Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Collision detection

"fred" wrote in message
On Thursday, October 12, 2017 at 12:36:08 PM UTC+1,
wrote:
On Thu, 12 Oct 2017 12:26:44 +0100
Tim Streater wrote:
In article , wrote:

And lets be honest, they do look a damn site nicer plus the sleeper
cabs are
actually worthy of the name rather than just being a cramped cupboard
with
some
bunks in which is the best you'll get with euro trucks.

No they don't, they look stupid. Plus not only is there the wasted

Well its a matter of personal taste. Frankly I think euro trucks look
fugly
from any angle.

space where they seem to want to put the engine, there's usually a

Locating the engine under a proper bonnet means you don't have to tip up
the
entire cab to do maintenance. Imagine if you want to change the plugs on
your
car and had to lift up the entire body first before you could do it? A
pretty
stupid and impractical scenario you have to admit. We used to have
bonneted
trucks here in the UK back in the day before presumably various length
regulations killed them off.

****load of wasted space *behind* the cab, too, before you reach the
trailer.

Yes, I never really understood the point of that either.

What about the cost of ferry crossings with a longer vehicle ?

You dont get one of those is you plan to do many ferry crossings, stupid.