Default are spiders bad for my house?

Ignoring the fact that they may bite me, will they cause damage to the
home like termites do?

No, they haven't invaded my home. I just seem them every now and
then especially now in spring, and I wonder if they will cause any
damage to the wood frames if I don't kill them soon enough? I spray
those 'home defense' things around my house but it just doesn't get
rid of it completely.

What do you guys do for spider problems?

Oscar_Lives

wrote in message
On Tue, 10 May 2005 01:45:02 GMT, "toller" wrote:

I have black widows all over the place and love them.

They get pretty horny sometimes!

borgunit

Generally, they do no harm except for scaring the daylights out of my
wife once in a while. FYI, we flea bombed once in another house we
owned and we noticed that every bug (even spiders) disappeared for
about 3 months after that. Be careful with poisons though, you live
there too you know.

xrongor

wrote in message

Ignoring the fact that they may bite me, will they cause damage to the
home like termites do?

No, they haven't invaded my home. I just seem them every now and
then especially now in spring, and I wonder if they will cause any
damage to the wood frames if I don't kill them soon enough? I spray
those 'home defense' things around my house but it just doesn't get
rid of it completely.

What do you guys do for spider problems?

call doc octopus and the green goblin?

randy

Blue

I think spiders are to be observed and identified but generally ignored
otherwise. A rechargeable hand vac is OK for cosmetics. Spraying is just a
waste of time as the spray has to be on the spiders legs to be effective and
if you have it in your sights you might as well suck it up with a vac.
Loxosceles Reclusa/brown recluse/fiddleback/violin spider is just awesome
though. If I thought they were threatening me or my family I would think in
terms of geography.

wrote in message
On Tue, 10 May 2005 19:58:01 -0700, "Blue" wrote:

wrote in message

The other day I shook a brown recluse out of a pair a pants I was about
to put
on. It was the first one I have ever seen and I hope it's the last.

Brown Recluse spiders are *real* bad. I'd prefer multiple black widow
bites
to a Brown Recluse bite. I think that if I had your experience I'd
seriously consider moving out of the house.

Do you live in a part of the country where they are common?

Very common I'm told, but seldom seen. They are called reclusive for a
reason.
This was the first one I ever saw, but I was pretty sure what it was. I
bottled
it and took it to a local college where it was positively IDed.
I've seen pictures of the flesh damage a Brown Recluse bite can cause and
it's
nasty.

Speedfit technique Arthur UK diy 615 November 23rd 04 11:50 PM
A challenge for old house lovers Mike Mitchell UK diy 322 September 30th 04 12:29 AM
Contacting contractor to buy our house? (Long) Cina Home Ownership 4 March 4th 04 04:31 AM
House Moisture JAG Home Repair 6 August 29th 03 06:53 PM
another 'house not selling' lament RPC Home Ownership 13 July 29th 03 11:51 PM