Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default reader80.eternal-september.org offline?

reader80.eternal-september.org

Has it been offline for much of today please, I have been unable to
connect at all?

Obviously back on now..
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/09/17 17:55, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
reader80.eternal-september.org

Has it been offline for much of today please, I have been unable to
connect at all?

Obviously back on now..

ES is a cluster**** right now. Not as much as Barclays online
stockbrokers but close.

twenty-first centurys developed world went into hysterical panic over a
globally average temperature increase of a few tenths of a degree, and,
on the basis of gross exaggerations of highly uncertain computer
projections combined into implausible chains of inference, proceeded to
contemplate a rollback of the industrial age.

Richard Lindzen
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield wrote:
reader80.eternal-september.org

Has it been offline for much of today please, I have been unable to
connect at all?

Obviously back on now..

From their home page

The old reader server news.eternal-september.org had to be replaced by
new hardware just before the scheduled replacement date. The new server
is up and running, DNS changes are underway. The new server is called
reader.eternal-september.org, but will also be available under the usual
name as soon as the DNS changes have fully propagated.

*Currently, connections on port 80 and 443 are not available yet.*

These will be available again soon. The new server has an SSL
certificate for both reader.eternal-september.org and
news.eternal-september.org. UUCP connectivity is currently not
available, but will be re-established tomorrow.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/09/2017 14:55, Dan S. MacAbre wrote:
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
reader80.eternal-september.org

Has it been offline for much of today please, I have been unable to
connect at all?

Obviously back on now..

From their home page

The old reader server news.eternal-september.org had to be replaced by
new hardware just before the scheduled replacement date. The new server
is up and running, DNS changes are underway. The new server is called
reader.eternal-september.org, but will also be available under the usual
name as soon as the DNS changes have fully propagated.

*Currently, connections on port 80 and 443 are not available yet.*

These will be available again soon. The new server has an SSL
certificate for both reader.eternal-september.org and
news.eternal-september.org. UUCP connectivity is currently not
available, but will be re-established tomorrow.

And leaking posters' ip addresses like a sieve.

--
Poo.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 5 Sep 2017 19:55:27 +0100, Dan S. MacAbre wrote:

Harry Bloomfield wrote:
reader80.eternal-september.org

Has it been offline for much of today please, I have been unable to
connect at all?

Obviously back on now..

From their home page

The old reader server news.eternal-september.org had to be replaced by
new hardware just before the scheduled replacement date. The new server
is up and running, DNS changes are underway. The new server is called
reader.eternal-september.org, but will also be available under the usual
name as soon as the DNS changes have fully propagated.

*Currently, connections on port 80 and 443 are not available yet.*

These will be available again soon. The new server has an SSL
certificate for both reader.eternal-september.org and
news.eternal-september.org. UUCP connectivity is currently not
available, but will be re-established tomorrow.

563 worked still. I only tried it just in case.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away