#2   Report Post  
TURTLE

Default Maytag HVAC / 10 year Warranty?

"scott willett" wrote in message . ..
I am looking at replacing my HVAC with a Maytag system 80 gas furnance
single stage variable speed and a 12 seer AC. The 10 year warranty is
enticing. Maytag is a well known name but seems to be a little new to
HVAC( correct me if I am wrong). I hope I have given enough details for
some experts to give me their opinion of MAYTAG.

This is Turtle.

First The name means nothing without a good installer. MayTag , Goodman , Amana , Intertherm ,
Delta Therm , Miller, Trane, American Standard, and a host of other have the same 10 year warrenty throwed in too. Then a host of
other have 5 years everything and 10 years compressor. The 10 year warrenty is a common thing now days.

Now the Amana and Goodman on 12 seer or up have life time warrenty on the compressor.

Now all this said about here. Warrenty is needed only if you don't get a good installer. If given a choice of getting a life time
warrenty on everything or get a good installer. i would take the good installer . I shotgun the units and do not recommend any but
just listed them.

Now here is what i think here. Look the first thing you should be looking at is the installer and next to the last thing would be
the brand. I would take , first a brand that was a pure piece of junk if i knew it was installed by a good installer before i took
the best brand know to man installed by a Hack. The installer is the key to a good running system. Warrentys are for people who
don't get a good installer or a bad installation. Hacks and bad installers brought on the long warrenty game as it is today.

TURTLE

---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.588 / Virus Database: 372 - Release Date: 2/13/2004