Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Belgium CH Boilers

A slightly frivolous question.

I happened to be tidying up the DVD collection and came across A Year in
Provence. A few of the 'one liners' ran through my mind and one which
has always perplexed me is that Belgium makes the best CH boilers.

I've never actually seen/heard of a Belgium boiler.

Are any imported into the UK? Is there any truth in this claim?

(I'm not planning to buy one.)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Reay wrote:
A slightly frivolous question.

I happened to be tidying up the DVD collection and came across A Year in
Provence. A few of the 'one liners' ran through my mind and one which
has always perplexed me is that Belgium makes the best CH boilers.

I've never actually seen/heard of a Belgium boiler.

Are any imported into the UK? Is there any truth in this claim?

(I'm not planning to buy one.)

Going back a bit to when the industrial revolution in Europe had matured
Belgium had some well known names
in industrial production of Locomotives,boilers and similar heavy
industrial equipment.
One of the well known names was Franco- Belge which as the name implies
was part French but due the turmoil of war and economics another company
was also set up and became Anglo- Belge due to UK investors.
The heavy side has gone over the years but a company bearing the name
Franco-Belge has been well known as a supplier of solid fuel stoves and
ranges some with boilers and claim the lineage of going back decades
though recently it appears they did cease trading for a while till the name
was bought again by a new owner.
A quick glance at the WWW shows they do oil and gas as fuelled equipment as
well but the UK suppliers
tend to just stick to the wood burner/multi fuel stove market though I have
seen a Franco-Belge Range in the past.

Another Belgium company name that has lingered on in some form is
Cockerill which was founded by an Englishman in the early 19th century,the
present operation still does boilers but AFAIK their output has always been
industrial sized not domestic.

GH

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/04/2019 18:08, Brian Reay wrote:
A slightly frivolous question.

I happened to be tidying up the DVD collection and came across A Year in
Provence. A few of the 'one liners' ran through my mind and one which
has always perplexed me is that Belgium makes the best CH boilers.

I've never actually seen/heard of a Belgium boiler.

Are any imported into the UK? Is there any truth in this claim?

(I'm notΒ* planning to buy one.)

Vaillant headquarters in Remsheid is about 50 km east of Maastricht, but
comfortably within Germany.

I read somewhere that in Germany, Junkers are considered to be one of
the best boilers. But curiously, they don't seem to market them
elsewhere in Europe.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 12 April 2019 21:59:21 UTC+1, newshound wrote:
On 12/04/2019 18:08, Brian Reay wrote:
A slightly frivolous question.

I happened to be tidying up the DVD collection and came across A Year in
Provence. A few of the 'one liners' ran through my mind and one which
has always perplexed me is that Belgium makes the best CH boilers.

I've never actually seen/heard of a Belgium boiler.

Are any imported into the UK? Is there any truth in this claim?

(I'm notΒ* planning to buy one.)

Vaillant headquarters in Remsheid is about 50 km east of Maastricht, but
comfortably within Germany.

I read somewhere that in Germany, Junkers are considered to be one of
the best boilers. But curiously, they don't seem to market them
elsewhere in Europe.

When I looked a few years ago, Junkers boilers could be bought from Germany at very good price.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"newshound" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 12/04/2019 18:08, Brian Reay wrote:
A slightly frivolous question.

I happened to be tidying up the DVD collection and came across A Year in
Provence. A few of the 'one liners' ran through my mind and one which has
always perplexed me is that Belgium makes the best CH boilers.

I've never actually seen/heard of a Belgium boiler.

Are any imported into the UK? Is there any truth in this claim?

(I'm not planning to buy one.)

Vaillant headquarters in Remsheid is about 50 km east of Maastricht, but
comfortably within Germany.

I read somewhere that in Germany, Junkers are considered to be one of the
best boilers. But curiously, they don't seem to market them elsewhere in
Europe.

