Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Another tip of the day.

Double check the sex of the person at work before you call them "fella".

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:
Double check the sex of the person at work before you call them
"fella".

Customer?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/05/18 19:05, ARW wrote:
Double check the sex of the person at work before you call them "fella".

Even if they have stubble, an Adam's apple, wearing bloke's clothes and
call themselves "Dave", calling them "fella" is treading on thin ice,
possibly leading to a one sided discussion of what "LGBTTQQIAAP" means
and why they shouldn't consider reporting you for a hate crime 8=|

Welcome to 2018 :-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 08/05/2018 19:05, ARW wrote:
Double check the sex of the person at work before you call them "fella".

One of our neighbours named their daughter Fella. It means butterfly in
Italian. I just looked it up.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 08/05/2018 19:13, Tim Watts wrote:

possibly leading to a one sided discussion of what "LGBTTQQIAAP" means

Have you noticed that there are no numbers in that? Numbers are being
discriminated against.

I like numbers. I'm being discriminated against. YOU ARE HATEFUL!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/05/2018 19:05, ARW wrote:
Double check the sex of the person at work before you call them "fella".

Yes. There was a mechanical engineer at one place I worked and I wasn't
certain whether he/she was male or female. I thought that I'd be fine
once I knew their name - until someone introduced them as Lesley/Leslie!

SteveW
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 08/05/2018 19:42, Steve Walker wrote:
On 08/05/2018 19:05, ARW wrote:
Double check the sex of the person at work before you call them "fella".

Yes. There was a mechanical engineer at one place I worked and I wasn't
certain whether he/she was male or female. I thought that I'd be fine
once I knew their name - until someone introduced them as Lesley/Leslie!

There was a reality show about sexuality on Channel 4 last night. Some
bird saying she identified as both male and female, and she didn't know
which toilet to use. This was in a pub, so obviously she wanted the
female toilet. Men's toilets are always gross in a pub. I'd use the
female toilet in a pub, if I thought I could get away with it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 08/05/2018 19:11, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
ARW wrote:
Double check the sex of the person at work before you call them
"fella".

Customer?

No.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

GB wrote:
On 08/05/2018 19:05, ARW wrote:
Double check the sex of the person at work before you call them "fella".

One of our neighbours named their daughter Fella. It means butterfly in
Italian. I just looked it up.

The only Italian word I know for butterfly is 'farfalla'. Plural
'farfalle', like the (butterfly-shaped) pasta. DIY-related, there is
'valvola a farfalla' = butterfly valve :-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/05/2018 19:05, ARW wrote:
Double check the sex of the person at work before you call them "fella".

Yes. There was a mechanical engineer at one place I worked and I wasn't
certain whether he/she was male or female. I thought that I'd be fine
once I knew their name - until someone introduced them as Lesley/Leslie!

There was a reality show about sexuality on Channel 4 last night. Some
bird saying she identified as both male and female, and she didn't know
which toilet to use. This was in a pub, so obviously she wanted the
female toilet. Men's toilets are always gross in a pub. I'd use the
female toilet in a pub, if I thought I could get away with it.

Its about time toilets were all rebuilt and re-signed as just sitters
and standers. The former would have standard loos, the latter urinals.
Folk should be free to use whichever is appropriate to their needs.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 08/05/2018 19:05, ARW wrote:
Double check the sex of the person at work before you call them "fella".

Yes. There was a mechanical engineer at one place I worked and I
wasn't certain whether he/she was male or female. I thought that I'd
be fine once I knew their name - until someone introduced them as
Lesley/Leslie!

There was a reality show about sexuality on Channel 4 last night. Some
bird saying she identified as both male and female, and she didn't know
which toilet to use. This was in a pub, so obviously she wanted the
female toilet. Men's toilets are always gross in a pub.* I'd use the
female toilet in a pub, if I thought I could get away with it.

Have you actually been in a women's toilet the day after? I am not
asking about a nice country pub toilet but a busy town centre/nightclub one.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 08/05/18 19:05, ARW wrote:
Double check the sex of the person at work before you call them "fella".

Even if they have stubble, an Adam's apple, wearing bloke's clothes and
call themselves "Dave", calling them "fella" is treading on thin ice,
possibly leading to a one sided discussion of what "LGBTTQQIAAP" means
and why they shouldn't consider reporting you for a hate crime 8=|

Welcome to 2018 :-)

Police officers always call me fella.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:
Double check the sex of the person at work before you call them
"fella".

Customer?

No.

I would never call a person "fella"
Pikeys do that.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

GB
There was a reality show about sexuality on Channel 4 last night. Some
bird saying she identified as both male and female, and she didn't know
which toilet to use. This was in a pub, so obviously she wanted the
female toilet. Men's toilets are always gross in a pub. I'd use the
female toilet in a pub, if I thought I could get away with it.

