Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default 10 year warranty

Just looking for some electric heaters for a 2 bed house and saw Dimplex
did a 10 year warranty.

Here are the terms and conditions of the 10 year warranty

Open all
Competition Terms and Conditions
Opti-myst research competition Terms & Conditions
Feedback survey win a £100 M&S voucher
Colour of the Month Social Media Competition Win a £50 Next gift card!
Quantum Warranty
Terms and conditions for free extra 8 year Quantum off peak space heater
warranty offer.

Your product comes with a 2 year standard parts and labour guarantee.
An additional 3 years parts and labour guarantee for the complete
appliance is given (on completion and acceptance of registration)
provided that:

a. Product purchased and installed in Great Britain.
b. You complete all registration details.

Completed registration form available at
www.dimplex.co.uk/quantum-10-year-warranty. Should your product fail
within this period, contact Dimplex. We guarantee within this 5 year
period (2 + 3 years) to repair your product. For registered products,
after the first 5 years has elapsed we automatically guarantee the
product (with exclusions) for a further 5 years.

Exclusions what is not covered for the final 5 years of guarantee period:

Heating elements, electronics, electromechanical devices and ancillary
electrical components including fan and airmixing device.

Failure due to product used in an industrial application

Failure due to product not maintained in accordance with instructions

Failure due to damage to product, accidental or wilful, or caused by
faulty installation.

Paint discolouration

Call out charges where the faults are excluded from the guarantee

Only appointed or nominated engineers to carry out the
repair. Claims for repairs by others will not be paid.

If the product is replaced the guarantee period is not
extended beyond the original period of 2 + 8 years.

Does not affect your statutory rights.

Dimplex reserve the right to withdraw this extended warranty
offer at any time.

GDC Group Ltd (the holding company for the Dimplex brand) will use your
answers to develop products and services, marketing and research. We may
keep your information for a reasonable period for these purposes.
Personal information will only be shared with our business partners if
you have stated this on the online form (at
www.dimplex.co.uk/quantum-10-year-warranty). In all other instances GDC
Group Ltd will only share your personal information when required by
law. If you have any queries or comments, please contact GDC Group,
Millbrook House, Grange Drive, Hedge End, Southampton, Hampshire, SO30
2DF. GDC Group is a subsidiary of Glen Dimplex Group.

So basically it's a 5 year warranty of am I missing something?

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/06/2019 08:56, ARW wrote:
[...]

Looking at the stuff not covered in the final 5 years, what else is
there in one of those ****ing things?
Methinks they're taking the **** somewhat.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 09/06/2019 09:04, Richard wrote:

Looking at the stuff not covered in the final 5 years, what else is
there in one of those ****ing things?
Methinks they're taking the **** somewhat.

I fitted some storage heaters a couple of months ago.

They no longer come with bricks but with "energy cells". These "energy
cells" are made of clay, were in a rectangular shape and when stacked on
top of each other somewhat resembled a wall.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/06/2019 09:11, ARW wrote:
On 09/06/2019 09:04, Richard wrote:

Looking at the stuff not covered in the final 5 years, what else is
there in one of those ****ing things?
Methinks they're taking the **** somewhat.

I fitted some storage heaters a couple of months ago.

They no longer come with bricks but with "energy cells". These "energy
cells" are made of clay, were in a rectangular shape and when stacked on
top of each other somewhat resembled a wall.

Ahhh! So if the "energy cells" crumble to dust, you get to claim.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message

"ARW" wrote in message
[...]

as they "do not affect your statutory rights" you don't have to make a claim
against them

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 9 June 2019 09:20:00 UTC+1, Richard wrote:
Ahhh! So if the "energy cells" crumble to dust, you get to claim.

The insulation around them is more likely to crumble to dust in my experience, and that would be claimable.

I also note it's a "Quantum off peak space heater" not a "storage heater".

Is that because they no longer store enough heat to be called storage heaters - like the ones filled with German Magic Clay can't be called storage heaters either?

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW formulated on Sunday :
At least I took the bricks out of them before moving the old ones. A bit of a
crap builder had a go at moving one last month with the bricks still in it.
He slid it across the carpet and tried to lower it down the stairs using the
flex to hold it steady.

And? What happened next?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
ARW formulated on Sunday :
At least I took the bricks out of them before moving the old ones. A bit
of a crap builder had a go at moving one last month with the bricks still
in it. He slid it across the carpet and tried to lower it down the stairs
using the flex to hold it steady.