Presumably they use a different brand for the boilers
they flog outside germany due to its war connotation.

Mitsubishi doesnt bother with such nicetys.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

newshound wrote:
On 12/04/2019 18:08, Brian Reay wrote:
A slightly frivolous question.

I happened to be tidying up the DVD collection and came across A Year in
Provence. A few of the 'one liners' ran through my mind and one which
has always perplexed me is that Belgium makes the best CH boilers.

I've never actually seen/heard of a Belgium boiler.

Are any imported into the UK? Is there any truth in this claim?

(I'm notΒ* planning to buy one.)

Vaillant headquarters in Remsheid is about 50 km east of Maastricht, but
comfortably within Germany.

I read somewhere that in Germany, Junkers are considered to be one of
the best boilers. But curiously, they don't seem to market them
elsewhere in Europe.

Id not realised Vaillant was/is German. Having said that, I cant say Ive
heard much of them recently.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
newshound wrote:
On 12/04/2019 18:08, Brian Reay wrote:
A slightly frivolous question.

I happened to be tidying up the DVD collection and came across A Year
in Provence. A few of the 'one liners' ran through my mind and one
which has always perplexed me is that Belgium makes the best CH
boilers.

I've never actually seen/heard of a Belgium boiler.

Are any imported into the UK? Is there any truth in this claim?

(I'm not planning to buy one.)

Vaillant headquarters in Remsheid is about 50 km east of Maastricht, but
comfortably within Germany.

I read somewhere that in Germany, Junkers are considered to be one of
the best boilers. But curiously, they don't seem to market them
elsewhere in Europe.

maybe too many people associate the name with nasty aircraft, like Ju87 &
88.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Psychopathic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Sat, 13 Apr 2019 12:22:03 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

I read somewhere that in Germany, Junkers are considered to be one of the
best boilers. But curiously, they don't seem to market them elsewhere in
Europe.

Presumably

IOW, you haven't the foggiest, but you keep running off at the mouth anyway,
senile asshole!

--
Sqwertz to Rot Speed:
asshole.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/04/2019 18:08, Brian Reay wrote:
A slightly frivolous question.

I happened to be tidying up the DVD collection and came across A Year in
Provence. A few of the 'one liners' ran through my mind and one which
has always perplexed me is that Belgium makes the best CH boilers.

I've never actually seen/heard of a Belgium boiler.

Are any imported into the UK? Is there any truth in this claim?

(I'm not planning to buy one.)

Probably on a par with asking people to name a famous Belgian - and the
only one they can think of is Poirot!
--
Cheers,
Roger
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/04/2019 13:51, Roger Mills wrote:
On 12/04/2019 18:08, Brian Reay wrote:
A slightly frivolous question.

I happened to be tidying up the DVD collection and came across A Year in
Provence. A few of the 'one liners' ran through my mind and one which
has always perplexed me is that Belgium makes the best CH boilers.

I've never actually seen/heard of a Belgium boiler.

Are any imported into the UK? Is there any truth in this claim?

(I'm not planning to buy one.)

Probably on a par with asking people to name a famous Belgian - and the
only one they can think of is Poirot!

Georges Simenon (yes, he was Belgian- he wrote about a French detective,
lived in France (and other places),..... but he was born in Belgium and
remained a citizen.)

--

Smile for the camera ;-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxyL2_38EsQ

https://www.gov.uk/report-benefit-fraud

https://www.jobcentreguide.org/claim...-benefit-fraud

https://childsworldamerica.org/anima...o-child-abuse/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 13 Apr 2019 13:51:55 +0100, Roger Mills wrote:

On 12/04/2019 18:08, Brian Reay wrote:
A slightly frivolous question.

I happened to be tidying up the DVD collection and came across A Year
in Provence. A few of the 'one liners' ran through my mind and one
which has always perplexed me is that Belgium makes the best CH
boilers.

I've never actually seen/heard of a Belgium boiler.

