Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default OT Is it me?

On 20/12/2017 10:50, wrote:
I would have thought that was the point of fishing!

err, no. Not UK coarse fishing. It's a sport for those
who participate and the fish are returned to the water.

Some east europeans actually like eating carp and the
other species, which is OK on central europes big wide
rivers, but soon decimates the stocks on our smaller
and narrower rivers. They don't understand the concept
of fishing for a pastime.

There is a river passing through Midhurst, and a large
pond with a weir, where there has been a sign in Polish for
many years reminding fishermen not take the fish.

The pond/lake in question is a private facility.