.html
(notice it's in a metal pot that would have to under go a metalworking
process)

A diamond grading report can be generated by a jeweler which identifies the
inclusions in the stone. Often, these inclusions are quite easy to see by
eye, else a 10x loupe. If you're really worried, look first and see if you
can identify the specs in the stone. If not, best to have a jewelery look
at it. Lastly, rec.crafts.jewelry is a couple doors up on the left....

Joel. phx

Gunner

Jim Stewart

wrote:

On 2 Sep 2004 08:21:52 -0700, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Gunner says...

Crematory remains are 0% carbon.

What gives you that idea?

The fact that carbon and oxygen react fully at the
temperatures they burn bodies at....

Jim

So what is the charcoal residue that remains?

What charcoal? What's left after cremation is
powdered bone and trace elements that won't
burn.

Gary

I should have said "Charcoal like" residue. Sorry

You should have said "remains of the dearly departed" aka ashes. Actually,

Cremains. If you don't believe me, google it.

you want charcoal you cut off the air supply:
http://www.wecreate4u.net/dwilliams/.../charcoal.html
(notice it's in a metal pot that would have to under go a metalworking
process)

A diamond grading report can be generated by a jeweler which identifies the
inclusions in the stone. Often, these inclusions are quite easy to see by
eye, else a 10x loupe. If you're really worried, look first and see if you
can identify the specs in the stone. If not, best to have a jewelery look
at it. Lastly, rec.crafts.jewelry is a couple doors up on the left....

Joel. phx

Gunner

ROBB

My wife (under 40) has arthritis and had to have her ring cut off and
I never wear mine. So I was thinking that something could be made out
of both for her that she could wear , and with only one diamond.

ffredd

A compotent Jeweler can install an " Arthritic Shank " on Your
wife's ring.
Perhaps the best solution. Gold reclamed from old rings can be full of
undesireable alloys for casting. This is why it is often melted into a
nugget.

If you are afrade of having your diamonds switched, have them surveyed
or apparised. There will be an additional charge for this, but you can
often get a discount from your insurance co. The apparisal will be
used to determin the replacement value of the new ring.

I would recomend, from the writen discription given, that you have an
Arthritic shank installed on your wife's ring and a Nugget pendent
made of Your old wedding band for her.

I have been a Journeyman Millwright for 28 yrs with other Journeyman
trade certifications .
I retired 5 yrs ago ( bad back ) to become a Certified Jeweler and
Gemologist after 2 1/2 yrs of fulltime schooling.
I will recomend the " rec. crafts. Jewelry site on the Google Groups.
It is well moderated and has several jewelers more experienced than I
contributing.

Robb GGS and JA certified.
Sunworshipper

On 3 Sep 2004 13:00:46 -0700, (ROBB) wrote:

My wife (under 40) has arthritis and had to have her ring cut off and
I never wear mine. So I was thinking that something could be made out
of both for her that she could wear , and with only one diamond.

ffredd

A compotent Jeweler can install an " Arthritic Shank " on Your
wife's ring.

Never heard of one, I'll have to check it out. The rings are made to
look weaved , but if I or we changed the design to accommodate an
Arthritic Shank.

I called one promising place , but they want to make an appointment
which I always have problems with. For the guy with the pool I have
to be at the store to remind the owner while he's going through old
plans.

Seems like I have to work on every Labor Day weekend. At least I don't
have to go camping at 11,000 feet !

[...]

Larry Jaques

On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 13:53:31 -0700, Sunworshipper
calmly ranted:

Seems like I have to work on every Labor Day weekend.

Pobrecito!

At least I don't have to go camping at 11,000 feet !

When I went over to NM to scout for new places to move
to and live ('02, ABQ was a possiblity), I stopped in and
harassed Lew Hartswick. He and his wife are great folks
and very hospitable, they even put me up for the night
and made a king's breakfast for me the next morning. I
stopped at the Sandia Tramway and went up for the sights.
At the top, Sandia Peak is 10,678', I hiked around for
nearly an hour. On the way down, people were talking about
the altitude and I realized that I wasn't bothered by it
at all. I guess I'm lucky in that respect.

--== EAT RIGHT...KEEP FIT...DIE ANYWAY ==--
http://www.diversify.com/stees.html - Schnazzy Tees online

Sunworshipper

On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 15:46:26 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 13:53:31 -0700, Sunworshipper
calmly ranted:

Seems like I have to work on every Labor Day weekend.

Pobrecito!

