Posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Default Collision detection

On Thu, 12 Oct 2017 12:26:44 +0100
Tim Streater wrote:
In article , wrote:

And lets be honest, they do look a damn site nicer plus the sleeper cabs are
actually worthy of the name rather than just being a cramped cupboard with

some
bunks in which is the best you'll get with euro trucks.

No they don't, they look stupid. Plus not only is there the wasted

Well its a matter of personal taste. Frankly I think euro trucks look fugly
from any angle.

space where they seem to want to put the engine, there's usually a

Locating the engine under a proper bonnet means you don't have to tip up the
entire cab to do maintenance. Imagine if you want to change the plugs on your
car and had to lift up the entire body first before you could do it? A pretty
stupid and impractical scenario you have to admit. We used to have bonneted
trucks here in the UK back in the day before presumably various length
regulations killed them off.

****load of wasted space *behind* the cab, too, before you reach the
trailer.

Yes, I never really understood the point of that either.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Streater wrote:
In article , wrote:

[...]

What about the cost of ferry crossings with a longer vehicle ?
Posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On 10/12/2017 5:32 AM, Tim Streater wrote:

Yankee trucks waste so much space on the road.

What would you do with all that space that is wasted? Once it is
recovered, perhaps we can cut a few miles out of the middle of the
country and make it more narrow. No reason to have it 3000 miles wide.

Drive from say, Denver CO to Phoenix AZ in one of your rigs, then one of
ours and let us know your choice.

Posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

wrote:

In article , wrote:

And lets be honest, they do look a damn site nicer plus the sleeper cabs are
actually worthy of the name rather than just being a cramped cupboard with some
bunks in which is the best you'll get with euro trucks.

No they don't, they look stupid. Plus not only is there the wasted
space where they seem to want to put the engine, there's usually a
****load of wasted space *behind* the cab, too, before you reach the
trailer.

Deive both across the continebt and then tell me which is the
"better" design. The long wheelbase "conventional" is a much more
comfortable and capable transcontinental truck - while the euro style
COE is better for intown deliveries and tooting around winding
back-country lanes - which is why "different horses for different
courses" comes into play.
Posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Thu, 12 Oct 2017 08:39:42 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 10/12/2017 5:32 AM, Tim Streater wrote:

Yankee trucks waste so much space on the road.

What would you do with all that space that is wasted? Once it is
recovered, perhaps we can cut a few miles out of the middle of the
country and make it more narrow. No reason to have it 3000 miles wide.

Drive from say, Denver CO to Phoenix AZ in one of your rigs, then one of
ours and let us know your choice.

Ir New Jersry to San Diego - or Halifax to Vancouver.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Streater wrote:
In article , wrote:

[...]

You dont get one of those is you plan to do many ferry crossings, stupid.

Posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

James Wilkinson Sword posted for all of us...

Tim Streater wrote:
In article , wrote:

And lets be honest, they do look a damn site nicer plus the sleeper cabs are
actually worthy of the name rather than just being a cramped cupboard with
some
bunks in which is the best you'll get with euro trucks.

No they don't, they look stupid. Plus not only is there the wasted

Well its a matter of personal taste. Frankly I think euro trucks look fugly
from any angle.

space where they seem to want to put the engine, there's usually a

Locating the engine under a proper bonnet means you don't have to tip up the
entire cab to do maintenance. Imagine if you want to change the plugs on your
car and had to lift up the entire body first before you could do it?

Plus having a great big engine just under your feet is kinda worrying.

What does this have to do with the topic "collision detection" ?

--
Tekkie

Posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Tim Streater wrote:
In article , wrote:

[...]

What about not deleting 2 of the newsgroups so two thirds of the audience can't see your reply?

What does this have to do with the topic "collision detection" ?

--
Tekkie
Posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Fri, 13 Oct 2017 21:30:31 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire
wrote:
James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Fri, 13 Oct 2017 19:52:40 +0100, Tekkie®
wrote:
posted for all of us...

On Thu, 12 Oct 2017 16:52:23 -0400
wrote:
On Thu, 12 Oct 2017 13:48:59 +0000 (UTC),

wrote:
I get all that, but in north america the trailer kingpins seem
to be right on the end of the trailers instead of inset
somewhat as they are here in the UK. Having an inset pin also
reduces the chance of jackknifing plus it reduces the overall
length and makes the trailer easier to manouveur.
Another BIG issue is load distribution - getting the truck
loaded and adjusted so no axle is overloaded. "spread" spreads
the load more evenly over the road - and adjustable trailer
axles and adjustable fifth wheel position is VERY common on
North American highway rigs. Moving the fith wheel a foot can
REALLY change the axle loading of the tractor, and moving the
trailer axles also has a HUGE sffect

Fair point. In the UK/EU AFAIK all normal trailer kingpins are in
fixed positions and the axles certainly are.

