Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Eternal September showing IP address

Since today's "reconfiguration",
Eternal September headers now show the posting-host header in plain
text.

One or two posters ain't gonna like that.
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/09/2017 20:25, Graham. wrote:

Since today's "reconfiguration",
Eternal September headers now show the posting-host header in plain
text.

One or two posters ain't gonna like that.

Conversely a lot of them are - as has already been exemplified elsewhere
in the uk. heirarchy. A solar storm is coming!

--
Poo
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Really? I thought this was always the case since the debarkle over the old
Norwegian Annon servers got excommunicated back in the late 90s.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Graham." wrote in message

Since today's "reconfiguration",
Eternal September headers now show the posting-host header in plain
text.

One or two posters ain't gonna like that.
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote

Really? I thought this was always the case since the debarkle over the old
Norwegian Annon servers got excommunicated back in the late 90s.

Nope. NIN has never shown it and still doesn’t.

"Graham." wrote in message

Since today's "reconfiguration",
Eternal September headers now show the posting-host header in plain
text.

One or two posters ain't gonna like that.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Graham. wrote:

Since today's "reconfiguration",
Eternal September headers now show the posting-host header in plain
text.

One or two posters ain't gonna like that.

Just looked at a header of one posted today, and not obvious?

--
*Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Graham. wrote:

Since today's "reconfiguration",
Eternal September headers now show the posting-host header in plain
text.

One or two posters ain't gonna like that.

Just looked at a header of one posted today, and not obvious?

Ignore that. Forgot I changed to posting via AIOE.

--
*Pentium wise, pen and paper foolish *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Definitive reply below
PS impossible to post via ES at the moment.

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/eter...w/hSaBw7CKAAAJ
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2017-09-06, Graham wrote:

Since today's "reconfiguration",
Eternal September headers now show the posting-host header in plain
text.

One or two posters ain't gonna like that.

Tough titty. The information was never secret.

Says the man with XNA:Y
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/09/17 12:23, Graham. wrote:
Definitive reply below
PS impossible to post via ES at the moment.

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/eter...w/hSaBw7CKAAAJ
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%

testing posting via ES

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/09/17 04:13, Tjoepstil wrote:
On 06/09/17 12:23, Graham. wrote:
Definitive reply below
PS impossible to post via ES at the moment.

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/eter...w/hSaBw7CKAAAJ

--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%

testing posting via ES

seems to be all back now

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2017-09-06, Graham wrote:

Since today's "reconfiguration",
Eternal September headers now show the posting-host header in plain
text.

One or two posters ain't gonna like that.

Tough titty. The information was never secret.

Says the man with XNA:Y

Well done. I haven't seen anyone miss the point so spectacularly for a
long, long, time.

pretty sure that nntp posting isnt showing up ip addresses.

e.g.

private property.

Karl Marx

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2017-09-06, Graham wrote:

Since today's "reconfiguration",
Eternal September headers now show the posting-host header in plain
text.

One or two posters ain't gonna like that.

Tough titty. The information was never secret.

Says the man with XNA:Y

Well done. I haven't seen anyone miss the point so spectacularly for a
long, long, time.

pretty sure that nntp posting isnt showing up ip addresses.

e.g.

Mine was showing host names for a few hours yesterday. Gone now. I think.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2017-09-06, Graham wrote:

Since today's "reconfiguration",
Eternal September headers now show the posting-host header in plain
text.

One or two posters ain't gonna like that.

Tough titty. The information was never secret.

Says the man with XNA:Y

Well done. I haven't seen anyone miss the point so spectacularly for a
long, long, time.

pretty sure that nntp posting isnt showing up ip addresses.

e.g.

Mine was showing host names for a few hours yesterday. Gone now. I think.

I assumed that was posting via a website.

Ive been runing several test identies on serval machines and as long as
I used port 119 straight into nntpd it seemed to show no ip address.

or condoning; the full, exact, specific meaning of collectivism, of its
logical implications, of the principles upon which it is based, and of
the ultimate consequences to which these principles will lead. They must
face it, then decide whether this is what they want or not.

Ayn Rand.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2017-09-06, Graham wrote:

Since today's "reconfiguration",
Eternal September headers now show the posting-host header in plain
text.

One or two posters ain't gonna like that.

Tough titty. The information was never secret.

Says the man with XNA:Y

Well done. I haven't seen anyone miss the point so spectacularly for a
long, long, time.

pretty sure that nntp posting isnt showing up ip addresses.

e.g.

Mine was showing host names for a few hours yesterday. Gone now. I
think.

I assumed that was posting via a website.

I have SeaMonkey going out via ES on port 119. A few posts had a host
name in the headers, but they don't now. I assume their new server
needed (and may still need, judging by my error messages) some tweaking.

Ive been runing several test identies on serval machines and as long as
I used port 119 straight into nntpd it seemed to show no ip address.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 07 Sep 2017 13:34:53 +0100, Dan S. MacAbre wrote:

eb93cfef45d03a*21f7bf

is part of the injection-info so may well be you IPv6 addrss of the
actual machine you are posting from ...

I've munged it with an * just in case it is the actual address of a real
machine

Avpx

--
In the Beginning It was a nice day.
(Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman,

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 07 Sep 2017 13:03:24 +0000, The Nomad wrote:

On Thu, 07 Sep 2017 13:34:53 +0100, Dan S. MacAbre wrote:

eb93cfef45d03a*21f7bf

is part of the injection-info so may well be you IPv6 addrss of the
actual machine you are posting from ...

I've munged it with an * just in case it is the actual address of a real
machine

Avpx

OK it's not - I think ...

Just checked the headers of my reply (above) and the 'IPv6 looking' info
is not the machine I am sitting at so ... ?

Disregard - nothing to see here

Avpx

Blast that .sig monster I do wish it wouldn't keep being relevant :-)

--
"I mean are we talking Thicko City here or what?"
Gaspode the wonder dog