Are any imported into the UK? Is there any truth in this claim?

(I'm not planning to buy one.)

Probably on a par with asking people to name a famous Belgian - and the
only one they can think of is Poirot!

My favourite is Guy Verhofstadt. Although that will probably make TNP
foam again.

And of course Jacques Brel and Adolphe Sax.

wish to copy them they can pay me Β£1 a message.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Roger Mills wrote:
On 12/04/2019 18:08, Brian Reay wrote:
A slightly frivolous question.

I happened to be tidying up the DVD collection and came across A Year in
Provence. A few of the 'one liners' ran through my mind and one which
has always perplexed me is that Belgium makes the best CH boilers.

I've never actually seen/heard of a Belgium boiler.

Are any imported into the UK? Is there any truth in this claim?

(I'm not planning to buy one.)

Probably on a par with asking people to name a famous Belgian - and the
only one they can think of is Poirot!

One that a lot of people know of but dont realise she was born in Belgium
was the actress Audrey Hepburn.

GH

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/04/2019 21:14, Marland wrote:
Roger Mills wrote:
On 12/04/2019 18:08, Brian Reay wrote:
A slightly frivolous question.

I happened to be tidying up the DVD collection and came across A Year in
Provence. A few of the 'one liners' ran through my mind and one which
has always perplexed me is that Belgium makes the best CH boilers.

I've never actually seen/heard of a Belgium boiler.

Are any imported into the UK? Is there any truth in this claim?

(I'm not planning to buy one.)

Probably on a par with asking people to name a famous Belgian - and the
only one they can think of is Poirot!

One that a lot of people know of but dont realise she was born in Belgium
was the actress Audrey Hepburn.

GH

Didn't know that. Here's Wikipedia's Inventors and Engineers, no less
than three cryptographers.

Leo Hendrik Baekeland €“ inventor of bakelite
Alfred Belpaire €“ steam locomotive engineer
Robert Cailliau €“ information and control engineer
Joan Daemen €“ cryptographer (Advanced Encryption Standard (AES), Rijndael)
ZΓ©nobe Gramme €“ electrical engineer
John Joseph Merlin €“ inventor associated with Cox's timepiece; also
invented inline skates in 1759
Bart Preneel €“ cryptographer
Vincent Rijmen €“ cryptographer (Advanced Encryption Standard (AES),
Rijndael)
Adolphe Sax €“ inventor of the saxophone
Arthur Vierendeel €“ engineer and inventor of the Vierendeel truss
Egide Walschaerts €“ steam locomotive engineer and inventor of the
Walschaerts valve gear
AndrΓ© Waterkeyn €“ engineer, best known for creating the Atomium

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Marland" wrote in message
Roger Mills wrote:
On 12/04/2019 18:08, Brian Reay wrote:
A slightly frivolous question.

I happened to be tidying up the DVD collection and came across A Year in
Provence. A few of the 'one liners' ran through my mind and one which
has always perplexed me is that Belgium makes the best CH boilers.

I've never actually seen/heard of a Belgium boiler.

Are any imported into the UK? Is there any truth in this claim?

(I'm not planning to buy one.)

Probably on a par with asking people to name a famous Belgian - and the
only one they can think of is Poirot!

One that a lot of people know of but dont realise she was born in Belgium
was the actress Audrey Hepburn.

Doesnt make her a Belgian tho.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 14 Apr 2019 07:28:09 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

Probably on a par with asking people to name a famous Belgian - and the
only one they can think of is Poirot!

One that a lot of people know of but don’t realise she was born in Belgium
was the actress Audrey Hepburn.

Doesn’t make her a Belgian tho.

In auto-contradicting mode again, senile asshole?

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing senile Rot:
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Roger Mills wrote:
[...]

My first though was Eddy Merckx. Even though I can't spell it...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddy_Merckx

I didn't know he was a Baron though. But I should have thought of Rijndael.

Andy