What does this have to do with the topic "collision detection" ?

**** off.

We all wish you would Birdbrain, the well known clown of news groups.

PKB.

Is that is the best that you can do. PKB ff..
Your insanity is legend on news groups. You are a very well known ******.
People take the **** out of every post that you make.
You are a well known fool, a tosser, a pillock, a stupid unemployable
sponging failure who will always live alone and will die alone. You will not
be missed.

Posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Default Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL), the Sociopathic Attention Whore

On Sat, 14 Oct 2017 01:16:32 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

FLUSH the sick idiot's incredible sick ****

--
More from Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) strange sociopathic
world:

Posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Fri, 13 Oct 2017 14:56:53 -0400, Tekkie®
wrote:

Locating the engine under a proper bonnet means you don't have to tip up the
entire cab to do maintenance. Imagine if you want to change the plugs on your
car and had to lift up the entire body first before you could do it?

Plus having a great big engine just under your feet is kinda worrying.

What does this have to do with the topic "collision detection" ?

This topic is being crossposted to three newsgroups, two from the UK
one from the US, I don't if the OP started it that way as he is a well
known trolling loon who has been in my idiot bucket for years but that
doesn't alter the fact that you as a Yank are in the minority and as
you lot were happy to **** off in the 1770's feel free to to do it
again and ignore any further discussions instead of just Squawking the
the words " "collision detection" with montonous regularity as if you
are one of the OPs Parrots trained in the phrase.

G.Harman

Posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y

James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Tue, 17 Oct 2017 11:33:16 +0100, wrote:

On Tue, 17 Oct 2017 11:11:42 +0100
wrote:
On Tue, 17 Oct 2017 09:20:58 +0000 (UTC),
wrote:

To allow for the worst case of "tilt and swing"[1] I believe.

[1]The angle the tractor unit can tilt and swing in respect to the
trailer before it contacts said trailer.

Huh? If the tractor has contacted the trailer other than through
the 5th wheel then the whole rig has already jackknifed. If you're
talking about manouvering in a tight yard then the shorter length
of an EU tractor is a lot more useful than minor increase max
angle which even for an EU unit is probably around 100-120 degrees
at a guess.

Would North American conditions sometimes require more tilt or in
other words a greater degree of articulation the vertical plane for
example in going over some their level/ grade crossings which in
some places are far from level.

I doubt they're any more severe than some of the humps and bumps of
roads around the UK.

Speed bumps in the UK are criminal. They destroy suspension, they
**** up the wheel balancing and tracking, therefore costing motorists
money and making the cars on the road unsafe. They also cause damage
to the spines of the occupants of the car, especially if they're
elderly or disabled. They also make it more dangerous to drive along
the road, as the cars are bounced up in the air (even if you're not
speeding), drastically reducing traction. And they often put bumps
on corners!

Not in my experience, this is because I slow down as sensible people do and
I can afford a decent car. You, being on the dole can't afford a decent car
and never will do.
Carry on being the joke of usenet.
Prick.

Posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y

James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

wrote:

[...]

My neighbour has a decent car, and he slows to about 5mph to go over
them (which he shouldn't have to since it's a 20mph or 30mph speed
limit). He still breaks his suspension. Stop being so ignorant and
ask any mechanic if they got more business when speedbumps were
installed.

More lies from the dole claiming dirty little ******.
I have not has a replacement suspension unit fitted in 20 years.
So, You stop being so ignorant ya stupid pikey law breaking pillock and
learn how to drive a car.

Posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y

James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Depends where you drive. How many bumps do you traverse per day?

For the past two years about 40 per day. My suspension is fine. I don't
drive a lump of **** as you do.

And there is no way to drive over a bump without damaging the car. I
go double the limit over the bumps, my neighbour goes a quarter of
the limit, we both get the same damage.

What a fool you really are.

And why do you agree that it's ok for the council to criminally
damage the spines of the disabled? Do you have a phobia of disabled
people?

Where did I say that?
What a fool you really are.
I'm off soon, but thanks for providing us with the latest Phucker laugh of
the day.

Posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y

wrote in message news
wrote:

[...]

Dunno, one of the odder things about that soggy little frigid
island is that there are **** all dirt roads used by semis.