What makes you think that drunken woman leave a toilet any cleaner than
drunken men,often they are dirtier.
Bad aim at a urinal may make the surround a mess but generally the urinal
can still be used by those following,
The pans in a womans get blocked with paper ,sanitary products and
underwear and then that gets shatt on.
The pan now is now blocked so the next visitor pulls the flush and the pan
overflows.

GH

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/05/18 19:05, ARW wrote:
Double check the sex of the person at work before you call them "fella".

Even if they have stubble, an Adam's apple, wearing bloke's clothes
and call themselves "Dave", calling them "fella" is treading on thin
ice, possibly leading to a one sided discussion of what "LGBTTQQIAAP"
means and why they shouldn't consider reporting you for a hate crime 8=|

Welcome to 2018 :-)

Police officers always call me fella.

I think we are all fairly certain LGBTTQQIAAP != you
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:
Double check the sex of the person at work before you call them
"fella".

Customer?

No.

I would never call a person "fella"
Pikeys do that.

Thank you, Bricktop...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 08 May 2018 19:36:12 +0100, GB wrote:

On 08/05/2018 19:05, ARW wrote:
Double check the sex of the person at work before you call them
"fella".

One of our neighbours named their daughter Fella. It means butterfly in
Italian. I just looked it up.

As long as her middle name isn't Tio.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/05/2018 19:05, ARW wrote:
Double check the sex of the person at work before you call them "fella".

My wife used to work at the local brewery (which is run by an old
friend). She's tall and skinny, and was wearing a boiler suit to unload
stuff from the Transit flatbed one time when BBC local radio came to
interview the owner, and asked "Could we take a photo of you and your
lad" (which we all found most amusing). She was in her forties at the time.

---

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW Wrote in message:
Double check the sex of the person at work before you call them "fella".

Comfortable shoes?
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Erm, not quite sure where this thread is going.

I do notice a lot of this Americanism is creeping in over here where a girl
or lady or female of our species when coming in to an office mostly staffed
by other ladies says, hi Guys.

All a bit odd, its like many female thespians seem to hate the term
Actress, preferring Actor.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"ARW" wrote in message
Double check the sex of the person at work before you call them "fella".

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:
Double check the sex of the person at work before you call them
"fella".

Customer?

No.

I would never call a person "fella"
Pikeys do that.

Belt up love.

Around here the common term is Bud.

Mike
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 8 May 2018 19:42:23 UTC+1, Steve Walker wrote:
On 08/05/2018 19:05, ARW wrote:
Double check the sex of the person at work before you call them "fella".

Yes. There was a mechanical engineer at one place I worked and I wasn't
certain whether he/she was male or female. I thought that I'd be fine
once I knew their name - until someone introduced them as Lesley/Leslie!

SteveW

Maybe it was just Les**** been here long ;-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/05/2018 19:05, ARW wrote:
Double check the sex of the person at work before you call them "fella".

Yes. There was a mechanical engineer at one place I worked and I wasn't
certain whether he/she was male or female. I thought that I'd be fine
once I knew their name - until someone introduced them as Lesley/Leslie!

There was a reality show about sexuality on Channel 4 last night. Some
bird saying she identified as both male and female, and she didn't know
which toilet to use. This was in a pub, so obviously she wanted the
female toilet. Men's toilets are always gross in a pub. I'd use the
female toilet in a pub, if I thought I could get away with it.

Its about time toilets were all rebuilt and re-signed as just sitters
and standers. The former would have standard loos, the latter urinals.
Folk should be free to use whichever is appropriate to their needs.

I noticed a while ago here they had some paper notices covering up the male/female toilet signs with whether or not you could dispose of sanitary towels.
The male/female doors signs also have what looks like brail beneath them too.
Is that really of any use.
And the PIR triggered lights are left on all day and truned off in the evenings so you enter the toilets in darkness as you open the door.

I think they're taking-the-**** :-D

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 9 May 2018 07:26:54 UTC+1, Brian Gaff wrote:
Guv' or mate or similar tend to annoy me.
Brian

Me to and one person in particualr annoyed me by constantly refering to me as mate, "he' was a transgendered (FTM) american male stripper who seemed to think all London men refered to each other as mate !
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/05/2018 19:05, ARW wrote:
[...]

Thats what dunnys do, and **** too.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 8 May 2018 19:42:20 +0100, Steve Walker
wrote:

On 08/05/2018 19:05, ARW wrote:
Double check the sex of the person at work before you call them "fella".

Yes. There was a mechanical engineer at one place I worked and I wasn't
certain whether he/she was male or female. I thought that I'd be fine
once I knew their name - until someone introduced them as Lesley/Leslie!

Our daughter has spent much of her working life (so far) in a
traditionally male dominated role and is also often wearing PPE,
including helmet / visor etc. This could partly be down to the fact we
brought her up to be a person, not a male or female particularly (she
was just as happy ballroom dancing as helping me in the workshop or on
a car / bike etc).

She has been referred to as 'mate' (assuming she's a he) and many
other male orientated names whilst working and just thinks it's
perfectly reasonable / acceptable (given the above).

