Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 2 pin shuttered electrical socket belgium

I am trying to put back a 2 pin plug into a European socket (Belgium). The live and neutral seem to be shuttered and the earth is a round pin that comes out of the socket. I have applied some force to the plug but I can't get the 2 pin plug to go back in to the socket. Is there a knack?

Ta

Clive
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article 0723e0ef-4f6b-4131-9be0-6d97107666b6
@googlegroups.com, says...

I am trying to put back a 2 pin plug into a European socket (Belgium). The live and neutral seem to be shuttered and the earth is a round pin that comes out of the socket. I have applied some force to the plug but I can't get the 2 pin plug to go back in to the socket. Is there a knack?

Ta

Clive

Is this a Europlug or the traditional French CEE 7/6 2-pin
plug?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/86pa1uqige69ci2/CEE%207-6%
20plug.png?dl=0

or https://tinyurl.com/Euro-CEE-7-6

Black Europlug on the left will fit - just apply pressure so
that pins open the socket shutters.

Traditional white French CEE 7/6 2-pin plug on the right will
NOT fit French earthed sockets with the protruding earth pin
because there is no way for the pin to enter the plug: thus
the plug cannot enter the socket.

--

Terry

---
https://www.avg.com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I suspect your plug has 4.8mm diameter pins and your socket has 4.0mm
diameter holes. It seems a bit of a mess - I have two very similar
'euro adaptors' in my drawer with different diameter pins. I don't
know why.

Cheers

One is a UK Shaver adaptor?