Seriously??

Yep, they don’t even have many dirt roads used by cars either.

What do you think happens on farms

**** all of them have any semis showing up at
them and the ones that do don’t have dirt roads.

and in forests?

**** all of them in that soggy little frigid island anymore.

Yes, amazingly we do have livestock and logging over here.

**** all of the livestock moved using semis on dirt roads.

Perhaps you should get yourself a passport and visit sometime.

Don’t need to, we have this funky system called street view now.

Posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed" wrote:
Dunno, one of the odder things about that soggy little frigid
island is that there are **** all dirt roads used by semis.

Seriously??

Yep, they don’t even have many dirt roads used by cars either.

Well you're wrong, but I wouldn't expect you to know that being the dumb
yank you apparently are.

What do you think happens on farms

**** all of them have any semis showing up at
them and the ones that do don’t have dirt roads.

I guess you think we still walk livestock to market here do you?

Perhaps you should get yourself a passport and visit sometime.

Don’t need to, we have this funky system called street view now.

Unsurprisingly google don't take their cars down many farm or forest roads.

Incidentaly fix your ****ing newsreader to stop it inserting 92 instead of
a proper single quote. Its ascii FFS.

Posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed" wrote:
Dunno, one of the odder things about that soggy little frigid
island is that there are **** all dirt roads used by semis.

Seriously??

Yep, they don’t even have many dirt roads used by cars either.

Well you're wrong, but I wouldn't expect you to
know that being the dumb yank you apparently are.

Don’t live anywhere near there, thanks.

What do you think happens on farms

**** all of them have any semis showing up at
them and the ones that do don’t have dirt roads.

I guess you think we still walk livestock to market here do you?

Nope, just don’t use semis, use smaller trucks with those places.

Perhaps you should get yourself a passport and visit sometime.

Don’t need to, we have this funky system called street view now.

Unsurprisingly google don't take their cars down many farm or forest
roads.

You can still see the start of them and see if they are dirt roads or not.

Posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed" wrote:
Dunno, one of the odder things about that soggy little frigid
island is that there are **** all dirt roads used by semis.

Seriously??

Yep, they don’t even have many dirt roads used by cars either.

Well you're wrong, but I wouldn't expect you to
know that being the dumb yank you apparently are.

Don’t live anywhere near there, thanks.

Doesn't really matter if your a skippy or a kiwi either, you still don't
know what you're talking about.

What do you think happens on farms

**** all of them have any semis showing up at
them and the ones that do don’t have dirt roads.

I guess you think we still walk livestock to market here do you?

Nope, just don’t use semis, use smaller trucks with those places.

It depends on how much stock the farmer has. Some can transport sheep in a
tow trailer behind a 4x4, others have to use these:

http://assets.fwi.co.uk/7308989-livestock-lorry-rex.jpg
http://l7.alamy.com/zooms/4a47299578...e-float-drivin
g-through-a-disinfected-bath-at-the-bakewell-dbec2b.jpg

There are plenty more if you'd had the wit to search.

Unsurprisingly google don't take their cars down many farm or forest
roads.

You can still see the start of them and see if they are dirt roads or not.

Right, because the tarmac never runs out. I suggest you have a look at the
satellite images of Kielder where theres a lot of logging or maybe up in
scotland. I know, lets look for somewhere where logging happens and the
tarmac ends:

https://goo.gl/maps/aLjG9z7eamB2

Btw, you're newsreader is still broken but since you can't even use google
I doubt you'll ever have the wit to fix its locale.

Posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed" wrote:
Dunno, one of the odder things about that soggy little frigid
island is that there are **** all dirt roads used by semis.

Seriously??

Yep, they don’t even have many dirt roads used by cars either.

Well you're wrong, but I wouldn't expect you to
know that being the dumb yank you apparently are.

Don’t live anywhere near there, thanks.

Doesn't really matter if your a skippy or a kiwi either,
you still don't know what you're talking about.

We'll see, gutless.

What do you think happens on farms

**** all of them have any semis showing up at
them and the ones that do don’t have dirt roads.

I guess you think we still walk livestock to market here do you?

Nope, just don’t use semis, use smaller trucks with those places.

It depends on how much stock the farmer has.

Nope, it depends on what the road can handle.

**** all of them use those on DIRT roads, ****wit.

http://l7.alamy.com/zooms/4a47299578...ell-dbec2b.jpg

Not a DIRT road in sight, ****wit.

all the rest of your even sillier **** flushed here it belongs