p-nut

Ignoring the fact that they may bite me, will they cause damage to the
home like termites do?

No, they haven't invaded my home. I just seem them every now and
then especially now in spring, and I wonder if they will cause any
damage to the wood frames if I don't kill them soon enough? I spray
those 'home defense' things around my house but it just doesn't get
rid of it completely.

What do you guys do for spider problems?

Call an exterminator and have them spray the house or go to your local lowes
or ace and get the stuff to do it yourself.
I have my house sprayed every two yrs by a pro and never have any
bugs/spiders.

My wife flips out when she see's one.