Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv

Default OT Is it me?

Afflicted by post-procedure pain I tire of the gradually brightening
ceiling and wearily put the telly on, at 7.50am, seeking diversion. BBC1
has a brown alpha-female (called 'nagger' apparently!) and a subservient
white male wimp. They introduce a silly but seemingly harmless item
about a dog that is pampered excessively. The dog's owners turn out to
be two homosexuals.
The next item is about a fishery owner who has banned Polish anglers.
Nothing is said about why he has felt the need to reduce his customer
base in this way, but there are many insinuations that he is simply racist.
I go to the bathroom. When I get back the telly is saying that the BBC
is going to reduce Christian programming and increase that of 'other
religions'. I wonder if this means Buddhists and Sikhs will get a look in.
It's time for the local news. The newsreader is attractive and has a
lovely smile, and is black. There's an interview with a gay man. The
story about the anti-Polish fishery man is featured, despite it being in
Oxfordshire and this programme being Look North from Leeds.
I turn the telly off and play some music. I idly look at the BBC news on
my phone. I read about the recent bad road accident in Birmingham. It
seems that "It is not known what caused the crash", and there are no
details about the 'men' in the car that crossed the central reservation
at 100mph and hit the other vehicle head on. However the innocent victim
in that car is identified as a hard-working Asian with a large family.
Strange that yesterday's papers said that the car that caused the
accident was driven by an Asian drug baron who had recently been
released from prison following a 120mph chase. Funny how the BBC missed
that.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv

On Wed, 20 Dec 2017 08:35:08 +0000, Bill Wright wrote:

I idly look at the BBC news on
my phone. I read about the recent bad road accident in Birmingham. It
seems that "It is not known what caused the crash", and there are no
details about the 'men' in the car that crossed the central reservation
at 100mph and hit the other vehicle head on. However the innocent victim
in that car is identified as a hard-working Asian with a large family.
Strange that yesterday's papers said that the car that caused the
accident was driven by an Asian drug baron who had recently been
released from prison following a 120mph chase. Funny how the BBC missed
that.

Comprehensive coverage on the BBC website.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...ngham-42408477

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv

On 20/12/2017 08:35, Bill Wright wrote:
Funny how the BBC missed
that.

Don't they miss most of the world news? It's becoming more like 'drop
the dead donkey' every day.

I find it more disturbing that when watching the first minute of a news
program when they give the headlines and I think to myself it's another
day when they are going to report nothing of interest and the crap they
are reporting has been dumbed down to make it light entertainment.

There seem to be a lot or journalist to journalist interviews with a
spectacular lack of facts - just speculation.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv

On 12/20/2017 8:39 AM, Bob Eager wrote:
On Wed, 20 Dec 2017 08:35:08 +0000, Bill Wright wrote:

I idly look at the BBC news on
my phone. I read about the recent bad road accident in Birmingham. It
seems that "It is not known what caused the crash", and there are no
details about the 'men' in the car that crossed the central reservation
at 100mph and hit the other vehicle head on. However the innocent victim
in that car is identified as a hard-working Asian with a large family.
Strange that yesterday's papers said that the car that caused the
accident was driven by an Asian drug baron who had recently been
released from prison following a 120mph chase. Funny how the BBC missed
that.

Comprehensive coverage on the BBC website.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...ngham-42408477

he was no angel...but he is now ......

--
Sometimes I pretend to be normal then I get bored and go back to being
me ...
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv

radio has better pictures ......
--
Sometimes I pretend to be normal then I get bored and go back to being
me ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv

In message , Bob Eager
writes
On Wed, 20 Dec 2017 08:35:08 +0000, Bill Wright wrote:

I idly look at the BBC news on
my phone. I read about the recent bad road accident in Birmingham. It
seems that "It is not known what caused the crash", and there are no
details about the 'men' in the car that crossed the central reservation
at 100mph and hit the other vehicle head on. However the innocent victim
in that car is identified as a hard-working Asian with a large family.
Strange that yesterday's papers said that the car that caused the
accident was driven by an Asian drug baron who had recently been
released from prison following a 120mph chase. Funny how the BBC missed
that.

Comprehensive coverage on the BBC website.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...ngham-42408477

Not sure I agree with Bill's analysis but I have criticised what I call
BBC socio engineering. Basically where they insert non news items into
the morning *wake up to get up* slot.

What on earth have choirs to do with anything other than programme
padding?

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv

In article ,
alan_m wrote:
On 20/12/2017 08:35, Bill Wright wrote:
Funny how the BBC missed
that.

Don't they miss most of the world news? It's becoming more like 'drop
the dead donkey' every day.

