Posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y
Mr Pounder Esquire Mr Pounder Esquire is offline

Default Collision detection

James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Tue, 17 Oct 2017 20:09:14 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire
wrote:
James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Tue, 17 Oct 2017 19:07:08 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire
wrote:
James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Tue, 17 Oct 2017 11:33:16 +0100, wrote:

On Tue, 17 Oct 2017 11:11:42 +0100
wrote:
On Tue, 17 Oct 2017 09:20:58 +0000 (UTC),

wrote:

To allow for the worst case of "tilt and swing"[1] I believe.

[1]The angle the tractor unit can tilt and swing in respect to
the trailer before it contacts said trailer.

Huh? If the tractor has contacted the trailer other than
through the 5th wheel then the whole rig has already
jackknifed. If you're talking about manouvering in a tight
yard then the shorter length of an EU tractor is a lot more
useful than minor increase max angle which even for an EU unit
is probably around 100-120 degrees at a guess.

Would North American conditions sometimes require more tilt or
in other words a greater degree of articulation the vertical
plane for example in going over some their level/ grade
crossings which in some places are far from level.

I doubt they're any more severe than some of the humps and bumps
of roads around the UK.

Speed bumps in the UK are criminal. They destroy suspension, they
**** up the wheel balancing and tracking, therefore costing
motorists money and making the cars on the road unsafe. They also
cause damage to the spines of the occupants of the car, especially
if they're elderly or disabled. They also make it more dangerous
to drive along the road, as the cars are bounced up in the air
(even if you're not speeding), drastically reducing traction. And
they often put bumps on corners!

Not in my experience, this is because I slow down as sensible
people do and I can afford a decent car. You, being on the dole
can't afford a decent car and never will do.
Carry on being the joke of usenet.
Prick.

My neighbour has a decent car, and he slows to about 5mph to go over
them (which he shouldn't have to since it's a 20mph or 30mph speed
limit). He still breaks his suspension. Stop being so ignorant
and ask any mechanic if they got more business when speedbumps were
installed.

More lies from the dole claiming dirty little ******.
I have not has a replacement suspension unit fitted in 20 years.
So, You stop being so ignorant ya stupid pikey law breaking pillock
and learn how to drive a car.

Depends where you drive. How many bumps do you traverse per day?

For the past two years about 40 per day. My suspension is fine. I don't
drive a lump of **** as you do.

And there is no way to drive over a bump without damaging the car. I
go double the limit over the bumps, my neighbour goes a quarter of
the limit, we both get the same damage.

What a fool you really are.

And why do you agree that it's ok for the council to criminally
damage the spines of the disabled? Do you have a phobia of disabled
people?

Where did I say that?
What a fool you really are.
I'm off soon, but thanks for providing us with the latest Phucker laugh of
the day.