Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Another tip of the day.

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Tuesday, 8 May 2018 20:15:21 UTC+1, Tim+ wrote:
GB wrote:
On 08/05/2018 19:42, Steve Walker wrote:
On 08/05/2018 19:05, ARW wrote:
Double check the sex of the person at work before you call them
"fella".

Yes. There was a mechanical engineer at one place I worked and I
wasn't
certain whether he/she was male or female. I thought that I'd be fine
once I knew their name - until someone introduced them as
Lesley/Leslie!

There was a reality show about sexuality on Channel 4 last night. Some
bird saying she identified as both male and female, and she didn't know
which toilet to use. This was in a pub, so obviously she wanted the
female toilet. Men's toilets are always gross in a pub. I'd use the
female toilet in a pub, if I thought I could get away with it.

Its about time toilets were all rebuilt and re-signed as just €śsitters€ť
and €śstanders€ť. The former would have standard loos, the latter urinals.
Folk should be free to use whichever is appropriate to their needs.

I noticed a while ago here they had some paper notices covering up the
male/female toilet signs with whether or not you could dispose of sanitary
towels.
The male/female doors signs also have what looks like brail beneath them
too.
Is that really of any use.
And the PIR triggered lights are left on all day and truned off in the
evenings so you enter the toilets in darkness as you open the door.

I think they're taking-the-**** :-D

Thats what dunnys do, and **** too.