Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Another tip of the day.

On 08/05/2018 19:38, GB wrote:
On 08/05/2018 19:13, Tim Watts wrote:

possibly leading to a one sided discussion of what "LGBTTQQIAAP" means

Have you noticed that there are no numbers in that? Numbers are being
discriminated against.

I like numbers. I'm being discriminated against. YOU ARE HATEFUL!

What number would you like to be called?

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/05/2018 19:50, ARW wrote:
On 08/05/2018 21:56, Marland wrote:
GB
There was a reality show about sexuality on Channel 4 last night. Some
bird saying she identified as both male and female, and she didn't know
which toilet to use. This was in a pub, so obviously she wanted the
female toilet. Men's toilets are always gross in a pub.Â* I'd use the
female toilet in a pub, if I thought I could get away with it.

What makes you think that drunken woman leave a toilet any cleaner than
drunken men,often they are dirtier.
Bad aim at a urinal may make the surround a mess but generally the urinal
can still be used by those following,
The pans in a womans get blocked with paper ,sanitary products and
underwear and then that gets shatt on.
The pan now is now blocked so the next visitor pulls the flush and the
pan
overflows.

And which poor sod gets called out at 8am to swap the fuse in the saniflow?

Do you flush the blown one down the saniflow to give the
plumber some extra lucrative work :-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 09/05/2018 11:15, T i m wrote:
On Tue, 8 May 2018 19:42:20 +0100, Steve Walker
wrote:

On 08/05/2018 19:05, ARW wrote:
Double check the sex of the person at work before you call them "fella".

Yes. There was a mechanical engineer at one place I worked and I wasn't
certain whether he/she was male or female. I thought that I'd be fine
once I knew their name - until someone introduced them as Lesley/Leslie!

Our daughter has spent much of her working life (so far) in a
traditionally male dominated role and is also often wearing PPE,
including helmet / visor etc. This could partly be down to the fact we
brought her up to be a person, not a male or female particularly (she
was just as happy ballroom dancing as helping me in the workshop or on
a car / bike etc).

She has been referred to as 'mate' (assuming she's a he) and many
other male orientated names whilst working and just thinks it's
perfectly reasonable / acceptable (given the above).

She's even had it when not wearing the PPE but when wearing the
uniform and working alongside 'fellas', especially when she's wearing
her hair short (or even when long but in a pony tail as many fellas
have the same).

In fact I think she would more likely to be offended if someone was to
call her 'darlin', especially in a way that could be considered
patronising as that would be knowingly reacting to her as a female.

My first girlfriend (a slim, long haired motorcyclist) had her bike
break down in the winter and (long - short) had another 'biker' stop
and pi$$ over her carbs to get her going. As she kept her helmet on
... he left with the 'now you know what to do next time' ... ;-)

I wonder if such a good Samaritan would be done for exposure or some
other offence (urinating in a public place (lay-by)) 'these days'? ;-(

Driving back from Warrington the other day and I pulled over on the A628
just before you enter the Barnsley border so my work mate could have a
**** in the lay-by. A female motorist pulled up just after he finished
and asked if she could have a **** behind my van as it gave better
coverage from passing traffic than her Mini. We had to stand at the edge
of the lay-by and talk about the weather whilst she had a ****:-)

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/05/18 13:10, whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, 9 May 2018 12:58:13 UTC+1, Robin wrote:
On 09/05/2018 11:49, Andrew wrote:
On 08/05/2018 19:05, ARW wrote:
Double check the sex of the person at work before you call them "fella".

'Up-skirt' ?

up-kilt .

But I'm not sure the issue is sex rather than gender, and you can't tell
a person's gender by looking - nor by touching!

That is something I find difficult to understand, as Gender is normaly the physical trait and identifed by the organs. It's then that I get someone saying that gender is a state of mind, then I ask them how can someone have gender reasignment if they don't know what gender they are.

Life is too short for this crap.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 9 May 2018 20:22:25 +0100, ARW
wrote:

snip

Driving back from Warrington the other day and I pulled over on the A628
just before you enter the Barnsley border so my work mate could have a
**** in the lay-by. A female motorist pulled up just after he finished
and asked if she could have a **** behind my van as it gave better
coverage from passing traffic than her Mini.

