Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bloody spiders

I'm painting my stair well and hall walls and ceilings.

A few days ago I washed down all surfaces and removed all the spider's
webs, many of which were visible because they contained dust.

Painting today and the spiders have re-occupied the corners and have
reconstructed their webs. It's a PITA when paint gets on the webs and to
remove the resultant mess requires the use of fingers and wiping the wet
paint on my T shirt!

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 08/05/2018 20:19, alan_m wrote:

I'm painting my stair well and hall walls and ceilings.

A few days ago I washed down all surfaces and removed all the spider's
webs, many of which were visible because they contained dust.

Painting today and the spiders have re-occupied the corners and have
reconstructed their webs. It's a PITA when paint gets on the webs and to
remove the resultant mess requires the use of fingers and wiping the wet
paint on my T shirt!

TBH about 30 seconds ago I was reading this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/science...jump-on-demand

That would look cool on a CV (tarantula trainer). And how did they train
it? Jab it in the knackers with a stick and shout jump?

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 08 May 2018 20:19:15 +0100, alan_m wrote:

Painting today and the spiders have re-occupied the corners and have
reconstructed their webs. It's a PITA when paint gets on the webs and to
remove the resultant mess requires the use of fingers and wiping the wet
paint on my T shirt!

There seems to be a plague of the things and their webs, which get dirty
and eventually hang down in long streamers are unsightly and unsanitary.
I've had to declare total war against the ****ers; it's the only way. If
I do nothing now I'll be totally overrun with the ****s come autumn.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/05/18 00:32, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Tue, 08 May 2018 20:19:15 +0100, alan_m wrote:

Painting today and the spiders have re-occupied the corners and have
reconstructed their webs. It's a PITA when paint gets on the webs and to
remove the resultant mess requires the use of fingers and wiping the wet
paint on my T shirt!

There seems to be a plague of the things and their webs, which get dirty
and eventually hang down in long streamers are unsightly and unsanitary.
I've had to declare total war against the ****ers; it's the only way. If
I do nothing now I'll be totally overrun with the ****s come autumn.

Killem all.
Then post a few months later asking how to get rid of the moth infestation.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Hmm, ocf course the spider might have the view that she trained the bloke to
only ask it to jump when it wanted them to do it.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"ARW" wrote in message
On 08/05/2018 20:19, alan_m wrote:

I'm painting my stair well and hall walls and ceilings.

A few days ago I washed down all surfaces and removed all the spider's
webs, many of which were visible because they contained dust.

Painting today and the spiders have re-occupied the corners and have
reconstructed their webs. It's a PITA when paint gets on the webs and to
remove the resultant mess requires the use of fingers and wiping the wet
paint on my T shirt!

TBH about 30 seconds ago I was reading this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/science...jump-on-demand

That would look cool on a CV (tarantula trainer). And how did they train
it? Jab it in the knackers with a stick and shout jump?

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/05/2018 06:07, Richard wrote:

Killem all.
Then post a few months later asking how to get rid of the moth infestation.

I don't mind spiders, except when I'm on the upper rungs of a ladder
with a paint pot in one hand and a brush in the other.

A have a large resident spider that can be seen on many evenings
appearing from a small hole at the bottom of the skirting board in my
living room. It then runs across the carpet and does a circular tour of
the room before going back to the hole.

I wouldn't mind a lot more webs outside in my garden. For the past week
or so there have been "clouds" of greenfly looking for my young crops to
settle on and feed.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 9 May 2018 07:32:22 +0100, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

The thing is though everyone complains about flies wasps etc, yet without
the spiders there would be more of the pests. Spiders are good for you.

+1

--
insert witty sig here

Spiders and Decking SantaUK UK diy 28 April 1st 09 04:21 PM
Spiders warbler Woodworking 31 October 21st 05 05:34 AM
spiders in house grodenhiATgmailDOTcom Home Repair 11 September 25th 05 02:40 PM
Explosion of Spiders this Year in CT Mark & Mary Ann Weiss Home Repair 8 August 15th 05 08:46 AM
are spiders bad for my house? [email protected] Home Repair 11 May 12th 05 05:59 AM