Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default New sauna problems

On Saturday, 3 December 2016 20:20:14 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:

Don't be so ****ing daft, you replace the fuse yourself, just like any
other.

Someone who doesnt have any spare PP3
battery wont have a spare 50A fuse, stupid.

The whole multimeter was goosed, so I will have to buy a new one.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 03 Dec 2016 19:19:13 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:

On Saturday, 3 December 2016 11:46:23 UTC, dennis@home wrote:

Yes - here is my expert handiwork.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyvpxSVWEAANw4d.jpg

That's the fused side so either it isn't yours or you were making it up.

It was 16 years ago, so I must have wired in in properly after all.

ANYWAY - IT ALL WORKS OK NOW, SO OFF FOR SOME LOYLY SOON.

Strange things burnt up if it was fused correctly. Did you use cables and connectors rated at less then the fuse?

--
Customer explaining flooded car to insurance claim investigator:
"It didn't look that deep at first glance - it only came half way up the ducks."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 03 Dec 2016 20:17:27 -0000, Rod Speed wrote:

James Wilkinson Sword wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Simon Mason wrote

The job has stopped as my multimeter has a flat PP3.

You have no spare PP3s?

Only in the smoke alarm.

Why was the sauna supply not adequately fused?

It is wired directly from the fuse box before the fuses.

What a complete ****ing abortion.

A serious fault will take out the supply fuse and
the entire house will be without power until the
electricity supplier shows up and replaces that.

Don't be so ****ing daft, you replace the fuse yourself, just like any
other.

Someone who doesnt have any spare PP3
battery wont have a spare 50A fuse, stupid.

You can buy them on Ebay, or make do with fusewire until then.

--
I still say a church steeple with a lightning rod on top shows a lack of confidence. -- Doug McLeod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 03 Dec 2016 20:55:49 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:

On Saturday, 3 December 2016 20:20:14 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:

Don't be so ****ing daft, you replace the fuse yourself, just like any
other.

Someone who doesnt have any spare PP3
battery wont have a spare 50A fuse, stupid.

The whole multimeter was goosed, so I will have to buy a new one.

I'm surprised at anyone having only one multimeter. I think I have 5. You get one, then you get another so you can monitor two parts of a circuit at once, then you get a couple more for functions the first two don't have, or because you lost one, etc.

--
I had amnesia once -- or twice.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

news
wrote:

James Wilkinson Sword wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Simon Mason wrote

The job has stopped as my multimeter has a flat PP3.

You have no spare PP3s?

Only in the smoke alarm.

Why was the sauna supply not adequately fused?

It is wired directly from the fuse box before the fuses.

What a complete ****ing abortion.

A serious fault will take out the supply fuse and
the entire house will be without power until the
electricity supplier shows up and replaces that.

Don't be so ****ing daft, you replace the fuse yourself, just like any
other.

Someone who doesnt have any spare PP3
battery wont have a spare 50A fuse, stupid.

You can buy them on Ebay,

Even you should have noticed that the house is
going to be without power for a while till it arrives.

or make do with fusewire until then.

He's very unlikely indeed to have any 50A fusewire.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On Saturday, 3 December 2016 20:20:14 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:

Don't be so ****ing daft, you replace the fuse yourself, just like any
other.

Someone who doesnt have any spare PP3
battery wont have a spare 50A fuse, stupid.

The whole multimeter was goosed, so I will have to buy a new one.

I'm surprised at anyone having only one multimeter. I think I have 5.
You get one, then you get another so you can monitor two parts of a
circuit at once, then you get a couple more for functions the first two
don't have, or because you lost one, etc.

I got a Fluke 19 and its never died and I dont need more than one.

I'd like one I can use as a logger but havent found anything as
robust as the Fluke 19 that can do that for a reasonable price.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On Saturday, 3 December 2016 11:46:23 UTC, dennis@home wrote:

Yes - here is my expert handiwork.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyvpxSVWEAANw4d.jpg

That's the fused side so either it isn't yours or you were making it
up.

It was 16 years ago, so I must have wired in in properly after all.

ANYWAY - IT ALL WORKS OK NOW, SO OFF FOR SOME LOYLY SOON.

Strange things burnt up if it was fused correctly.
Did you use cables and connectors rated at less then the fuse?

YES.

Abortion after abortion after abortions. Some scorpio you turned out to be.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 03 Dec 2016 22:07:05 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:

On Saturday, 3 December 2016 21:00:19 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Sat, 03 Dec 2016 19:19:13 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:

On Saturday, 3 December 2016 11:46:23 UTC, dennis@home wrote:

Yes - here is my expert handiwork.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyvpxSVWEAANw4d.jpg

That's the fused side so either it isn't yours or you were making it up.

It was 16 years ago, so I must have wired in in properly after all.

ANYWAY - IT ALL WORKS OK NOW, SO OFF FOR SOME LOYLY SOON.

Strange things burnt up if it was fused correctly. Did you use cables and connectors rated at less then the fuse?

YES.

Well something failed....