Oooerr!

We had to stand at the edge
of the lay-by and talk about the weather whilst she had a ****:-)

And why not. I'm guessing that 'most people' have to take a leak,
'most people' will get caught out at some time or another and most
people have been with other people, including the opposite gender
whilst they have taken a leak at some time in their lives?

So, as long as they are doing so subtly because they are 'in need' and
not off a bridge onto pedestrians for fun, I really can't see the
issue (as long as it's not up against someone's house or where the
rain won't wash it away or were people are regularly walking etc).

I got caught short on the way home on the train one night (someone's
leaving do) and the pain in my kidneys got so bad I felt I was going
to pass out. I couldn't take it any longer so I staggered off the
train and asked the driver if the train had a toilet and he said it
didn't. ;-(

However, once he learned it was just for a leak he shut all the train
doors and told me to nip down the ramp at the end of the platform and
'be quick' (not that you can make such things 'quick' as such).

He then let me into the cab and off we when with me sitting on a
little fold down seat while my kidneys recovered. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
ARW writes:
Double check the sex of the person at work before you call them "fella".

Was on the Northern Line a year or so back, tail end of the rush hour
but not completely packed. A 3 year old boy was sitting on a seat with
his mum. Suddenly he said, loudly enough that all the people around
heard, "Is that a man or a woman?" pointing to the passenger sitting
opposite. I think mum wanted the earth to open up and swallow her at
that moment. Of course I couldn't help glancing at the person in
question, and I didn't have a clue either.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

I thought it was ******** or the lack of them.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 08/05/2018 19:05, ARW wrote:
[...]

It makes me wonder how people would react if someone that I know that's just got a prospetic penis for just over £400 from italy that allows him to now use the urinals in public toilets just like other men.
Apparently it has a pull back skin, and you get the one you ordered plus a free smaller version.

And I'm not asking him any Qs he's told me more than I was expecting or wanted to know.

Just mentioned it over morning coffee?

No in the evening over tea, black 1/4 spoon of sugar with lemon in a mug brought from the London dungeons about 20 years ago, if you think it's important.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/05/2018 19:05, ARW wrote:
Double check the sex of the person at work before you call them "fella".

'Up-skirt' ?

up-kilt .

But I'm not sure the issue is sex rather than gender, and you can't tell
a person's gender by looking - nor by touching!

That is something I find difficult to understand, as Gender is normaly the physical trait and identifed by the organs. It's then that I get someone saying that gender is a state of mind, then I ask them how can someone have gender reasignment if they don't know what gender they are.

Life is too short for this crap.

My lifes long enough to think about such things.
afterall I don;t have to worry about football whos' going up, down,
and who's joining which team. So on hereong some peolkes conversations that give sme about 2-3 hours extar per day.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote:

someone that I know that's just got a prospetic penis for just over
£400 from italy that allows him to now use the urinals in public
toilets just like other men. Apparently it has a pull back skin, and
you get the one you ordered plus a free smaller version.

The latter presumably for use on cold mornings :-O
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 9 May 2018 21:42:36 UTC+1, Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
ARW writes:
Double check the sex of the person at work before you call them "fella".

Was on the Northern Line a year or so back, tail end of the rush hour
but not completely packed. A 3 year old boy was sitting on a seat with
his mum. Suddenly he said, loudly enough that all the people around
heard, "Is that a man or a woman?" pointing to the passenger sitting
opposite. I think mum wanted the earth to open up and swallow her at
that moment. Of course I couldn't help glancing at the person in
question, and I didn't have a clue either.

Does it matter ?, you could have asked the child or why he was asking.
Here the only reason it matters is that if a women and you work in admin you'd be allowed to go home early and work from home.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/05/2018 19:05, ARW wrote:
Double check the sex of the person at work before you call them
"fella".

'Up-skirt' ?

up-kilt .

But I'm not sure the issue is sex rather than gender, and you can't tell
a person's gender by looking - nor by touching!

That is something I find difficult to understand, as Gender is normaly
the physical trait and identifed by the organs. It's then that I get
someone saying that gender is a state of mind, then I ask them how can
someone have gender reasignment if they don't know what gender they are.

