Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default self cleaning.....

does anybody have self cleaning glass that works?......

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/03/2018 11:42, Jim.GM4DHJ ... wrote:

does anybody have self cleaning glass that works?......

In what context?

I have seen the new hydrophobic glass on some new skyscraper office
buildings which the rain literally skids down at great speed sometimes
merging droplets and sometimes breaking up.

The self cleaning glass in my wood burning stove also more or less works
provided that you run it hot enough. Part of that is clever ventilation
that runs cool air down the front surface making sure the zone against
the glass is never fuel rich. Any transient soot quickly burns away.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 7 March 2018 11:42:38 UTC, Jim.GM4DHJ ... wrote:
does anybody have self cleaning glass that works?......

We have some on our new graduate centre it seems to work, the rain runs realy fast down it and it still looks clean afetr a few months.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim.GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
does anybody have self cleaning glass that works?......

the stuff on my previous flat did, yes

as did the paintwork on my previous car (yes I know that's not glass)

In both cases the majority of the dirt washed off in the rain (or fell off
on its own or whatever), but they were never spotlessly clean, if that's
what you were expecting

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

None of it seems to be immune to the super clinging British standard bird
**** we get around here, though some solar companies claim that it is.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Jim.GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
does anybody have self cleaning glass that works?......

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
"tim..." writes:

"Jim.GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
does anybody have self cleaning glass that works?......

the stuff on my previous flat did, yes

as did the paintwork on my previous car (yes I know that's not glass)

In both cases the majority of the dirt washed off in the rain (or fell off
on its own or whatever), but they were never spotlessly clean, if that's
what you were expecting

Someone I used to work with put it on their windscreen - a complete
disaster. When they used the windscreen wipers, the water instantly
beaded into a microscopic mist which you couldn't see through.

Many years ago, I had the same when a garage valeted my car (without
asking) and waxed the windscreen. I had to talk with Triplex to find
out how to get it off the glass.

--
Andrew Gabriel