Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Mr.Clutch?

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 10/10/17 21:17, Vir Campestris wrote:
In article ,
Roger Hayter wrote:
You're reading the very opposite of what I wrote. Specifically, let
the clutch fully in and accelerate with maximal throttle up to the rev
limit in 1st. I think you will spin the wheels.

I'd love to hear of any road car that will do this on a good surface in a
straight line. Likely none, as it would be extremely dangerous, and the
maker would be sued in the US.

Every 2 litre FWD car I've ever driven would do it.

Andy

#iopes even my 1967 Bedford van ould do it. Up to about 1mph

Classic example of Turnip not understanding a thread. But then any fool
can spin a wheel on most vehicles.

--
*Change is inevitable ... except from vending machines *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
eah. I test drine a Jaguar XKR which didnt have the traditional lSD.
When I took it back the guy said 'how to fo like it?'

I said 'It stops well from 130mph, but I dont like the way the inside
rear wheel lifts on a fast corner - it cuts all power'.

It's a safety feature for poor drivers like you. With an LSD you'd have
spun it and crashed.

--
*WHY IS IT CALLED TOURIST SEASON IF WE CAN'T SHOOT AT THEM?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/10/2017 22:49, Roger Hayter wrote:
Good point! I'd forgotten everything has traction control nowadays.

I've never driven a car with traction control. But then, I haven't
bought a car since 2001... I like the one I have.

Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

So just which car without traction control did this? It would be slated in
a press report as being dangerous.

Ford Mondeo, Vauxhall Cavalier, Nissan Primera are the ones I've owned.
You know, obscure niche cars...

Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Vir Campestris wrote:
So just which car without traction control did this? It would be
slated in a press report as being dangerous.

Ford Mondeo, Vauxhall Cavalier, Nissan Primera are the ones I've owned.
You know, obscure niche cars...

They would all spin their wheels on a good surface dry road in a straight
line after the clutch was fully home?

Very odd none of the road tests ever mentioned this.

--
*I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Ryobi Strimmer? Clutch or no clutch? john UK diy 4 April 13th 05 07:56 AM
Drill's Clutch Torque Setting? [email protected] Home Repair 8 January 12th 05 02:49 AM
Dyson DC04 clutch Wainscotting UK diy 4 January 1st 05 05:54 PM
Clutch master cylinder rebuild kits? Gunner Metalworking 49 August 17th 04 02:11 AM
Replacing clutch on cordless drill? Chris Woodworking 3 September 30th 03 06:50 PM