Life is too short for this crap.

I thought it was ******** or the lack of them.

But when animals farm or pets have their ******** removed the animals don't turn into the female variaty of the species.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/05/2018 19:05, ARW wrote:
Double check the sex of the person at work before you call them
"fella".

'Up-skirt' ?

up-kilt .

But I'm not sure the issue is sex rather than gender, and you can't tell
a person's gender by looking - nor by touching!

That is something I find difficult to understand, as Gender is normaly
the physical trait and identifed by the organs. It's then that I get
someone saying that gender is a state of mind, then I ask them how can
someone have gender reasignment if they don't know what gender they are.

Life is too short for this crap.

I thought it was ******** or the lack of them.

But when animals farm or pets have their ******** removed the animals don't turn into the female variaty of the species.

Thats an udder matter altogether

let them."

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 09/05/2018 20:06, ARW wrote:
On 08/05/2018 19:38, GB wrote:
On 08/05/2018 19:13, Tim Watts wrote:

possibly leading to a one sided discussion of what "LGBTTQQIAAP" means

Have you noticed that there are no numbers in that? Numbers are being
discriminated against.

I like numbers. I'm being discriminated against. YOU ARE HATEFUL!

What number would you like to be called?

Any of the positive integers, known as the natural numbers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/05/2018 19:05, ARW wrote:
Double check the sex of the person at work before you call them
"fella".

'Up-skirt' ?

up-kilt .

But I'm not sure the issue is sex rather than gender, and you can't
tell
a person's gender by looking - nor by touching!

That is something I find difficult to understand, as Gender is
normaly the physical trait and identifed by the organs. It's then
that I get someone saying that gender is a state of mind, then I ask
them how can someone have gender reasignment if they don't know what
gender they are.

Life is too short for this crap.

I thought it was ******** or the lack of them.

Or the unwanted possession of them ? :-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW writes:
Double check the sex of the person at work before you call them "fella".

Was on the Northern Line a year or so back, tail end of the rush hour
but not completely packed. A 3 year old boy was sitting on a seat with
his mum. Suddenly he said, loudly enough that all the people around
heard, "Is that a man or a woman?" pointing to the passenger sitting
opposite. I think mum wanted the earth to open up and swallow her at
that moment. Of course I couldn't help glancing at the person in
question, and I didn't have a clue either.

Does it matter ?, you could have asked the child or why he was asking.
Here the only reason it matters is that if a women and you work in admin you'd be allowed to go home early and work from home.

The Telecoms company I used to work for had a very professional
attitude towards working from home and many of the software
developers did just that for a couple of days, or more per week.

Three more, living up in the Wirral area or MK only came into the
London office every couple of months or so.

There was even an Australian guy who worked from home down under.
During the day the London-based developers would create or update
modules that were built overnight into ACMS servers, .EXEs and
installation packages and he would test them during his day time
and report back any bugs for the immediate attention of the London
staff next (UK) day.

Worked fine until we were outsourced to a well-known French outsourcer
whose own 'managers' could not handle the situation whereby they did
not look out over a sea of occupied desks with people 'slaving' away.

It's a power and position thing.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/05/2018 19:05, ARW wrote:
Double check the sex of the person at work before you call them
"fella".

'Up-skirt' ?

up-kilt .

But I'm not sure the issue is sex rather than gender, and you can't tell
a person's gender by looking - nor by touching!

That is something I find difficult to understand, as Gender is normaly
the physical trait and identifed by the organs. It's then that I get
someone saying that gender is a state of mind, then I ask them how can
someone have gender reasignment if they don't know what gender they are.

Life is too short for this crap.

I thought it was ******** or the lack of them.

But when animals farm or pets have their ******** removed the animals
don't turn into the female variaty of the species.

Neither does doing the same to a human male turn them into a fully
functional female despite what the surgeons can do. They may look like one
,say they are one but unless they can bear children naturally and give
birth they aint one despite what the minority freak rights lobby groups
shout about it.

GH

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/05/2018 19:05, ARW wrote:
Double check the sex of the person at work before you call them
"fella".

'Up-skirt' ?

up-kilt .

But I'm not sure the issue is sex rather than gender, and you can't
tell
a person's gender by looking - nor by touching!