I find it more disturbing that when watching the first minute of a news
program when they give the headlines and I think to myself it's another
day when they are going to report nothing of interest and the crap they
are reporting has been dumbed down to make it light entertainment.

There seem to be a lot or journalist to journalist interviews with a
spectacular lack of facts - just speculation.

lets go back to the 1920 when the announcer once said "`There is no news
today".

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 20 December 2017 08:34:47 UTC, Bill Wright wrote:
[...]

On the Beeb last night, !Invasion"
Basically proving that invaders were a jolly good thing and we needed more of them.
Pure brainwashing.

I too am getting fed upof gibbering brwon faces on the TV
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv

On 20/12/2017 09:06, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 12/20/2017 8:39 AM, Bob Eager wrote:
On Wed, 20 Dec 2017 08:35:08 +0000, Bill Wright wrote:

Â* I idly look at the BBC news on
my phone. I read about the recent bad road accident in Birmingham. It
seems that "It is not known what caused the crash", and there are no
details about the 'men' in the car that crossed the central reservation
at 100mph and hit the other vehicle head on. However the innocent victim
in that car is identified as a hard-working Asian with a large family.
Strange that yesterday's papers said that the car that caused the
accident was driven by an Asian drug baron who had recently been
released from prison following a 120mph chase. Funny how the BBC missed
that.

Comprehensive coverage on the BBC website.

Â* http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...ngham-42408477

Late with the truth as usual. But at least they finally reported it.
There's hope yet.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 20 December 2017 08:34:47 UTC, Bill Wright wrote:
Afflicted by post-procedure pain

I don't remember you telling us about a procedure?

The story about the anti-Polish fishery man is featured, despite
it being in Oxfordshire and this programme being Look North
from Leeds.

Lots of Yorkshire people enjoy fishing? Lots of Polish people in Leeds?

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv

"Bill Wright" wrote in message
news
[...]

We are getting to much the same opinion Bill, whether it is BBC
Breakfast or Sky News - who are forever banging on about single use
plastics and the alleged damage it is doing.

My apologies if this is a repeat, but I saw recently that the ASA has
decreed that adverts can no longer show a woman doing household chores
such as cleaning or washing up, and that all families shown (two
parent/two children-type) must either be all black or mixed race with
a black father/white mother, never the other way around. Now I know
about it I spot it every time!

I saw yesterday that non-indigenous (i.e. white British) peoples
account for only 14% of the UK population but provide well over 40% of
those in jail.

I see this morning that the BBC is to broadcast more religion but it
will be at the expense of Christianity.

Aligned with your comments it does beg the question of what the world
and especially this country is coming to, assisted of course by our
dear BBC and their "Britain only exists within the M25" viewpoint.

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv

On 20/12/2017 09:44, Woody wrote:

Aligned with your comments it does beg the question of what the world
and especially this country is coming to, assisted of course by our
dear BBC and their "Britain only exists within the M25" viewpoint.

What a pity that more people don't realise that much of the broadcast
media is pulling the wool over their eyes. Of course for the young it's
always been the same so they have nothing to compare it with.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
On 12/20/2017 8:39 AM, Bob Eager wrote:
On Wed, 20 Dec 2017 08:35:08 +0000, Bill Wright wrote:

I idly look at the BBC news on
my phone. I read about the recent bad road accident in Birmingham. It
seems that "It is not known what caused the crash", and there are no
details about the 'men' in the car that crossed the central reservation
at 100mph and hit the other vehicle head on. However the innocent victim
in that car is identified as a hard-working Asian with a large family.
Strange that yesterday's papers said that the car that caused the
accident was driven by an Asian drug baron who had recently been
released from prison following a 120mph chase. Funny how the BBC missed
that.

Comprehensive coverage on the BBC website.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...ngham-42408477

he was no angel...but he is now ......

Nope, being burnt to a crisp. Birmingham Fried Asian.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"harry" wrote in message
[...]

Thats because you have always been a rabid racist, spawn of invaders.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote
Bill Wright wrote

Afflicted by post-procedure pain

I don't remember you telling us about a procedure?

Thats because it had to be done after he tried to top himself and stuffed
that up.

The story about the anti-Polish fishery man
is featured, despite it being in Oxfordshire and
this programme being Look North from Leeds.

Lots of Yorkshire people enjoy fishing?

Likely story.

Lots of Polish people in Leeds?

Must be mad.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 20/12/2017 08:35, Bill Wright wrote:

The next item is about a fishery owner who has banned Polish anglers.
Nothing is said about why he has felt the need to reduce his customer
base in this way, but there are many insinuations that he is simply racist.