And? What happened next?

bet the flex snapped....tee hee

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield wrote:
ARW formulated on Sunday :
At least I took the bricks out of them before moving the old ones. A bit of a
crap builder had a go at moving one last month with the bricks still in it.
He slid it across the carpet and tried to lower it down the stairs using the
flex to hold it steady.

And? What happened next?

Ended up with a couple of yards of flex only rated for 6 amp.

GH

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 9 June 2019 20:26:11 UTC+1, Marland wrote:
Ended up with a couple of yards of flex only rated for 6 amp.

That's how the 1.25mm flex is so cheap from China Ebay ...

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Its all pretty standard and might be worth it if you still need the exact
item after a long period, but as has been said, it does not affect your
rights under the law, so having it is no bad thing. I imagine they talk
about industrial use as general much and rubbish and fan heaters do not get
on well.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"tim..." wrote in message

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message

"ARW" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/06/2019 08:56, ARW wrote:
Just looking for some electric heaters for a 2 bed house and saw Dimplex
did a 10 year warranty.

Large print: 5 year guarantee on a Mattress

Small print:
1st year fully guaranteed against faulty workmanship

2nd and 3rd year a new mattress will be supplied BUT at a cost to the
buyer of 40% of the cost of a new mattress plus the buyer pays transport
costs for returning the old mattress and delivery of the new mattress.

4th year: new mattress BUT at a cost to the buyer of 60% of the cost of
a new mattress plus transport costs.

5th year: new mattress BUT at a cost to the buyer of 80% of the cost of
a new mattress plus transport costs.

I suspect that the cost is the "recommended price" and not a discounted
price that they are often sold at.

Other terms and conditions that may void the guarantee:
The Mattress must be turned and rotated every week for 3 months and then
every month thereafter.
A Mattress protector should be usd from day 1 to avoid any staining.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 10 June 2019 10:57:43 UTC+1, alan_m wrote:
A Mattress protector should be usd from day 1 to avoid any staining.

Makes one wonder what they do with the faulty mattresses returned under guarantee.

Anyway, with the best will in the world, accidents happen. I had a pint mug of tea go flying a few weeks ago.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/06/2019 10:57, alan_m wrote:
On 09/06/2019 08:56, ARW wrote:
[...]

To me, a "mattress protector" is one of those quilted things that
protects you from the (roughness of the) mattress rather than the other
way round. If they mean anything liquid proof they should say so.

--
Max Demian
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 10 June 2019 19:43:37 UTC+1, ARW wrote:
Ended up replacing the front door.

Ooooops.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
On Monday, 10 June 2019 10:57:43 UTC+1, alan_m wrote:
A Mattress protector should be usd from day 1 to avoid any staining.

Makes one wonder what they do with the faulty mattresses returned under
guarantee.

Presumably fix the problem and sell it again with the simpler faults.

Anyway, with the best will in the world, accidents happen.
I had a pint mug of tea go flying a few weeks ago.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 11 Jun 2019 06:42:49 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Presumably fix the problem and sell it again with the simpler faults.

Oh, no, and this innocent little thread was Rodent-free, so far! tsk

--
Bill Wright to Rot Speed:
"That confirms my opinion that you are a despicable little ****."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/06/2019 21:42, Rod Speed wrote:

Presumably fix the problem and sell it again with the simpler faults.

Unlikely as they couldn't guarantee the absence of mites/bed bugs in a
second hand mattress. Probably cheaper and safer to send any returns to
landfill/recycling.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 11 June 2019 00:45:54 UTC+1, alan_m wrote:
On 10/06/2019 21:42, Rod Speed wrote:

Presumably fix the problem and sell it again with the simpler faults.

Unlikely as they couldn't guarantee the absence of mites/bed bugs in a
second hand mattress.

easy to achieve. They were doing that most of a century ago - I don't want to bring up brand names.

NT

Probably cheaper and safer to send any returns to
landfill/recycling.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"alan_m" wrote in message
On 10/06/2019 21:42, Rod Speed wrote:

Presumably fix the problem and sell it again with the simpler faults.

Unlikely as they couldn't guarantee the absence of mites/bed bugs in a
second hand mattress. Probably cheaper and safer to send any returns to
landfill/recycling.

