Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim... tim... is offline

Default 10 year warranty

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message

"ARW" wrote in message
Just looking for some electric heaters for a 2 bed house and saw Dimplex
did a 10 year warranty.

Here are the terms and conditions of the 10 year warranty

Open all
Competition Terms and Conditions
Opti-myst research competition Terms & Conditions
Feedback survey - win a £100 M&S voucher
Colour of the Month Social Media Competition - Win a £50 Next gift card!
Quantum Warranty
Terms and conditions for free extra 8 year Quantum off peak space heater
warranty offer.

Your product comes with a 2 year standard parts and labour guarantee.
An additional 3 year's parts and labour guarantee for the complete
appliance is given (on completion and acceptance of registration)
provided that:

a. Product purchased and installed in Great Britain.
b. You complete all registration details.

Completed registration form available at
www.dimplex.co.uk/quantum-10-year-warranty. Should your product fail
within this period, contact Dimplex. We guarantee within this 5 year
period (2 + 3 years) to repair your product. For registered products,
after the first 5 years has elapsed we automatically guarantee the
product (with exclusions) for a further 5 years.

Exclusions - what is not covered for the final 5 years of guarantee
period:

Heating elements, electronics, electromechanical devices and ancillary
electrical components including fan and air-mixing device.

Failure due to product used in an industrial application

Failure due to product not maintained in accordance with instructions

Failure due to damage to product, accidental or wilful, or caused by
faulty installation.

Paint discolouration

Call out charges where the faults are excluded from the guarantee

Only appointed or nominated engineers to carry out the repair.
Claims for repairs by others will not be paid.

If the product is replaced the guarantee period is not extended
beyond the original period of 2 + 8 years.

Does not affect your statutory rights.

Dimplex reserve the right to withdraw this extended warranty
offer at any time.

GDC Group Ltd (the holding company for the Dimplex brand) will use your
answers to develop products and services, marketing and research. We may
keep your information for a reasonable period for these purposes.
Personal information will only be shared with our business partners if
you have stated this on the online form (at
www.dimplex.co.uk/quantum-10-year-warranty). In all other instances GDC
Group Ltd will only share your personal information when required by law.
If you have any queries or comments, please contact GDC Group, Millbrook
House, Grange Drive, Hedge End, Southampton, Hampshire, SO30 2DF. GDC
Group is a subsidiary of Glen Dimplex Group.

So basically it's a 5 year warranty of am I missing something?

hate warranties

as they "do not affect your statutory rights" you don't have to make a claim
against them

tim