scott willett

Default Maytag HVAC / 10 year Warranty?

I am looking at replacing my HVAC with a Maytag system 80 gas furnance
single stage variable speed and a 12 seer AC. The 10 year warranty is
enticing. Maytag is a well known name but seems to be a little new to
HVAC( correct me if I am wrong). I hope I have given enough details for
some experts to give me their opinion of MAYTAG.

TURTLE

"scott willett" wrote in message . ..
I am looking at replacing my HVAC with a Maytag system 80 gas furnance
single stage variable speed and a 12 seer AC. The 10 year warranty is
enticing. Maytag is a well known name but seems to be a little new to
HVAC( correct me if I am wrong). I hope I have given enough details for
some experts to give me their opinion of MAYTAG.

This is Turtle.

First The name means nothing without a good installer. MayTag , Goodman , Amana , Intertherm ,
Delta Therm , Miller, Trane, American Standard, and a host of other have the same 10 year warrenty throwed in too. Then a host of
other have 5 years everything and 10 years compressor. The 10 year warrenty is a common thing now days.

Now the Amana and Goodman on 12 seer or up have life time warrenty on the compressor.

Now all this said about here. Warrenty is needed only if you don't get a good installer. If given a choice of getting a life time
warrenty on everything or get a good installer. i would take the good installer . I shotgun the units and do not recommend any but
just listed them.

Now here is what i think here. Look the first thing you should be looking at is the installer and next to the last thing would be
the brand. I would take , first a brand that was a pure piece of junk if i knew it was installed by a good installer before i took
the best brand know to man installed by a Hack. The installer is the key to a good running system. Warrentys are for people who
don't get a good installer or a bad installation. Hacks and bad installers brought on the long warrenty game as it is today.

TURTLE

---

scott willett

Thank you for your comments. He has done work for me in the past. He put in
my basement unit. He could have oversold me more than once because I had
some ideas. HE always talked me out of it. He is also concerned about my
"air flow" H stated that for this unit to be most effeciant, he need to add
a few more vents. I forget which are returns. HE took over 45 minutes in
the attick and looking at the lack of air movement. He also wants to up the
existign system by one ton. We are in the deep south, Atlanta, and we have
problems with the AC unti upstairs. I wanted to go with a 90 gas furnace
and he talked me out of it, I also was interested in the 13-14 seer unti
and he suggested that the return was not worht the extra money. He suggeted
tah the variable sppe fan was where to put the money. WHile all of this is
debatable, I was again impressed that he down sold me. We also atend chuch
together, HE has a great reputation and is not the cheapest guy around. HE
also is by no meansd the most expensive.

Based on what you said and the fact that no -one has any bad thing to say
baout Maytag, I am going to go wioth it. Thanks for taking time to reply.
Have a great wk end.

"TURTLE" wrote in message

"scott willett" wrote in message

. ..
[...]

tflfb

I had a Maytag furnace v/s motor, A coil, 2 stage, 16 seer , 3 ton heat
pump, the guys did a super clean install no half ass work, heat pumps keeps
house @ 69 degs with outside temp 14 degs. 2300 sq ft ranch. (Nebraska
weather)

Most if of the compressor ar manufactured by Nordyne for the most of the
manufactures.

Tom

"scott willett" wrote in message
. ..
I am looking at replacing my HVAC with a Maytag system 80 gas furnance
single stage variable speed and a 12 seer AC. The 10 year warranty is
enticing. Maytag is a well known name but seems to be a little new to
HVAC( correct me if I am wrong). I hope I have given enough details

for
some experts to give me their opinion of MAYTAG.

CBhvac

"tflfb" wrote in message
I had a Maytag furnace v/s motor, A coil, 2 stage, 16 seer , 3 ton heat
pump, the guys did a super clean install no half ass work, heat pumps

keeps
house @ 69 degs with outside temp 14 degs. 2300 sq ft ranch. (Nebraska
weather)

Most if of the compressor ar manufactured by Nordyne for the most of the
manufactures.

I dont understand that last line...

Are you saying that Nordyne makes the compressor? If so, you are very wrong.

Tom

"scott willett" wrote in message
. ..
I am looking at replacing my HVAC with a Maytag system 80 gas furnance
single stage variable speed and a 12 seer AC. The 10 year warranty

is
enticing. Maytag is a well known name but seems to be a little new

HVAC( correct me if I am wrong). I hope I have given enough details

for
some experts to give me their opinion of MAYTAG.

Greg O

Most if of the compressor ar manufactured by Nordyne for the most of the
manufactures.

Tom

Really? I wonder what Tecumseh, Bristol, Copeland, Trane and a few others
would say to this!
Greg

AskMeNot

tflfb wrote:
I had a Maytag furnace v/s motor, A coil, 2 stage, 16 seer , 3 ton heat
pump, the guys did a super clean install no half ass work, heat pumps keeps
house @ 69 degs with outside temp 14 degs. 2300 sq ft ranch. (Nebraska
weather)

what is your second stage? electric? NG? propane?