Default Drill's Clutch Torque Setting?

I just bought a new Panasonic cordless drill & driver (the EY6432)
which has an adjustable Clutch Torque Setting. That's just about all
the owner's manual tells me, that it's there. Can someone explain how I
would utilize this adjustable clutch torque in a real-world setting?
Thanks.

-Fleemo

Wayne Boatwright

On Mon 10 Jan 2005 09:59:28p, tittered and giggled, and giggled and
tittered, and finally blurted out...

I just bought a new Panasonic cordless drill & driver (the EY6432)
which has an adjustable Clutch Torque Setting. That's just about all
the owner's manual tells me, that it's there. Can someone explain how I
would utilize this adjustable clutch torque in a real-world setting?
Thanks.

-Fleemo

I use the variable torque to prevent overdriving screws and stripping out the
material they're driven into.

Wayne
Edwin Pawlowski

wrote in message
oups.com...
I just bought a new Panasonic cordless drill & driver (the EY6432)
which has an adjustable Clutch Torque Setting. That's just about all
the owner's manual tells me, that it's there. Can someone explain how I
would utilize this adjustable clutch torque in a real-world setting?
Thanks.

-Fleemo

There are no hard and fast rules. You set the clutch to drive the screw to
the depth you need and not break the head or strip it. It varies with screw
size, screw material, pilot hole size, wood type, etc. You'll quickly find
out with a little trial and error.

I bought a Panasonic drill last year. Nice tool.

Kim

wrote in message
oups.com...
I just bought a new Panasonic cordless drill & driver (the EY6432)
which has an adjustable Clutch Torque Setting. That's just about all
the owner's manual tells me, that it's there. Can someone explain how I
would utilize this adjustable clutch torque in a real-world setting?
Thanks.

-Fleemo

Other than the clutch adjustment as noted by everyone above, you could use
the drill as a super manual screw driver - the clutch lock is a such a
useful feature that no other drill has.

SteveB

wrote in message
oups.com...
I just bought a new Panasonic cordless drill & driver (the EY6432)
which has an adjustable Clutch Torque Setting. That's just about all
the owner's manual tells me, that it's there. Can someone explain how I
would utilize this adjustable clutch torque in a real-world setting?
Thanks.

-Fleemo

This is a setting that quits turning a thingus before it either strips out
or breaks. You can do two things. Set it full on, and back off until it
quits stripping or breaking the thinguses. I prefer to set it lower, then
increase it until it drives the fastener as tight and to the depth I want
it. As you learn the tool, you will remember the different settings for
different things. Remember, start low, and come up on the settings.

Steve

Ahh, makes sense to me now.
Thank you all for your input. I do appreciate it.

-Fleemo

SteveB

wrote in message
ups.com...
Ahh, makes sense to me now.
Thank you all for your input. I do appreciate it.

-Fleemo

Ahh, you're a smart guy. You would have figgered it out, you just wouda
stripped and twisted off a few more screws. You will still do this. Just
listen for when it starts creaking or chattering. That's usually when they
go "bink".

Steve

Edwin Pawlowski

"SteveB" wrote in message

Just listen for when it starts creaking or chattering. That's usually
when they go "bink".

Steve

Thanks for the reminder, Steve. Don't use cheap screws. Don't use drywall
screws when you should be using wood screws or they will go "bink" quickly.
I also like the square drive screws too.