Posted to uk.d-i-y
Terry Casey Terry Casey is offline

Default 2 pin shuttered electrical socket belgium

In article ,
says...

I suspect your plug has 4.8mm diameter pins and your socket has 4.0mm
diameter holes. It seems a bit of a mess - I have two very similar
'euro adaptors' in my drawer with different diameter pins. I don't know
why.

Any standard 16A european socket should accomodate 4.8mm
diameter pins.

Only the special slim-line 2-pin socket designed solely to
accept the 2.5A Europlug will have smaller holes.

If you have connectors with different pins, note the spacing
should alter so the the extreme outside edge spacing of both
pins is the same.

If you look at the thin pin adaptors you have, you will almost
certainly find that those with thinner pins are rated at 6A
max whilst those with 4.8mm pins will be rated at 10A (but
could be 13A, if designed with decent contacts).

--

Terry

---
https://www.avg.com