Doesnt explain why they require a mattress protector to be used.

Or what happens with returns of the plenty of mattresses
that allow a limited time free return if you dont like it.

Shouldnt be hard to fumigate the mattress.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 11 June 2019 03:06:27 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:

Doesnt explain why they require a mattress protector to be used.

so they can refuse some warranty claims of course.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/06/2019 03:06, Rod Speed wrote:

"alan_m" wrote in message

Unlikely as they couldn't guarantee the absence of mites/bed bugs in a
second hand mattress. Probably cheaper and safer to send any returns
to landfill/recycling.

Doesnt explain why they require a mattress protector to be used.

Possibly the Elfin Safety aspect for their own workers inspecting a
returned mattress. They don't want their workers exposed to bodily fluids.

The same company offer to dispose of an old mattress but only if the
customer wraps it in a thick plastic bag (supplied) and fully tapes up
any openings in the bag.

Or what happens with returns of the plenty of mattresses
that allow a limited time free return if you dont like it.

Landfill? ... and built into the costs?

The offers for try it for 90 days often is on foam mattresses that
require industrial scale vacuum packing for transportation. If the
customer is now responsible for returns after this "trial period" he
stands no chance of re-packing for economic transportation.

Shouldnt be hard to fumigate the mattress.

Isn't the problem with people with allergies the bodies of the dead
mites/bugs and not necessarily the living creatures?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 11 Jun 2019 12:06:15 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Shouldnt be hard to fumigate the mattress.

You need your senile auto-contradicting mouth fumigated, senile Rodent!

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing senile Rot:
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
On Tuesday, 11 June 2019 03:06:27 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:

Doesnt explain why they require a mattress protector to be used.

so they can refuse some warranty claims of course.

Even sillier than you usually manage and thats saying something.

Legally, they can't, stupid.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Oh bull****.

The same company offer to dispose of an old mattress but only if the
customer wraps it in a thick plastic bag (supplied) and fully tapes up any
openings in the bag.

Wont be for that reason. And they dont
require that with the warranty claim.

Or what happens with returns of the plenty of mattresses
that allow a limited time free return if you dont like it.

Landfill? ...

Dont buy that.

and built into the costs?

Or that.

The offers for try it for 90 days often is on foam mattresses that require
industrial scale vacuum packing for transportation.

Plenty offer it on all their mattresses.

If the customer is now responsible for returns after this "trial period"
he stands no chance of re-packing for economic transportation.

When you get another of theirs to try after you dont like the first
one, they take it back themselves when supplying the second one.

Shouldnt be hard to fumigate the mattress.

Isn't the problem with people with allergies the bodies of the dead
mites/bugs and not necessarily the living creatures?

A mattress protector wont help with that.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 11 June 2019 10:04:51 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:

Even sillier

stupid.

bull****.

bull****, and more bull**** all day long.
No-one wants you here.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 11 Jun 2019 19:04:35 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Even sillier than you usually manage and thats saying something.

Legally, they can't, stupid.

Shut your stupid gob, you abnormal 85-year-old trolling senile asshole!

--
Sqwertz to Rot Speed:
asshole.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 11 Jun 2019 19:11:24 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Oh bull****.

That's what you keep spouting on all these groups all day long, you lonely
psychopathic senile pest!

--
Bod addressing senile Rot:
"Rod, you have a sick twisted mind. I suggest you stop your mindless
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Some gutless drug crazed drunken ****wit desperately cowering behind
spewed just the **** you'd expect from a
desperately cowering drunken drug crazed ****wit, as always.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 11 June 2019 18:59:53 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
Some gutless drug crazed drunken ****wit desperately cowering behind
spewed just the **** you'd expect from a
desperately cowering drunken drug crazed ****wit, as always.

he just doesn't get it does he.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 11 Jun 2019 08:49:48 +0100, alan_m wrote:

Isn't the problem with people with allergies the bodies of the dead
mites/bugs and not necessarily the living creatures?

Two different critters. It's the poo of dust mites that sets of
allergies. Bed bugs bite and feed on your blood.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 03:59:41 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Some gutless drug crazed drunken ****wit desperately cowering behind
spewed just the **** you'd expect from a
desperately cowering drunken drug crazed ****wit, as always.

Truth hurts ya, eh, you clinically insane obnoxious senile asshole from Oz?
LOL