Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default eternal-september down

does anyone know any more ?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
NotReallyMyName wrote:
does anyone know any more ?

It's OK here.

--
*How about "never"? Is "never" good for you?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

All I can say is that it has messages this dooes not have and vice versa,
whiich leads me to believe that both have been flaky recently.
I blame the net cops.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"NotReallyMyName" wrote in message
does anyone know any more ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
NotReallyMyName wrote:
does anyone know any more ?

It's OK here.

It's working within its own little world

it's not receiving messages from other servers (or propagating messages to
those servers)

#tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Â* NotReallyMyName wrote:
does anyone know any more ?

It's OK here.

It's working within its own little world

it's not receiving messages from other servers (or propagating messages
to those servers)

#tim

Yep I can't see the original post NotReallyMyName or Brian Gaffs reply
on eternal-september and can't see tim... or Dave on AstraWeb.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Â* NotReallyMyName wrote:
does anyone know any more ?

It's OK here.

It's working within its own little world

it's not receiving messages from other servers (or propagating
messages to those servers)

#tim

Yep I can't see the original post NotReallyMyName or Brian Gaffs reply
on eternal-september and can't see tim... or Dave on AstraWeb.

That's good - it means that I can tell at a glance who uses eternal
september.

/Pollyanna

Posted to uk.d-i-y

GB submitted this idea :
That's good - it means that I can tell at a glance who uses eternal
september.

/Pollyanna

Working here, but yes I am missing those same posts too.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/10/2017 09:09, NotReallyMyName wrote:
does anyone know any more ?

For those who don't read e-s.support, Ray Banana has posted in response
to some earlier suggestions what appears to translate as:

"At the moment, all the posts sent via E-S are going via seti @ home.
No signs of intelligence have yet been found."

A later post which purports to come from him offers:

"Yesterday around noon the feeder server became completely
unresponsive. I informed the technical support of my hoster who promised
to look after the server immediately.

Obviously, this hoster has set up a new business model that
includes selling silver,gold, and platinum SLAs for up to twice the
price of a server. Normal support now seems to be much slower than
before, presumably in order to promote the new SLAs

The server is currently running in recovery mode, so it's alive again,
but not yet functional. Hopefully, the server will be back to normal
operation later this evening, depending on the results of the tests I'm
running right now.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience."

But I prefer the earlier explanation

--
Robin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman wrote:

NotReallyMyName wrote:

does anyone know any more ?

It's OK here.

But I think it was running in its own little bubble, it's just coughed
up 100+ articles, so probably joined up with the rest of the world again ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

You hum a few bars and I might recognise the tune.
Brian

--
----- -