Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Hayter[_2_] Roger Hayter[_2_] is offline

Default Pipe clips

Dave Liquorice wrote:

On Fri, 16 Mar 2018 12:55:14 +0000, Roger Hayter wrote:

Nearly all pipe clips require the pipe to be positioned, the clip
positions marked, then the pipe removed, the clips screwed in, etc

Your doing it arse about face. Decide where you want the pipe to be,
fix the clips, fit pipe to clips, PoP.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Plastic-F...per-Pipe-Clip-
15mm-22mm-28mm-Diff-Qtys/332565407571

Look a bit ugly to my eyes.

I agree. In my case I had a 22mm plastic pipe 10m long and constrained
at points 40cm either side of the clip and wanting to pull the clip out
to about 3cm away from the (very far from flat) wall. When it succeeded
it was not possible to move the pipe out of the way of its centre line
without fairly massive dismantling and the side fixing clip was so much
easier that it was worth it!

--

Roger Hayter