That is something I find difficult to understand, as Gender is
normaly the physical trait and identifed by the organs. It's then
that I get someone saying that gender is a state of mind, then I ask
them how can someone have gender reasignment if they don't know what
gender they are.

Life is too short for this crap.

I thought it was ******** or the lack of them.

That worked when I was at school and the French teacher told us "Words
have gender, people have sex."[1] But I fear society has made it a tad
more difficult to negotiate safely the modern workplace - or at least,
the modern workplace where there are witnesses, CCTV, Smartphones
recording,...

[1] He had a way of making things simple and memorable. But also had
a bit of an advantage over some others in holding young boys' attention:
British and French medals from service in France with SOE.

--
Robin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/05/2018 19:05, ARW wrote:
[...]

If done early enough they may develop a beautiful singing voice.

--
Max Demian

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, 9 May 2018 07:26:54 UTC+1, Brian Gaff wrote:
Guv' or mate or similar tend to annoy me.
Brian

Me to and one person in particualr annoyed me by constantly refering to
me as mate, "he' was a transgendered (FTM) american male stripper who
seemed to think all London men refered to each other as mate !

Find it rather funny when the police - either real or on TV shows - refer
to a prisoner or suspect as mate.

--
*I'm not as think as you drunk I am.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Marland wrote:
But when animals farm or pets have their ******** removed the animals
don't turn into the female variaty of the species.

Neither does doing the same to a human male turn them into a fully
functional female despite what the surgeons can do. They may look like
one ,say they are one but unless they can bear children naturally and
give birth they ain‘t one despite what the minority freak rights lobby
groups shout about it.

That's going to make a barren male or female feel even better about
themselves.

--
*If you can read this, thank a teecher

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/05/2018 19:05, ARW wrote:
[...]

That's why I didn't use the terms fuctional.
Don't forget this is purely visual/prospetic, most transgrenders don't think that a change occurs it's mostly about how others percieve them and hence they see themselves.
That's why it can be important which toilet door yuo walk through as that is what others will normally see as your gender.

despite what the surgeons can do. They may look like one
,say they are one but unless they can bear children naturally.

which even some women can't do, so is that what defines a person as a male a person that can not give birth ?

and give
birth they aint one despite what the minority freak rights lobby groups
shout about it.

GH

So a women that has had cancer of the womb and has been removed is now a man ? How does that work.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/05/2018 19:05, ARW wrote:
[...]

Do you mean like susan boyle or Katie price ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Marland wrote:
But when animals farm or pets have their ******** removed the animals
don't turn into the female variaty of the species.

Neither does doing the same to a human male turn them into a fully
functional female despite what the surgeons can do. They may look like
one ,say they are one but unless they can bear children naturally and
give birth they ain‘t one despite what the minority freak rights lobby
groups shout about it.

That's going to make a barren male or female feel even better about
themselves.

I expect most people who have a disability or condition feel a bit down
about it in some way at times,heck we are all probably lacking in some
ability or other compared to others, People with weight conditions they
cannot control, people who are so ugly they cant get laid.
Some conditions can be fixed and others cannot.
Your barren male and female examples born that way may be treatable but
removing functioning testicles or breasts with the accompanying chemical
treatments to become on outward appearance the opposite sex to what people
are born as doesnt take them the whole way to be a complete functioning
example of the opposite sex any more than giving someone born without legs
some prosthetic ones suddenly makes them have normal body.
GH

Posted to uk.d-i-y

despite what the surgeons can do. They may look like one
,say they are one but unless they can bear children naturally.

which even some women can't do, so is that what defines a person as a
male a person that can not give birth ?

Though it is an unconventional way of describing it a female who should be
of fertile age who cannot bear children has a disability, disability being
something nature intended not being possible where the majority of females
can . It does not make them male, A male is a person who has the body parts
to produce sperm and impregnate a female, if that mechanism is broken then
you have a male with a disability, not a female.

Those who have their body parts altered so outwardly they look like they
have moved from male to female and vice versa are not going the whole way,
they cannot until medically the change is so complete that someone who has
decided to class themselves as a woman can carry a child in a womb
fertilised from their eggs and the other way around father a child through
intercourse with a female.

and give
birth they aint one despite what the minority freak rights lobby groups
shout about it.