The BBC reported this fairly IMHO. They explained clearly on the radio
that the fishery owner has a legitimate concern, namely that most
fishermen were hooking the fish then throwing them back in, but some
were taking them home to eat. Apparently, in E Europe there's a
tradition of eating the fish you catch, and some of them were doing this
in the UK still. The fishery owner regards this as theft of his fish
stock, and he's chosen to ban all E European fishermen to prevent it.

The method he has chosen to tackle it is clearly racist. In fact, it is
the very essence of racism, ie tarring all of a diverse group of people
with the same brush.

There are other ways he could have dealt with it. He could, for example,
charge for fish caught and taken away. Or he could have simply explained
that fish need to be returned to the lake, not eaten. Anyway, he's now
in the news and may well get prosecuted. Silly man.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv

In article ,
Bill Wright wrote:
fflicted by post-procedure pain I tire of the gradually brightening
ceiling and wearily put the telly on, at 7.50am, seeking diversion. BBC1
has a brown alpha-female (called 'nagger' apparently!) and a subservient
white male wimp. They introduce a silly but seemingly harmless item
about a dog that is pampered excessively. The dog's owners turn out to
be two homosexuals.

Have you only got BBC1 where you live? Very odd considering your job.

Generally, if I don't like a programme I look for something else. Or even
something I recorded earlier.

Because I realise programme makers don't make stuff just for me.

--
*If vegetable oil comes from vegetables, where does baby oil come from? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 20 December 2017 09:52:41 UTC, Tim Lamb wrote:
The fishing club here have an inbuilt hatred of Eastern Europeans based
on the belief that they take caught fish to eat.

I would have thought that was the point of fishing!

Of course I'd expect to pay for the fish ...

So are these fisheries the equivalent of a cat cafe, where you get to play with the cats for a short while but not take them home?

Next we'll see East Europeans banned from cat cafes ...

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv

In article ,
Bill Wright wrote:
fflicted by post-procedure pain I tire of the gradually brightening
ceiling and wearily put the telly on, at 7.50am, seeking diversion. BBC1
has a brown alpha-female (called 'nagger' apparently!) and a subservient
white male wimp. They introduce a silly but seemingly harmless item
about a dog that is pampered excessively. The dog's owners turn out to
be two homosexuals.

Have you only got BBC1 where you live? Very odd considering your job.

Yes it's very strange. I need an aerial man I think.

Generally, if I don't like a programme I look for something else. Or even
something I recorded earlier.

My complaint isn't about what was on at that moment, it was about the
sort of liberal leftist guff always being on. Why should I buy a TV
licence just to have this weird mindset given such dominance?

Because I realise programme makers don't make stuff just for me.

Well no, it'd just be Marxist stuff I expect.

Bill

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv

On 12/20/2017 10:02 AM, Rod Speed wrote:

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
[...]

straight to hell...no 52 virgins for him ...

--
Sometimes I pretend to be normal then I get bored and go back to being
me ...
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv

On 20/12/2017 11:53, Jethro_uk wrote:

Last week for two hours, the BBC News front page managed to have
absolutely nothing whatsoever about Brexit. Nothing. I actually saved the
page*. Not even a link.

I think it has become necessary to use a wide variety of news sources
and apply critical thought to everything. It's terrible that we can't
believe the BBC anymore.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 20 December 2017 09:22:37 UTC, harry wrote:
[...]

Well we have gained a lot from invasion, from drinking vessels to roads.
we also had free trade.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/12/2017 10:09, Rod Speed wrote:
wrote
Bill WrightÂ* wrote

Afflicted by post-procedure pain

I don't remember you telling us about a procedure?

Prostate biopsy. Not very nice. Anyone else had it? Wouldn't mind
discussing it with fellow sufferers.

Thats because it had to be done after he tried to top himself and
stuffed that up.

Shut up now Rod, you're showing yourself up.

Bill

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/12/2017 10:09, GB wrote:
[...]

Yes I agree. But why was it on Look North when it happened in
Oxfordshire? The excuse was that a Doncaster man was annoyed about it,
but if a Doncaster man was attempting to crowd fund an action about
something that happened in Oxfordshire that didn't have the bait word
'race' in it the BBC wouldn't have it on Look North.
Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv

Bill Wright wrote:

The next item is about a fishery owner who has banned Polish anglers.

It seems to be at least eight years since he erected his sign

https://www.anglingtimes.co.uk/fishing-news/2009/scottish-fishery-boss-court-case-could-open-floodgates
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 20 December 2017 12:05:42 UTC, Bill Wright wrote:
Prostate biopsy. Not very nice.

No, I've just looked up the details.

