Posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Mr Pounder Esquire Mr Pounder Esquire is offline

Default Collision detection

James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Fri, 13 Oct 2017 21:30:31 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire
wrote:
James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Fri, 13 Oct 2017 19:52:40 +0100, Tekkie®
wrote:
posted for all of us...

On Thu, 12 Oct 2017 16:52:23 -0400
wrote:
On Thu, 12 Oct 2017 13:48:59 +0000 (UTC),

wrote:
I get all that, but in north america the trailer kingpins seem
to be right on the end of the trailers instead of inset
somewhat as they are here in the UK. Having an inset pin also
reduces the chance of jackknifing plus it reduces the overall
length and makes the trailer easier to manouveur.
Another BIG issue is load distribution - getting the truck
loaded and adjusted so no axle is overloaded. "spread" spreads
the load more evenly over the road - and adjustable trailer
axles and adjustable fifth wheel position is VERY common on
North American highway rigs. Moving the fith wheel a foot can
REALLY change the axle loading of the tractor, and moving the
trailer axles also has a HUGE sffect

Fair point. In the UK/EU AFAIK all normal trailer kingpins are in
fixed positions and the axles certainly are.

What does this have to do with the topic "collision detection" ?

**** off.

We all wish you would Birdbrain, the well known clown of news groups.

PKB.

Is that is the best that you can do. PKB ff..
Your insanity is legend on news groups. You are a very well known ******.
People take the **** out of every post that you make.
You are a well known fool, a tosser, a pillock, a stupid unemployable
sponging failure who will always live alone and will die alone. You will not
be missed.