GH

So a women that has had cancer of the womb and has been removed is now a
man ? How does that work.

She has become a woman whose ability if at the right age to carry children
has ceased, the mechanism has been disabled so she has a disability.If
older the latter may not matter. it does not turn into them into a male.
And neither does altering the body parts to resemble a mans , they are not
Males even if they, many other people and possibly legislation says they
are.
You could legislate that oranges should henceforth be called bananas but it
wont actually alter their properties to change them.
GH
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/05/2018 19:05, ARW wrote:
Double check the sex of the person at work before you call them "fella".

'Up-skirt' ?

No skirts in this place (apart from the admin staff).

Could be dangerous on ladders, when all the fellas rush over at
once to steady the bottom of the ladder each time she climbs up.

And then you run into instructions like:
"Remove skirt before attempting to remove batten holder cover"

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Andrew writes:
[...]

I've been work at home for most of the last 18 years.
One of those was a financial institution where I joined as
a manager and introduced working from home in my team as a
first in the company. It enabled me to retain a good member
of staff who was going to leave because he needed to move
near to family, and enabled me to employ a recently new mum
to work significantly at home and strange hours that gave
the team more cover out of normal hours, and fitted around
managing the baby. You also get much more flexibility from
your staff when you are flexible with them. When selecting
staff and if you are looking for the best, if you can't
handle staff working remotely, you ruled out over 99% of
possible applicants who aren't within daily reach of your
office, including over 99% of the best staff.

I wouldn't have people in my team who I didn't trust, so I
had no desire to sit and stare at them working. However,
this is often an issue the other way around too with staff
who haven't worked fron home before feeling they must make
themselves noticed, and it can take time to settle in to
the scheme. It's also really important that the regular
team banter continues amongst remote workers to keep them
feeling part of the team, and I did have to go and have a
word with HR to say, yes, I did expect my team to be talking
about their holidays in firm emails, just like they would if
they were all sitting together at their desks, and HR were
fine with that once I'd explained.

Finally, don't force it on people - it doesn't suite
everyone, and some people want a clean break between work
and home, and that's fine too.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, 9 May 2018 07:26:54 UTC+1, Brian Gaff wrote:
Guv' or mate or similar tend to annoy me.
Brian

Me to and one person in particualr annoyed me by constantly refering to
me as mate, "he' was a transgendered (FTM) american male stripper who
seemed to think all London men refered to each other as mate !

Find it rather funny when the police - either real or on TV shows - refer
to a prisoner or suspect as mate.

The 'good cop' says that to soften them up.

--
Max Demian
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/05/2018 19:05, ARW wrote:
[...]

Trouble with that line is that those who have always
been women but who can't have brats for whatever
reason, stop being women. That's just silly.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote:

But when animals farm or pets have their ******** removed the animals
don't turn into the female variaty of the species.

Neither does doing the same to a human male turn them into a fully
functional female despite what the surgeons can do. They may look like one
,say they are one but unless they can bear children naturally and give
birth they aint one despite what the minority freak rights lobby groups
shout about it.

If done early enough they may develop a beautiful singing voice.

Do you mean like susan boyle or Katie price ?

They've never had ******** to remove.

It was the Catholic Church to, as a result of the prohibition on women
singing in church, discovered the delightful sounds produced by men who
had been (accidentally) castrated as boys. A discovery later exploited
in opera.

--
Max Demian
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/05/2018 17:05, Marland wrote:

You could legislate that oranges should henceforth be called bananas but it
wont actually alter their properties to change them.

The EU legislated to class carrots as fruit so Portuguese could make jam
out of them.

--
Max Demian
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

ARW writes:
Double check the sex of the person at work before you call them "fella".

Was on the Northern Line a year or so back, tail end of the rush hour
but not completely packed. A 3 year old boy was sitting on a seat with
his mum. Suddenly he said, loudly enough that all the people around
heard, "Is that a man or a woman?" pointing to the passenger sitting
opposite. I think mum wanted the earth to open up and swallow her at
that moment. Of course I couldn't help glancing at the person in
question, and I didn't have a clue either.

Does it matter ?, you could have asked the child or why he was asking.

I would have thought it was obvious why the child was asking?

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote:

But when animals farm or pets have their ******** removed the
animals don't turn into the female variaty of the species.

Neither does doing the same to a human male turn them into a fully
functional female despite what the surgeons can do. They may look
like one ,say they are one but unless they can bear children
naturally and give birth they aint one despite what the minority
freak rights lobby groups shout about it.

If done early enough they may develop a beautiful singing voice.

Do you mean like susan boyle or Katie price ?

They've never had ******** to remove.

It was the Catholic Church to, as a result of the prohibition on women
singing in church, discovered the delightful sounds produced by men who
had been (accidentally) castrated as boys. A discovery later exploited
in opera.

Also read "The Alteration" by Kingsley Amis.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Max Demian wrote:

Neither does doing the same to a human male turn them into a fully
functional female despite what the surgeons can do.

If done early enough they may develop a beautiful singing voice.

Do you mean like susan boyle or Katie price ?

They've never had ******** to remove.

It was the Catholic Church to, as a result of the prohibition on women
singing in church, discovered the delightful sounds produced by men who
had been (accidentally) castrated as boys. A discovery later exploited
in opera.

Difficult to tell from recordings made over 110 years ago, supposedly the
last one.
A bit weird to modern ears.

https://youtu.be/KLjvfqnD0ws

GH

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Marland wrote:
I expect most people who have a disability or condition feel a bit down
about it in some way at times,heck we are all probably lacking in some
ability or other compared to others, People with weight conditions they
cannot control, people who are so ugly they can‘t get laid. Some
conditions can be fixed and others cannot. Your barren male and female
examples born that way may be treatable but removing functioning
testicles or breasts with the accompanying chemical treatments to become
on outward appearance the opposite sex to what people are born as
doesn‘t take them the whole way to be a complete functioning example of
the opposite sex any more than giving someone born without legs some
prosthetic ones suddenly makes them have normal body.

If someone is so convinced their 'soul' (if you want) is of the wrong
gender that they wish to go through the trama of surgery and hormone
treatment to alter themselves to what they consider better, WTF has it got
to do with you? Other than to have compassion for them?

--
*Arkansas State Motto: Don't Ask, Don't Tell, Don't Laugh.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote:

But when animals farm or pets have their ******** removed the animals
don't turn into the female variaty of the species.

Neither does doing the same to a human male turn them into a fully
functional female despite what the surgeons can do. They may look like one
,say they are one but unless they can bear children naturally and give
birth they aint one despite what the minority freak rights lobby groups
shout about it.

If done early enough they may develop a beautiful singing voice.

Do you mean like susan boyle or Katie price ?

They've never had ******** to remove.

Why do you think that is ?

It was the Catholic Church to, as a result of the prohibition on women
singing in church, discovered the delightful sounds produced by men who
had been (accidentally) castrated as boys. A discovery later exploited
in opera.

How would a catholic church decide whether a child was a boy or a girl ?

--
Max Demian

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW writes:
Double check the sex of the person at work before you call them "fella".

Was on the Northern Line a year or so back, tail end of the rush hour
but not completely packed. A 3 year old boy was sitting on a seat with
his mum. Suddenly he said, loudly enough that all the people around
heard, "Is that a man or a woman?" pointing to the passenger sitting
opposite. I think mum wanted the earth to open up and swallow her at
that moment. Of course I couldn't help glancing at the person in
question, and I didn't have a clue either.

Does it matter ?, you could have asked the child or why he was asking.

I would have thought it was obvious why the child was asking?

Other than childhood curiosity I'm not sure.

If it was obviuos perhaps you'd like to say why the child was asking ?

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/05/18 10:21, whisky-dave wrote:
How would a catholic church decide whether a child was a boy or a girl ?

count the holes that a standard RC cock could be inserted into?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 11 May 2018 10:42:10 UTC+1, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 11/05/18 10:21, whisky-dave wrote:
How would a catholic church decide whether a child was a boy or a girl ?

count the holes that a standard RC cock could be inserted into?

So if you're a priest and find an extra one that means the applicant must be female and hence rejected for chior service ?