Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default d-i-y haircut .....

Tried a DIY haircut today...I now can't go out for a few weeks ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/11/2017 19:33, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Tried a DIY haircut today...I now can't go out for a few weeks ...

Shave it all off. people will think you're having chemo.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bill Wright" wrote in message
news
On 30/11/2017 19:33, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Tried a DIY haircut today...I now can't go out for a few weeks ...

Shave it all off. people will think you're having chemo.

Bill

still looking for a cheap flowbee ........

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote

Tried a DIY haircut today...I now can't go out for a few weeks ...

Corse you can, just put a bag over your head, again.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote
Tried a DIY haircut today...I now can't go out for a few weeks ...

Corse you can, just put a bag over your head, again.

you still using yours ?. .........

Posted to uk.d-i-y

You must be a pretty bad haircutter then. I've always done mine and it seems
to be acceptable, however this weather I'm going to let it grow for a while.
The trick is layering and careful use of the electric clippers, IE don't
just go to a line and stop.
Always combed every so often to look at straggly bits and do not worry too
much about the carrot top effect you can retrain hair if you use a little
dampness when combing it.

Remember I am blind so do it more or less by feel.

In fact even when I could see, looking is not that easy to do, so learning
what is right for your hair a bit at a time is the best approach.
Of course I'm talking no frills here, if you want a style then go to a
pro.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
Tried a DIY haircut today...I now can't go out for a few weeks ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote
Tried a DIY haircut today...I now can't go out for a few weeks ...

Corse you can, just put a bag over your head, again.

you still using yours ?. .........

Never needed one.

I've got enough of a clue to be able to do a DIY haircut that is fine.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote
Tried a DIY haircut today...I now can't go out for a few weeks ...

Corse you can, just put a bag over your head, again.

you still using yours ?. .........

Never needed one.

I've got enough of a clue to be able to do a DIY haircut that is fine.

you got a flowbee then ? .....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
news

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote
Tried a DIY haircut today...I now can't go out for a few weeks ...

Corse you can, just put a bag over your head, again.

you still using yours ?. .........

Never needed one.

I've got enough of a clue to be able to do a DIY haircut that is fine.

you got a flowbee then ? .....

...I bet you are as bald as a coot

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Brian Gaff
writes
You must be a pretty bad haircutter then. I've always done mine and it seems
to be acceptable

Yes, I have been doing mine with clippers for years, although admit
there is nothing on top to cut, and what is there, I just wear short.
Run the clippers over once a week, job done. No need for a comb or
hairbrush these days.

--
Graeme
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 1 December 2017 05:59:07 UTC, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
"Rod Speed" wrote in message
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote
Tried a DIY haircut today...I now can't go out for a few weeks ...

Corse you can, just put a bag over your head, again.

you still using yours ?. .........

He uses them in his hobby of Escapology, where he lies his way out of those bags after he's wet them.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Friday, 1 December 2017 05:59:07 UTC, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
"Rod Speed" wrote in message
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote
Tried a DIY haircut today...I now can't go out for a few weeks ...

Corse you can, just put a bag over your head, again.

you still using yours ?. .........

He uses them in his hobby of Escapology, where he lies his way out of
those bags after he's wet them.

Oh right ......

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
news

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote
Tried a DIY haircut today...I now can't go out for a few weeks ...

Corse you can, just put a bag over your head, again.

you still using yours ?. .........

Never needed one.

I've got enough of a clue to be able to do a DIY haircut that is fine.

you got a flowbee then ? .....

Nope. I use a normal hair trimmer and don’t even use the plastic
snap on combs, do a super short cut. Much easier to do and you
can feel the bits you have missed from the length of the hair.

Can be a bit cool in the winter tho.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
news

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote
Tried a DIY haircut today...I now can't go out for a few weeks ...

Corse you can, just put a bag over your head, again.

you still using yours ?. .........

Never needed one.

I've got enough of a clue to be able to do a DIY haircut that is fine.

you got a flowbee then ? .....

..I bet you are as bald as a coot

Nope.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Graeme wrote
Brian Gaff wrote

You must be a pretty bad haircutter then. I've
always done mine and it seems to be acceptable

Yes, I have been doing mine with clippers for years, although admit
there is nothing on top to cut, and what is there, I just wear short.

Yeah, I prefer it so short I don't have to do anything after a
shower, just dry it with the towel. I wash the hair every shower.

