Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Lots of people using news.eternal-september.org?

I posted something via news.eternal-september.org this morning that's never
showed up, and there have been no new articles on that server all day long.
I'm on my astraweb account right now, and there is some activity, but only
about a dozen posts from today, and my post from this morning isn't there either...

--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/9/2011 10:13 PM, Steve Turner wrote:
I posted something via news.eternal-september.org this morning that's never
showed up, and there have been no new articles on that server all day long. I'm
on my astraweb account right now, and there is some activity, but only about a
dozen posts from today, and my post from this morning isn't there either...

And what the hell? Now the article I just posted (and ONLY that article) shows
up on my news.eternal-september.org account! I'm cornfused...

--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bbqboyee/
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 09 Dec 2011 22:13:10 -0600, Steve Turner
wrote:

I posted something via news.eternal-september.org this morning that's never
showed up, and there have been no new articles on that server all day long.
I'm on my astraweb account right now, and there is some activity, but only
about a dozen posts from today, and my post from this morning isn't there either...

Sometimes you get what you pay for. I dropped them a long time ago
for the same thing you've just experienced.
Posted to rec.woodworking

In news Ed Pawlowski typed:
wrote:

I posted something via news.eternal-september.org this
morning that's never
showed up, and there have been no new articles on that
server all day long.
I'm on my astraweb account right now, and there is some
activity, but only
about a dozen posts from today, and my post from this
morning isn't there either...

Sometimes you get what you pay for. I dropped them a
long time ago for the same thing you've just experienced.

Interesting; never had even a hint of a problem with them. aioe on the other
hand ...

HTH,

Twayne`

Posted to rec.woodworking

In news Ed typed:
wrote:

I posted something via news.eternal-september.org this
morning that's never
showed up, and there have been no new articles on that
server all day long.
I'm on my astraweb account right now, and there is some
activity, but only
about a dozen posts from today, and my post from this
morning isn't there either...

Sometimes you get what you pay for. I dropped them a
long time ago for the same thing you've just experienced.

Interesting; never had even a hint of a problem with them. aioe on the other
hand ...

Never tried aioe, rarely have a problem with eternal-september, but at the
price I'm paying I can't complain. And for whatever reason, this morning all
seems well, and the post I sent yesterday morning has now magically appeared.

--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bbqboyee/

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/9/2011 11:13 PM, Steve Turner wrote:
I posted something via news.eternal-september.org this morning that's
never showed up, and there have been no new articles on that server all
day long. I'm on my astraweb account right now, and there is some
activity, but only about a dozen posts from today, and my post from this
morning isn't there either...

Are you sure your outgoing server sent the mail to E-S? All sorts of
things can go wrong on the way to and from the mail box:-) Personally,
I've nary a problemo with the free E-S, despite claims of "you get what
you pay for..."

I did once send a picture via paid for Astraweb to ABPO that everyone
got, but I didn't get it back. Not sure what happened there, but, since
it only happened once, I'm not going to worry about it.

I get more from free E-S than I got from "free" Giganews when comcast
carried that for "free" Actually Giganews seemed fine, it was Comcast
that would break.

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 10 Dec 2011 03:58:37 -0500, Morgans wrote:

Try aioe.org. Never had a delay with them.

Ditto.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/10/2011 12:35 PM, Jack wrote:
[...]

Update on E-S. As of this afternoon, I can download the headers and the
messages. However, when I try to send a message to e-s, I initially
get a failure sever not available. Then I click get new messages and
then send the message goes through.