She's even had it when not wearing the PPE but when wearing the
uniform and working alongside 'fellas', especially when she's wearing
her hair short (or even when long but in a pony tail as many fellas
have the same).

In fact I think she would more likely to be offended if someone was to
call her 'darlin', especially in a way that could be considered
patronising as that would be knowingly reacting to her as a female.

My first girlfriend (a slim, long haired motorcyclist) had her bike
break down in the winter and (long - short) had another 'biker' stop
and pi$$ over her carbs to get her going. As she kept her helmet on
.... he left with the 'now you know what to do next time' ... ;-)

I wonder if such a good Samaritan would be done for exposure or some
other offence (urinating in a public place (lay-by)) 'these days'? ;-(

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/05/2018 21:56, Marland wrote:
The pans in a womans get blocked with paper ,sanitary products and
underwear and then that gets shatt on.

+ 'lost' mobile phones that 'need' an upgrade.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/05/2018 19:05, ARW wrote:
Double check the sex of the person at work before you call them "fella".

'Up-skirt' ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/05/2018 11:49, Andrew wrote:
On 08/05/2018 19:05, ARW wrote:
Double check the sex of the person at work before you call them "fella".

'Up-skirt' ?

But I'm not sure the issue is sex rather than gender, and you can't tell
a person's gender by looking - nor by touching!

--
Robin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 08/05/2018 19:05, ARW wrote:
[...]

It makes me wonder how people would react if someone that I know that's just got a prospetic penis for just over £400 from italy that allows him to now use the urinals in public toilets just like other men.
Apparently it has a pull back skin, and you get the one you ordered plus a free smaller version.

And I'm not asking him any Qs he's told me more than I was expecting or wanted to know.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/05/2018 19:05, ARW wrote:
Double check the sex of the person at work before you call them "fella".

'Up-skirt' ?

up-kilt .

But I'm not sure the issue is sex rather than gender, and you can't tell
a person's gender by looking - nor by touching!

That is something I find difficult to understand, as Gender is normaly the physical trait and identifed by the organs. It's then that I get someone saying that gender is a state of mind, then I ask them how can someone have gender reasignment if they don't know what gender they are.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 09 May 2018 11:49:16 +0100, Andrew wrote:

On 08/05/2018 19:05, ARW wrote:
Double check the sex of the person at work before you call them
"fella".

'Up-skirt' ?

Conjures up the concept of a new "Google Glass" app to link to your
camera augmented footwear! :-)

--
Johnny B Good
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/05/2018 19:05, ARW wrote:
Double check the sex of the person at work before you call them
"fella".

'Up-skirt' ?

Conjures up the concept of a new "Google Glass" app to link to your
camera augmented footwear! :-)

Youd call that Google Ass wouldnt you.

GH

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/05/2018 19:05, ARW wrote:
Double check the sex of the person at work before you call them
"fella".

'Up-skirt' ?

Conjures up the concept of a new "Google Glass" app to link to your
camera augmented footwear! :-)

You?d call that Google Ass wouldn?t you.

Strictly that might not give you confirmation you were intruding for...
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 08/05/2018 19:05, ARW wrote:
Double check the sex of the person at work before you call them "fella".

Yes. There was a mechanical engineer at one place I worked and I wasn't
certain whether he/she was male or female. I thought that I'd be fine
once I knew their name - until someone introduced them as Lesley/Leslie!

There was a reality show about sexuality on Channel 4 last night. Some
bird saying she identified as both male and female, and she didn't know
which toilet to use. This was in a pub, so obviously she wanted the
female toilet. Men's toilets are always gross in a pub. I'd use the
female toilet in a pub, if I thought I could get away with it.

Its about time toilets were all rebuilt and re-signed as just sitters
and standers. The former would have standard loos, the latter urinals.
Folk should be free to use whichever is appropriate to their needs.

I know a school that has unisex toilets.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 08/05/2018 21:56, Marland wrote:
GB
There was a reality show about sexuality on Channel 4 last night. Some
bird saying she identified as both male and female, and she didn't know
which toilet to use. This was in a pub, so obviously she wanted the
female toilet. Men's toilets are always gross in a pub. I'd use the
female toilet in a pub, if I thought I could get away with it.

What makes you think that drunken woman leave a toilet any cleaner than
drunken men,often they are dirtier.
Bad aim at a urinal may make the surround a mess but generally the urinal
can still be used by those following,
The pans in a womans get blocked with paper ,sanitary products and
underwear and then that gets shatt on.
The pan now is now blocked so the next visitor pulls the flush and the pan
overflows.

And which poor sod gets called out at 8am to swap the fuse in the saniflow?

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

wrote:

On 08/05/2018 19:05, ARW wrote:
[...]

Just mentioned it over morning coffee?

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 08/05/2018 19:05, ARW wrote:
Double check the sex of the person at work before you call them "fella".

'Up-skirt' ?

No skirts in this place (apart from the admin staff).

--
Adam