I think you're very justified in having a quiet lie-down shouting at the telly.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv

On 20/12/2017 08:35, Bill Wright wrote:

The next item is about a fishery owner who has banned Polish anglers.
Nothing is said about why he has felt the need to reduce his customer
base in this way, but there are many insinuations that he is simply racist.

If banning someone based on them being Polish or east European is not
racist, what is?

If he'd simply said he had the right to refuse access without giving a
reason, he'd have got away with it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv

On 20/12/2017 09:44, Woody wrote:

My apologies if this is a repeat, but I saw recently that the ASA has
decreed that adverts can no longer show a woman doing household chores
such as cleaning or washing up, and that all families shown (two
parent/two children-type) must either be all black or mixed race with
a black father/white mother, never the other way around. Now I know
about it I spot it every time!

Any idea where you saw this? I was horrified so I thought I would do
some research on the ASA. They have indeed done a study

https://www.asa.org.uk/asset/FA0CDD1...892D70C53C5E7/

and are proposing new rules but one of the Key findings of the report is

It would be inappropriate and unrealistic to prevent ads
from, for instance, depicting a woman cleaning,

but
new standards on gender stereotypes might elaborate
on the types of treatments that might be problematic
€” for example:
An ad which depicts family members creating mess
while a woman has sole responsibility for cleaning it up.
An ad that suggests an activity is inappropriate for
a girl because it is stereotypically associated with boys
or vice versa.
An ad that features a man trying and failing to undertake
simple parental or household tasks.

So it looks like someone somewhere is misreporting what the ASA has ruled

I could not find any info about ethnic origin of families.

--
Chris B (News)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 20 Dec 2017 12:06:06 +0000, Bill Wright wrote:

On 20/12/2017 10:09, Rod Speed wrote:
wrote
Bill WrightÂ* wrote

Afflicted by post-procedure pain

I don't remember you telling us about a procedure?

Prostate biopsy. Not very nice. Anyone else had it? Wouldn't mind
discussing it with fellow sufferers.

Me. Several times. Not to mention the resulting sepsis.

Email me. The news address (see headers) should work.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
wrote:
On Wednesday, 20 December 2017 09:52:41 UTC, Tim Lamb wrote:
The fishing club here have an inbuilt hatred of Eastern Europeans
based on the belief that they take caught fish to eat.

I would have thought that was the point of fishing!

Those who don't fish rarely do see the point of it. A relation of mine has
caught the same carp several times at his favourite fishing lake. I'm
surprised they don't just get a room.

--
*I thought I wanted a career. Turns out I just wanted paychecks.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Jethro_uk wrote:
I would have thought that was the point of fishing!

Not UK style. It's a sport. Like catching a fox you have no intention of
eating.

People catch foxes then release them back into the wild?

--
*No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver,purple

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Bill Wright wrote:
My complaint isn't about what was on at that moment, it was about the
sort of liberal leftist guff always being on. Why should I buy a TV
licence just to have this weird mindset given such dominance?

Why should I be forced to buy a licence when the BBC shows sport etc I
have no interest in?

I can answer that one. I don't expect them to only make progs that I will
always like. As everyone who pays for a licence will have different tastes.

--
*In "Casablanca", Humphrey Bogart never said "Play it again, Sam" *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv

On 20/12/2017 09:06, alan_m wrote:
On 20/12/2017 08:35, Bill Wright wrote:
Funny how the BBC missed that.

Don't they miss most of the world news?

when we're travelling we try BBC World News to catch up on events at
home. There's news of practically everywhere but the UK. That's when
there is news. Most of it is magazine style items.

We are more informed if we watch CNN. CNN!!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

People catch foxes then release them back into the wild?

Yep, people catch urban foxes where they are a nuisance and release them
back into the countryside.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Bill Wright wrote:
It's terrible that we can't
believe the BBC anymore.

Is that the Royal we, or are you a 'spokesperson for the community' now?

--
*Why isn't there mouse-flavoured cat food?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Andrew wrote:
Some east europeans actually like eating carp and the
other species, which is OK on central europes big wide
rivers, but soon decimates the stocks on our smaller
and narrower rivers. They don't understand the concept
of fishing for a pastime.

I doubt the fish do either.

--
*Whatever kind of look you were going for, you missed.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv

On 20/12/2017 11:59, Bill Wright wrote:
On 20/12/2017 11:53, Jethro_uk wrote:

Last week for two hours, the BBC News front page managed to have
absolutely nothing whatsoever about Brexit. Nothing. I actually saved the
page*. Not even a link.

I think it has become necessary to use a wide variety of news sources
and apply critical thought to everything. It's terrible that we can't
believe the BBC anymore.

Bill

I agree. But if this is the case then what is the point of the
(allegedly unbiased) BBC news coverage?

There isn't...