Does that mean U2 ? I just got a call for another major custom after
the fact add on , that was a good 6-8 pools ago. Now I have 3 jobs
that all want to be done or at least on by Tuesday. I can't even get
the tile till then. LOL It may look simple , but it's like rock
climbing and I get tired after 8-10 hrs. and if I keep going longer
hours I'll not wake up for at least the next day. When I flat out
refuse to do a job and say fire me all I get is please. One time I
quit and told him not to call me , I got about 8 more of these are
special people and you have to do it before I got a couple of months
off.

At least I don't have to go camping at 11,000 feet !

When I went over to NM to scout for new places to move
to and live ('02, ABQ was a possiblity), I stopped in and
harassed Lew Hartswick. He and his wife are great folks
and very hospitable, they even put me up for the night
and made a king's breakfast for me the next morning. I
stopped at the Sandia Tramway and went up for the sights.
At the top, Sandia Peak is 10,678', I hiked around for
nearly an hour. On the way down, people were talking about
the altitude and I realized that I wasn't bothered by it
at all. I guess I'm lucky in that respect.

That would be nice. Seems like I'm the one to put up 3 strange tents
in the dark when everyone else is bewildered. I'm exhausted getting
out of the car 2 miles up. I might as well stay home even though I
like sea level.

--== EAT RIGHT...KEEP FIT...DIE ANYWAY ==--
http://www.diversify.com/stees.html - Schnazzy Tees online

Larry Jaques

On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 17:13:41 -0700, Sunworshipper
calmly ranted:

wrote:

On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 13:53:31 -0700, Sunworshipper
calmly ranted:

Seems like I have to work on every Labor Day weekend.

Pobrecito!

Does that mean U2 ?

No, it means, roughly, "Poor little sh*t." in Messican.
I learned many of these essential words and phrases
whilst living in LoCal.

I just got a call for another major custom after
the fact add on , that was a good 6-8 pools ago. Now I have 3 jobs
that all want to be done or at least on by Tuesday. I can't even get
the tile till then. LOL It may look simple , but it's like rock
climbing and I get tired after 8-10 hrs. and if I keep going longer
hours I'll not wake up for at least the next day. When I flat out
refuse to do a job and say fire me all I get is please. One time I
quit and told him not to call me , I got about 8 more of these are
special people and you have to do it before I got a couple of months
off.

I have some web clients like that. They call at 9pm and
want something done before I go to sleep that night. I
finally get some relief when I go to triple-time billing.
Single from 8-5, double from 5-8p, and triple from 8p-8am.
99% fall off at double, but I'll work an occasional night
for $195/hr. My Jello Page ad finally hit yesterday so I
might be busier in the next year. It'd sure beat starving.
(I'm self-employed and enjoy the feast/famine syndrome)

Do that yourself and it'll pay for part-time helpers while
avoiding employees and the massive headaches which go with
them.

At the top, Sandia Peak is 10,678', I hiked around for
nearly an hour. On the way down, people were talking about
the altitude and I realized that I wasn't bothered by it
at all. I guess I'm lucky in that respect.

That would be nice. Seems like I'm the one to put up 3 strange tents
in the dark when everyone else is bewildered. I'm exhausted getting
out of the car 2 miles up. I might as well stay home even though I
like sea level.

If you have a car, how can you put up tents in the dark?

--== EAT RIGHT...KEEP FIT...DIE ANYWAY ==--
http://www.diversify.com/stees.html - Schnazzy Tees online

Lewis Hartswick

Larry Jaques wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the kind words Larry. :-)
...lew... (still hanging in there )
Larry Jaques

On Sat, 04 Sep 2004 13:55:44 GMT, Lewis Hartswick
calmly ranted:

Thanks for the kind words Larry. :-)
...lew... (still hanging in there )

You're very welcome.

P.S: Ready to get rid of that old Crapsman drill
press yet?

CAUTION: Do NOT look directly into laser with remaining eyeball!
http://www.diversify.com Comprehensive Website Design

Lewis Hartswick

Larry Jaques wrote:

P.S: Ready to get rid of that old Crapsman drill
press yet?

No way. That was one of the best acquisitions I ever made.
6 inches of quill travel and snug as, (well you put the
comparrison in here ) :-)
...lew...
Larry Jaques

On Sun, 05 Sep 2004 00:24:26 GMT, Lewis Hartswick
calmly ranted:

Larry Jaques wrote:

P.S: Ready to get rid of that old Crapsman drill
press yet?

No way. That was one of the best acquisitions I ever made.
6 inches of quill travel and snug as, (well you put the
comparrison in here ) :-)
...lew...

I remembered your protectiveness well, and you probably
noticed my drooling over the old thing. Newer stuff
deserves the name "Crapsman" while the old beast doesn't
at all.

Will it to me, won't you?