Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default Pipe clips

Nearly all pipe clips require the pipe to be positioned, the clip
positions marked, then the pipe removed, the clips screwed in, etc Like
these https://www.toolstation.com/shop/p72747

You can get nail in clips that have the nails offset, so that they can
be nailed with the pipe in place. Like
https://www.toolstation.com/shop/p19689

Why not the same design for screw in clips? I know you can get saddle
clips, but that's two holes and plugs, etc.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

GB wrote:

Nearly all pipe clips require the pipe to be positioned, the clip
positions marked, then the pipe removed, the clips screwed in, etc Like
these https://www.toolstation.com/shop/p72747

You can get nail in clips that have the nails offset, so that they can
be nailed with the pipe in place. Like
https://www.toolstation.com/shop/p19689

Why not the same design for screw in clips? I know you can get saddle
clips, but that's two holes and plugs, etc.

I got some on Ebay recently, I'll look them up. The magic words seem
to be "end fixing" plastic pipe clips. The obvious application being
to replace failed clips without moving the pipe, which is what I wanted
them for. The existing rawl plugs had pulled out.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Plastic-F...s/332565407571

--

Roger Hayter
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 16/03/2018 12:55, Roger Hayter wrote:
GB wrote:

Nearly all pipe clips require the pipe to be positioned, the clip
positions marked, then the pipe removed, the clips screwed in, etc Like
these https://www.toolstation.com/shop/p72747

You can get nail in clips that have the nails offset, so that they can
be nailed with the pipe in place. Like
https://www.toolstation.com/shop/p19689

Why not the same design for screw in clips? I know you can get saddle
clips, but that's two holes and plugs, etc.

I got some on Ebay recently, I'll look them up. The magic words seem
to be "end fixing" plastic pipe clips. The obvious application being
to replace failed clips without moving the pipe, which is what I wanted
them for. The existing rawl plugs had pulled out.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Plastic-F...s/332565407571

THANKS VERY MUCH. Just what I wanted.

There's also these double clips
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/15mm-22mm...m/252612265154

There's no law that says you have to use both clips.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/03/2018 12:00, GB wrote:
Nearly all pipe clips require the pipe to be positioned, the clip
positions marked, then the pipe removed, the clips screwed in, etc Like
these https://www.toolstation.com/shop/p72747

I have not seen them for a while, but I did have some like those above,
but with and angled screw attachment - so the screw could go in from the
side at an angle. Quite good for fixings on to wood etc, but not so good
if you need to drill for a plug.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I remember some clips that were kind of three part. one for each side, then
one that pushed over the pipe and located in little lugs either side of the
pipe but no idea where they were obtained.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"GB" wrote in message
news
Nearly all pipe clips require the pipe to be positioned, the clip
positions marked, then the pipe removed, the clips screwed in, etc Like
these
https://www.toolstation.com/shop/p72747

You can get nail in clips that have the nails offset, so that they can be
nailed with the pipe in place. Like
https://www.toolstation.com/shop/p19689

Why not the same design for screw in clips? I know you can get saddle
clips, but that's two holes and plugs, etc.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/03/2018 12:00, GB wrote:
Nearly all pipe clips require the pipe to be positioned, the clip
positions marked, then the pipe removed, the clips screwed in, etcÂ* Like
these https://www.toolstation.com/shop/p72747

You can get nail in clips that have the nails offset, so that they can
be nailed with the pipe in place. Like
https://www.toolstation.com/shop/p19689

Why not the same design for screw in clips? I know you can get saddle
clips, but that's two holes and plugs, etc.

How about P-clips?

SteveW

Posted to uk.d-i-y

GB wrote:

Nearly all pipe clips require the pipe to be positioned, the clip
positions marked, then the pipe removed, the clips screwed in, etc Like
these https://www.toolstation.com/shop/p72747

You can get nail in clips that have the nails offset, so that they can
be nailed with the pipe in place. Like
https://www.toolstation.com/shop/p19689

Why not the same design for screw in clips? I know you can get saddle
clips, but that's two holes and plugs, etc.

I got some on Ebay recently, I'll look them up. The magic words seem
to be "end fixing" plastic pipe clips. The obvious application being
to replace failed clips without moving the pipe, which is what I wanted
them for. The existing rawl plugs had pulled out.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Plastic-F...per-Pipe-Clip-
15mm-22mm-28mm-Diff-Qtys/332565407571

THANKS VERY MUCH. Just what I wanted.

