Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default self cleaning.....

On 07/03/2018 11:42, Jim.GM4DHJ ... wrote:

does anybody have self cleaning glass that works?......

In what context?

I have seen the new hydrophobic glass on some new skyscraper office
buildings which the rain literally skids down at great speed sometimes
merging droplets and sometimes breaking up.

The self cleaning glass in my wood burning stove also more or less works
provided that you run it hot enough. Part of that is clever ventilation
that runs cool air down the front surface making sure the zone against
the glass is never fuel rich. Any transient soot quickly burns away.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown