Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default New sauna problems

Wired in OK, but mains in is only showing 3VAC.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyrszQZWEAEbCbU.jpg
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 02/12/2016 15:56, Simon Mason wrote:
Wired in OK, but mains in is only showing 3VAC.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyrszQZWEAEbCbU.jpg

Either you haven't got 240v on the other end of that cable or there's a
high resistance somewhere in the circuit. My guess is a bad connection
or a break in the cable.

Why are there so many more neutral conductors than live ones?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 2 December 2016 16:41:33 UTC, GB wrote:
On 02/12/2016 15:56, Simon Mason wrote:
Wired in OK, but mains in is only showing 3VAC.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyrszQZWEAEbCbU.jpg

Either you haven't got 240v on the other end of that cable or there's a
high resistance somewhere in the circuit. My guess is a bad connection
or a break in the cable.

Why are there so many more neutral conductors than live ones?

The left one is E, then 2x N and 3x L to power different elements according to desired output wattage.

What I think is the problem is a control box is in the way that acts as a thermostat, so I am going to have to bypass it, even though it worked with the last heater.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 02/12/2016 16:47, Simon Mason wrote:
On Friday, 2 December 2016 16:41:33 UTC, GB wrote:
On 02/12/2016 15:56, Simon Mason wrote:
Wired in OK, but mains in is only showing 3VAC.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyrszQZWEAEbCbU.jpg

Either you haven't got 240v on the other end of that cable or there's a
high resistance somewhere in the circuit. My guess is a bad connection
or a break in the cable.

Why are there so many more neutral conductors than live ones?

The left one is E, then 2x N and 3x L to power different elements according to desired output wattage.

I was talking about the number of strands in the cable. It looks like
you've broken some of the conductors in the cable.

What I think is the problem is a control box is in the way that acts as a thermostat, so I am going to have to bypass it, even though it worked with the last heater.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

GB wrote:

Simon Mason wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyrszQZWEAEbCbU.jpg

I was talking about the number of strands in the cable. It looks like
you've broken some of the conductors in the cable.

Look closer, they're behind a black separator.
Strain relief? he's heard of it ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 2 December 2016 17:16:42 UTC, Andy Burns wrote:
GB wrote:

Simon Mason wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyrszQZWEAEbCbU.jpg

I was talking about the number of strands in the cable. It looks like
you've broken some of the conductors in the cable.

Look closer, they're behind a black separator.
Strain relief? he's heard of it ...

They're two safety cut off devices.
Looks like this now.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CysEHyJWEAI3Ea0.jpg
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 02/12/2016 17:17, Andy Burns wrote:
GB wrote:

Simon Mason wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyrszQZWEAEbCbU.jpg

I was talking about the number of strands in the cable. It looks like
you've broken some of the conductors in the cable.

Look closer, they're behind a black separator.

Really? I can only see two strands on the live. Not that it really matters.

Strain relief? he's heard of it ...

The earth is unshielded. It's next to the neutral, but it's not unheard
of for live and neutral to get swapped.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

GB wrote:

Simon Mason wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyrszQZWEAEbCbU.jpg

I was talking about the number of strands in the cable. It looks like
you've broken some of the conductors in the cable.

Look closer, they're behind a black separator.
Strain relief? he's heard of it ...

They're two safety cut off devices.
Looks like this now.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CysEHyJWEAI3Ea0.jpg

Good grief! Are you seriously proposing to get into that?

Or are you planning to murder someone but get off with just gross
negligence manslaughter?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

GB wrote:

Simon Mason wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyrszQZWEAEbCbU.jpg

I was talking about the number of strands in the cable. It looks like
you've broken some of the conductors in the cable.

Look closer, they're behind a black separator.
Strain relief? he's heard of it ...

They're two safety cut off devices.
Looks like this now.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CysEHyJWEAI3Ea0.jpg

Good grief! Are you seriously proposing to get into that?

Or are you planning to murder someone but get off with just gross
negligence manslaughter?

Well, today I have just calibrated a 28MHz vertical, relit my gas boiler, wired in a new sauna and fitted a new hifi but I only have a Chemistry degree.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

GB wrote:

Simon Mason wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyrszQZWEAEbCbU.jpg

I was talking about the number of strands in the cable. It looks like
you've broken some of the conductors in the cable.

Look closer, they're behind a black separator.
Strain relief? he's heard of it ...

They're two safety cut off devices.
Looks like this now.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CysEHyJWEAI3Ea0.jpg

Good grief! Are you seriously proposing to get into that?

Or are you planning to murder someone but get off with just gross
negligence manslaughter?

Mason is a complete idiot & won't listen, don't waste your breath.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 02/12/2016 15:56, Simon Mason wrote:
Wired in OK, but mains in is only showing 3VAC.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyrszQZWEAEbCbU.jpg

That is a different usage of the word OK to the one I am familiar with.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/12/2016 18:21, ARW wrote:
On 02/12/2016 15:56, Simon Mason wrote:
Wired in OK, but mains in is only showing 3VAC.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyrszQZWEAEbCbU.jpg

That is a different usage of the word OK to the one I am familiar with.

Is he one of your first week apprentices?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

GB wrote:

Simon Mason wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyrszQZWEAEbCbU.jpg

I was talking about the number of strands in the cable. It looks
like you've broken some of the conductors in the cable.

Look closer, they're behind a black separator.
Strain relief? he's heard of it ...

They're two safety cut off devices.
Looks like this now.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CysEHyJWEAI3Ea0.jpg

Good grief! Are you seriously proposing to get into that?

Or are you planning to murder someone but get off with just gross
negligence manslaughter?

Well, today I have just calibrated a 28MHz vertical, relit my gas
boiler, wired in a new sauna and fitted a new hifi but I only have a
Chemistry degree.

Simon:
I do not have a degree, but even I with my failing eyesight can do a tidier
job than that.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Simon Mason was thinking very hard :
Well, today I have just calibrated a 28MHz vertical, relit my gas boiler,
wired in a new sauna and fitted a new hifi but I only have a Chemistry
degree.

....and your lack of competance is really outstanding.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo om,
dennis@home.? escribió:

Is he one of your first week apprentices?

I think even Adam's first week apprentices could do a better job.
Blindfolded and off their head on drugs.

With a bit of luck Mason will soon auto-darwinate and we'll get some
peace in the NG.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) systemd: the Linux version of Windows 10

Posted to uk.d-i-y

GB wrote:

Simon Mason wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyrszQZWEAEbCbU.jpg

I was talking about the number of strands in the cable. It looks
like you've broken some of the conductors in the cable.

Look closer, they're behind a black separator.
Strain relief? he's heard of it ...

They're two safety cut off devices.
Looks like this now.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CysEHyJWEAI3Ea0.jpg

Good grief! Are you seriously proposing to get into that?

Or are you planning to murder someone but get off with just gross
negligence manslaughter?

Well, today I have just calibrated a 28MHz vertical, relit my gas
boiler, wired in a new sauna and fitted a new hifi but I only have a
Chemistry degree.

Simon:
I do not have a degree, but even I with my failing eyesight can do a tidier
job than that.

Maybe he's more sensible than you and goes for function over form? That wiring is perfectly fine, it's just not pretty enough for a woman.

--
Q. What did the sign on the door of the whorehouse say?
A. Beat it - we're closed.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

GB wrote:

Simon Mason wrote:

[...]

It is not functioning.
The wiring is a disgrace, good enough for you, but not for most who have
commented.
Just what does that tell you?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

GB wrote:

Simon Mason wrote:

[...]

Says who?

The wiring is a disgrace, good enough for you, but not for most who have
commented.
Just what does that tell you?

That the group is full of females. If it works, it's fine.

--
The cost of living hasn't affected its popularity.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 2 December 2016 19:18:36 UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

It is not functioning.
The wiring is a disgrace, good enough for you, but not for most who have
commented.
Just what does that tell you?

IT'S NOT BLOODY FINISHED YET.

The job has stopped as my multimeter has a flat PP3.

Another blown junction box found.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CysgnYtW8AEdNVp.jpg
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 02 Dec 2016 19:43:19 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:

On Friday, 2 December 2016 19:18:36 UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

It is not functioning.
The wiring is a disgrace, good enough for you, but not for most who have
commented.
Just what does that tell you?

IT'S NOT BLOODY FINISHED YET.

The job has stopped as my multimeter has a flat PP3.

You have no spare PP3s?

Another blown junction box found.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CysgnYtW8AEdNVp.jpg

Why was the sauna supply not adequately fused?

--
What's the difference between a naked white woman and a naked black woman?
One's on the cover of Playboy and the other's on the cover of National Geographic.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Simon Mason used his keyboard to write :
Another blown junction box found.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CysgnYtW8AEdNVp.jpg

and, what does that tell you?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The job has stopped as my multimeter has a flat PP3.

You have no spare PP3s?

Only in the smoke alarm.

Why was the sauna supply not adequately fused?

It is wired directly from the fuse box before the fuses.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 02/12/2016 19:43, Simon Mason wrote:
On Friday, 2 December 2016 19:18:36 UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

It is not functioning.
The wiring is a disgrace, good enough for you, but not for most who have
commented.
Just what does that tell you?

IT'S NOT BLOODY FINISHED YET.

The job has stopped as my multimeter has a flat PP3.

Another blown junction box found.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CysgnYtW8AEdNVp.jpg

You need a digital multimeter with a text display that says

"Cow's **** of a job"

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/12/2016 17:53, Simon Mason wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CysEHyJWEAI3Ea0.jpg

Good grief! Are you seriously proposing to get into that?

Or are you planning to murder someone but get off with just gross
negligence manslaughter?

Well, today I have just calibrated a 28MHz vertical, relit my gas boiler, wired in a new sauna and fitted a new hifi but I only have a Chemistry degree.

Judging by the way you have connected that t&e cable .. I'd stick to
chemistry. No physical restraint, no gland to prevent chaffing ... even
a grommet would help. and you are going to mix water & electric
elements together ... hmmmm
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 2 December 2016 20:32:52 UTC, rick wrote:
On 02/12/2016 17:53, Simon Mason wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CysEHyJWEAI3Ea0.jpg

Good grief! Are you seriously proposing to get into that?

Or are you planning to murder someone but get off with just gross
negligence manslaughter?

Well, today I have just calibrated a 28MHz vertical, relit my gas boiler, wired in a new sauna and fitted a new hifi but I only have a Chemistry degree.

Judging by the way you have connected that t&e cable .. I'd stick to
chemistry. No physical restraint, no gland to prevent chaffing ... even
a grommet would help. and you are going to mix water & electric
elements together ... hmmmm

The water turns to steam as soon as it hits the rocks.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

rick wrote:
chemistry. No physical restraint, no gland to prevent chaffing ... even

Chaffing eh? That's a joke! :-)

--
Chris Green
·
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 02 Dec 2016 20:23:48 -0000, ARW wrote:

On 02/12/2016 19:43, Simon Mason wrote:
On Friday, 2 December 2016 19:18:36 UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

It is not functioning.
The wiring is a disgrace, good enough for you, but not for most who have
commented.
Just what does that tell you?

IT'S NOT BLOODY FINISHED YET.

The job has stopped as my multimeter has a flat PP3.

Another blown junction box found.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CysgnYtW8AEdNVp.jpg

You need a digital multimeter with a text display that says

"Cow's **** of a job"

Somebody will be along to post a photo of that patio you did shortly.

--
gods don't smite people anymore because people of many different religions now living in the same town.
No god wants to accidentally smite the wrong person and get sued by another god.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 02 Dec 2016 20:11:59 -0000, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Simon Mason used his keyboard to write :
Another blown junction box found.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CysgnYtW8AEdNVp.jpg

and, what does that tell you?

He forgot the fuse.

--
A man and his wife are ****ing.
Fifteen minutes has passed, 30 minutes, then 45 minutes.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 02 Dec 2016 20:20:30 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:

The job has stopped as my multimeter has a flat PP3.

You have no spare PP3s?

Only in the smoke alarm.

When I need a battery, I buy a pack of 5 or 10 or more. Then I don't have to buy them next time.

Why was the sauna supply not adequately fused?

It is wired directly from the fuse box before the fuses.

ROTFPMSL! Oh dear. Do you know what a fuse is for?

--
A man and his wife are ****ing.
Fifteen minutes has passed, 30 minutes, then 45 minutes.
Sweat is pouring off both of them.
The wife finally looks up and says, "What's the matter darling, can't you think of anyone else either?"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:
On 02/12/2016 19:43, Simon Mason wrote:
On Friday, 2 December 2016 19:18:36 UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

It is not functioning.
The wiring is a disgrace, good enough for you, but not for most who have
commented.
Just what does that tell you?

IT'S NOT BLOODY FINISHED YET.

The job has stopped as my multimeter has a flat PP3.

Another blown junction box found.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CysgnYtW8AEdNVp.jpg

You need a digital multimeter with a text display that says

"Cow's **** of a job"

Having spend yesterday morning dissecting out 15 "cows ****s" from a pile
of rectums, bladders and reproductive tracts, I think you're being a bit
unfair to cows. They're not *that* awful. ;-)

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 2 December 2016 20:12:00 UTC, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Simon Mason used his keyboard to write :
Another blown junction box found.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CysgnYtW8AEdNVp.jpg

and, what does that tell you?

People make rubbish saunas
Posted to uk.d-i-y

GB wrote:

Simon Mason wrote:

[...]

Simon sez: His post was not difficult the rest of us to understand.

The wiring is a disgrace, good enough for you, but not for most who
have commented.
Just what does that tell you?

That the group is full of females. If it works, it's fine.

Odd that the rest of the group think otherwise.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 02/12/2016 20:47, Tim+ wrote:

Having spend yesterday morning dissecting out 15 "cows ****s" from a pile
of rectums, bladders and reproductive tracts, I think you're being a bit
unfair to cows. They're not *that* awful. ;-)

Cows provide a good Sunday roast.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

GB wrote:

Simon Mason wrote:

[...]

He said it blew up and he repaired it. The photo is the new bit.

The wiring is a disgrace, good enough for you, but not for most who
have commented.
Just what does that tell you?

That the group is full of females. If it works, it's fine.

Odd that the rest of the group think otherwise.

Because they're weird folk.

--
How do you embarrass an archeologist?
Give him a used tampon and ask him which period it came from.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 02 Dec 2016 20:47:46 -0000, Tim+ wrote:

ARW wrote:
On 02/12/2016 19:43, Simon Mason wrote:
On Friday, 2 December 2016 19:18:36 UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

It is not functioning.
The wiring is a disgrace, good enough for you, but not for most who have
commented.
Just what does that tell you?

IT'S NOT BLOODY FINISHED YET.

The job has stopped as my multimeter has a flat PP3.

Another blown junction box found.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CysgnYtW8AEdNVp.jpg

You need a digital multimeter with a text display that says

"Cow's **** of a job"

Having spend yesterday morning dissecting out 15 "cows ****s" from a pile
of rectums, bladders and reproductive tracts, I think you're being a bit
unfair to cows. They're not *that* awful. ;-)

Are you one of those people like Pamela Anderson that does it with farm animals?

--
At Sunday school the teacher asked little Johnny, "Do you know where little boys and girls go when they do bad things?"
"Sure," little Johnny replied. "They go out in the back of the church yard."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 02 Dec 2016 20:49:22 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:

On Friday, 2 December 2016 20:12:00 UTC, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Simon Mason used his keyboard to write :
Another blown junction box found.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CysgnYtW8AEdNVp.jpg

and, what does that tell you?

People make rubbish saunas

How difficult would it have been to put a fuse in the circuit? All cable should have a fuse at the same rating or lower than the cable, then it won't catch fire.

--
A friend of mine suffers from verdigris. Goes green when looking down from a height!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 02 Dec 2016 21:06:01 -0000, ARW wrote:

On 02/12/2016 20:47, Tim+ wrote:

Having spend yesterday morning dissecting out 15 "cows ****s" from a pile
of rectums, bladders and reproductive tracts, I think you're being a bit
unfair to cows. They're not *that* awful. ;-)

Cows provide a good Sunday roast.

My cats like eating them but I find them disgusting.

--
I still say a church steeple with a lightning rod on top shows a lack of confidence. -- Doug McLeod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 2 December 2016 21:20:25 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Fri, 02 Dec 2016 20:49:22 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:

On Friday, 2 December 2016 20:12:00 UTC, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Simon Mason used his keyboard to write :
Another blown junction box found.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CysgnYtW8AEdNVp.jpg

and, what does that tell you?

People make rubbish saunas

How difficult would it have been to put a fuse in the circuit? All cable should have a fuse at the same rating or lower than the cable, then it won't catch fire.

There is the big ******* 50W main fuse of course.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 02 Dec 2016 21:36:30 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:

On Friday, 2 December 2016 21:20:25 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Fri, 02 Dec 2016 20:49:22 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:

On Friday, 2 December 2016 20:12:00 UTC, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Simon Mason used his keyboard to write :
Another blown junction box found.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CysgnYtW8AEdNVp.jpg

and, what does that tell you?

People make rubbish saunas

How difficult would it have been to put a fuse in the circuit? All cable should have a fuse at the same rating or lower than the cable, then it won't catch fire.

There is the big ******* 50W main fuse of course.

50 watts? I assume you meant amps. For most that's a 100 amp fuse, not 50. And is the wiring to the sauna capable of taking the 50/100 amps?

--
System error 4C: kernel panic
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:
On 02/12/2016 19:43, Simon Mason wrote:
On Friday, 2 December 2016 19:18:36 UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

It is not functioning.
The wiring is a disgrace, good enough for you, but not for most
who have commented.
Just what does that tell you?

IT'S NOT BLOODY FINISHED YET.

The job has stopped as my multimeter has a flat PP3.

Another blown junction box found.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CysgnYtW8AEdNVp.jpg

You need a digital multimeter with a text display that says

"Cow's **** of a job"

Having spend yesterday morning dissecting out 15 "cows ****s" from a
pile of rectums, bladders and reproductive tracts, I think you're
being a bit unfair to cows. They're not *that* awful. ;-)

Are you one of those people like Pamela Anderson that does it with
farm animals?

Good grief!
You are now very very close to being sectioned.
Read:
http://www.mind.org.uk/information-s...ut-sectioning/

Sauna Not Working trax Home Repair 5 April 27th 11 04:11 PM
Sauna flooring gas Home Repair 3 March 12th 08 12:45 PM
Sauna in the shower? Redneckbikerjedi Home Repair 8 July 9th 07 05:31 PM
A frugal sauna m Ransley Home Repair 4 January 7th 06 07:33 PM
DIY Sauna plans RedRed UK diy 4 June 6th 05 07:23 PM