There's also these double clips
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/15mm-22mm...le-Clip-Copper
-Plastic-Pipe-Clips-For-Bathroom/252612265154

There's no law that says you have to use both clips.

I don' know if you have used those open top clips, but they look very
messy if the pipe has the slightest tendency to spring away from the
wall.
--

Roger Hayter
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/03/2018 13:16, GB wrote:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Plastic-F...s/332565407571

THANKS VERY MUCH.Â* Just what I wanted.

They are easy to print, just use ABS and not PLA plastic.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 16/03/2018 15:35, Steve Walker wrote:
On 16/03/2018 12:00, GB wrote:
Nearly all pipe clips require the pipe to be positioned, the clip
positions marked, then the pipe removed, the clips screwed in, etc
Like these https://www.toolstation.com/shop/p72747

You can get nail in clips that have the nails offset, so that they can
be nailed with the pipe in place. Like
https://www.toolstation.com/shop/p19689

Why not the same design for screw in clips? I know you can get saddle
clips, but that's two holes and plugs, etc.

How about P-clips?

I used SWA cleats on one repair due to vandalism.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 16 Mar 2018 12:55:14 +0000, Roger Hayter wrote:

Nearly all pipe clips require the pipe to be positioned, the clip
positions marked, then the pipe removed, the clips screwed in, etc

Your doing it arse about face. Decide where you want the pipe to be,
fix the clips, fit pipe to clips, PoP.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Plastic-F...per-Pipe-Clip-
15mm-22mm-28mm-Diff-Qtys/332565407571

Look a bit ugly to my eyes.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 19/03/2018 09:40, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Fri, 16 Mar 2018 12:55:14 +0000, Roger Hayter wrote:

Nearly all pipe clips require the pipe to be positioned, the clip
positions marked, then the pipe removed, the clips screwed in, etc

Your doing it arse about face. Decide where you want the pipe to be,
fix the clips, fit pipe to clips, PoP.

If you are running a completely new pipe run, that makes perfect sense.
If you need to connect to two existing points, it may be better to run
the pipes then fit the clips. I guess it depends how accurate you are.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Plastic-F...per-Pipe-Clip-
15mm-22mm-28mm-Diff-Qtys/332565407571

Look a bit ugly to my eyes.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Liquorice wrote:

On Fri, 16 Mar 2018 12:55:14 +0000, Roger Hayter wrote:

Nearly all pipe clips require the pipe to be positioned, the clip
positions marked, then the pipe removed, the clips screwed in, etc

Your doing it arse about face. Decide where you want the pipe to be,
fix the clips, fit pipe to clips, PoP.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Plastic-F...per-Pipe-Clip-
15mm-22mm-28mm-Diff-Qtys/332565407571

Look a bit ugly to my eyes.

I agree. In my case I had a 22mm plastic pipe 10m long and constrained
at points 40cm either side of the clip and wanting to pull the clip out
to about 3cm away from the (very far from flat) wall. When it succeeded
it was not possible to move the pipe out of the way of its centre line
without fairly massive dismantling and the side fixing clip was so much
easier that it was worth it!

--

Roger Hayter
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 19/03/2018 09:40, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Fri, 16 Mar 2018 12:55:14 +0000, Roger Hayter wrote:

Nearly all pipe clips require the pipe to be positioned, the clip
positions marked, then the pipe removed, the clips screwed in, etc

Your doing it arse about face. Decide where you want the pipe to be,
fix the clips, fit pipe to clips, PoP.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Plastic-F...per-Pipe-Clip-
15mm-22mm-28mm-Diff-Qtys/332565407571

Look a bit ugly to my eyes.

Errrm.

It's a pipe clip.

Do you want to take it out on a date?

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 19 Mar 2018 20:13:03 +0000, ARW wrote:

On 19/03/2018 09:40, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Fri, 16 Mar 2018 12:55:14 +0000, Roger Hayter wrote:

Nearly all pipe clips require the pipe to be positioned, the clip
positions marked, then the pipe removed, the clips screwed in, etc

Your doing it arse about face. Decide where you want the pipe to be,
fix the clips, fit pipe to clips, PoP.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Plastic-F...per-Pipe-Clip-
15mm-22mm-28mm-Diff-Qtys/332565407571

Look a bit ugly to my eyes.