Run the clippers over once a week, job done.

I don't do it anything like that frequently. Havent
recorded it but it must be every few months.

No need for a comb or hairbrush these days.

Yeah, don't bother with a comb at all anymore
and havent owned a hairbrush for more than
60 years and never used one even then.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/11/2017 19:33, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Tried a DIY haircut today...I now can't go out for a few weeks ...

Why? Are you so vain? Just go to a barber and get it repaired if you
have made that much of a tube of it. I promise very few people will
actually notice your hair, it is much more important to you than to
others (as long as it is not shaved on one side Uriah Heap on the other)

I always cut my own hair .
Just do a No1 all over, with trimmers. Well I am balding and 55 so I
don't really care if I muck it up, but with a pair of clippers taking it
that close there is not much that can go wrong
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"soup" wrote in message
On 30/11/2017 19:33, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Tried a DIY haircut today...I now can't go out for a few weeks ...

Why? Are you so vain? Just go to a barber and get it repaired if you
have made that much of a tube of it. I promise very few people will
actually notice your hair, it is much more important to you than to
others (as long as it is not shaved on one side Uriah Heap on the other)

I always cut my own hair .
Just do a No1 all over, with trimmers. Well I am balding and 55 so I don't
really care if I muck it up, but with a pair of clippers taking it
that close there is not much that can go wrong

The clippers can die when you have done 30%

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2017-12-02, soup wrote:
On 30/11/2017 19:33, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Tried a DIY haircut today...I now can't go out for a few weeks ...

t. I promise very few people will
actually notice your hair,

Oh, I don't know. They will, after all, be pointing and laughing.

If he wears any badge or patch that identifies him as being involved
with Amateur Radio they will just think his haircut is part of the
normal "uniform" of weirdness and social dysfunction that seems
afflict many in that hobby.
Train spotters with microphones.

G.Harman
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2017-12-02, soup wrote:
On 30/11/2017 19:33, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Tried a DIY haircut today...I now can't go out for a few weeks ...

t. I promise very few people will
actually notice your hair,

Oh, I don't know. They will, after all, be pointing and laughing.

If he wears any badge or patch that identifies him as being involved
with Amateur Radio

No such animal. And its amateur radio.

they will just think his haircut is part of the normal
"uniform" of weirdness and social dysfunction that
seems afflict many in that hobby.
Train spotters with microphones.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"soup" wrote in message
On 30/11/2017 19:33, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Tried a DIY haircut today...I now can't go out for a few weeks ...

Why? Are you so vain? Just go to a barber and get it repaired if you
have made that much of a tube of it. I promise very few people will
actually notice your hair, it is much more important to you than to
others (as long as it is not shaved on one side Uriah Heap on the other)

I always cut my own hair .
Just do a No1 all over, with trimmers. Well I am balding and 55 so I don't
really care if I muck it up, but with a pair of clippers taking it
that close there is not much that can go wrong

I always notice hair and especial wigs even expensive ones .......

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2017-12-02, soup wrote:
On 30/11/2017 19:33, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Tried a DIY haircut today...I now can't go out for a few weeks ...

t. I promise very few people will
actually notice your hair,

Oh, I don't know. They will, after all, be pointing and laughing.

If he wears any badge or patch that identifies him as being involved
with Amateur Radio they will just think his haircut is part of the
normal "uniform" of weirdness and social dysfunction that seems
afflict many in that hobby.
Train spotters with microphones.

G.Harman

very true the hobby just attracts weirdoes ........

I always went anonymouse to rallies have to say poofter mike tomlinkinson
thought I smelled but his nose had been too near to his boyfriends arse the
night before.......

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2017-12-02, soup wrote:
On 30/11/2017 19:33, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Tried a DIY haircut today...I now can't go out for a few weeks ...

t. I promise very few people will
actually notice your hair,

Oh, I don't know. They will, after all, be pointing and laughing.

If he wears any badge or patch that identifies him as being involved
with Amateur Radio

No such animal. And its amateur radio.

hammy mens call it amature radio coz they are stoopid ......

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 03 Dec 2017 10:47:11 +0000, Jim GM4DHJ in the Radio Shack ....
wrote:

very true the hobby just attracts weirdoes ........

I always went anonymouse to rallies have to say poofter mike
tomlinkinson thought I smelled but his nose had been too near to his
boyfriends arse the night before.......

You can always count on at least one weirdo with an anorak and terrible
BO to turn up at every rally.