Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Don't touch that knee

On Tuesday, 14 November 2017 21:21:46 UTC, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 12/11/2017 20:33, pamela wrote:
On 16:58 12 Nov 2017, Tim Streater wrote:

In article , pamela
wrote:

We're living in a kind of golden age right now. If Brexit goes
ahead then we will have more expensive goods,

Why?

a slump in the pound

Why?

more immigrants from other continents

Why?

difficulty exporting

Why?

shortages of some imported goods

Why?

and less money for health, policing, pensions, and general
welfare.

Why?

Wake up and follow the news some time. It will tell you what's
happening..... and what's forecast. Enlightenment beckons.

I do follow the news. In this part of the world (East Anglia) there are
serious concerns about a shortage of temporary agricultural workers
owing to the drop in immigrants.

we had that problem too in that the country wouldn't survive if we didn't force kids of 10 to work down the pits.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
I do follow the news. In this part of the world (East Anglia) there
are serious concerns about a shortage of temporary agricultural
workers owing to the drop in immigrants.

we had that problem too in that the country wouldn't survive if we
didn't force kids of 10 to work down the pits.

Then we need the Thatcher way. Simply close down all the farms if you
can't get the workforce for what you're prepared to pay. After all you can
buy food from anywhere in the world easily..

--
*I'm not a paranoid, deranged millionaire. Dammit, I'm a billionaire.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 15 November 2017 14:41:53 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
I do follow the news. In this part of the world (East Anglia) there
are serious concerns about a shortage of temporary agricultural
workers owing to the drop in immigrants.

we had that problem too in that the country wouldn't survive if we
didn't force kids of 10 to work down the pits.

Then we need the Thatcher way.

So how did we manage getting coal out of pits without 10 year-olds ?

Simply close down all the farms if you
can't get the workforce for what you're prepared to pay.

The reasons they can;t get the workforce is because it;s not a full time job and there;s no career prospets, but UKers do go to teh EU and fruit and vegatable pick there in a similar way. Maybe they should try doing what they do in the EU for attracting foreign pickers. In that yuo have a job you' know you'll, have a job next year and teh year after it will be for a month or two as my friends the budders know, they see mostly the same people their for a few years.

Do you think they fruit pick in the EU, maybe you should find out how they go about it and do the same here, that's how I would do things if I owned a farm, I do know of one where a friend goes and picks friut and veg and even olives in sussex.

After all you can
buy food from anywhere in the world easily..

So who picks the fruit in those countries ?
How is it managed ?