--
Went to the pub with my girlfriend last night.
Locals were shouting "paedophile!" and other names at me, just because my girlfriend is 21 and I'm 50.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 3 December 2016 22:36:13 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Sat, 03 Dec 2016 22:07:05 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:

On Saturday, 3 December 2016 21:00:19 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Sat, 03 Dec 2016 19:19:13 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:

On Saturday, 3 December 2016 11:46:23 UTC, dennis@home wrote:

Yes - here is my expert handiwork.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyvpxSVWEAANw4d.jpg

That's the fused side so either it isn't yours or you were making it up.

It was 16 years ago, so I must have wired in in properly after all.

ANYWAY - IT ALL WORKS OK NOW, SO OFF FOR SOME LOYLY SOON.

Strange things burnt up if it was fused correctly. Did you use cables and connectors rated at less then the fuse?

YES.

Well something failed....

I'm putting brand new cabling in today and I also see that I have used £700 of free leccy so far!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 3 Dec 2016 11:19:13 -0800 (PST), Simon Mason
wrote:

On Saturday, 3 December 2016 11:46:23 UTC, dennis@home wrote:

Yes - here is my expert handiwork.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyvpxSVWEAANw4d.jpg

That's the fused side so either it isn't yours or you were making it up.

It was 16 years ago, so I must have wired in in properly after all.

Why does the RHS fuse appear to be burnt/melted?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 3 Dec 2016 20:51:36 -0800 (PST), Simon Mason
wrote:

[...]

Crikey - you'll soon be really well off.

You'll probably soon have so much money that you won't need to get another job
and you will be able to enjoy early retirement. I suppose you will have to get
a life first.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On Saturday, 3 December 2016 11:46:23 UTC, dennis@home wrote:

Yes - here is my expert handiwork.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyvpxSVWEAANw4d.jpg

That's the fused side so either it isn't yours or you were making it up.

It was 16 years ago, so I must have wired in in properly after all.

Why does the RHS fuse appear to be burnt/melted?

Because it's a 30A holder and he wired in something heavier?

--
They say Confucius does his crosswords with a pen.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

He's quite odd, I've never heard of anyone getting a job for anything except money. There are so many things you can do with your time apart from working.

--
Exersize: the act of removing excess baggage
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 04 Dec 2016 04:51:36 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:

[...]

Are you going to use the right fuse this time?

Are you connecting it before the fusebox, after the fusebox, or before the meter?

--
FIGHT BACK! Fill out your tax forms with Roman numerals.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 4 December 2016 13:00:06 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

I'm putting brand new cabling in today and I also see that I have used £700 of free leccy so far!

Are you going to use the right fuse this time?

I already did in 2000.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyvpxSVWEAANw4d.jpg

Are you connecting it before the fusebox, after the fusebox, or before the meter?

After the above fuse and I using this timer to turn it on/off.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cy1knnkXgAAVG5c.jpg

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Strange things burnt up if it was fused correctly. Did you use
cables and connectors rated at less then the fuse?

YES.

Well something failed....

I'm putting brand new cabling in today and I also see that I have
used £700 of free leccy so far!

Crikey - you'll soon be really well off.

You'll probably soon have so much money that you won't need to get
another job
and you will be able to enjoy early retirement. I suppose you will
have to get
a life first.

He's quite odd, I've never heard of anyone getting a job for anything
except money. There are so many things you can do with your time apart
from working.

Lots of retired people get a part time job because they are bored or if
widowed.....to meet people.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 04 Dec 2016 13:58:55 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:

On Sunday, 4 December 2016 13:00:06 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

I'm putting brand new cabling in today and I also see that I have used £700 of free leccy so far!

Are you going to use the right fuse this time?

I already did in 2000.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyvpxSVWEAANw4d.jpg

So why did things melt? You must have had wire that couldn't handle what the fuse could.

Are you connecting it before the fusebox, after the fusebox, or before the meter?

After the above fuse and I using this timer to turn it on/off.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cy1knnkXgAAVG5c.jpg

--
Muslims have gone on the rampage in Manchester, killing anyone who's English. Police fear the death toll could be as high as 8 or 9.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 04 Dec 2016 14:32:00 -0000, Bod wrote:

Strange things burnt up if it was fused correctly. Did you use
cables and connectors rated at less then the fuse?

YES.

Well something failed....

I'm putting brand new cabling in today and I also see that I have
used £700 of free leccy so far!

Crikey - you'll soon be really well off.

You'll probably soon have so much money that you won't need to get
another job
and you will be able to enjoy early retirement. I suppose you will
have to get
a life first.

He's quite odd, I've never heard of anyone getting a job for anything
except money. There are so many things you can do with your time apart
from working.

Lots of retired people get a part time job because they are bored or if
widowed.....to meet people.

Plenty hobbies, or you can join clubs to meet folk, without having to work. Most old people I know who are bored go bowling, bingo, whatever.

--
Testicle (n.), a humorous question on an exam.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

Every person is different. Some like to work.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 4 Dec 2016 14:32:00 +0000, Bod wrote:

He's quite odd, I've never heard of anyone getting a job for anything
except money. There are so many things you can do with your time apart
from working.

Lots of retired people get a part time job because they are bored or if
widowed.....to meet people.

Or to get away from their partners.
Couples who have been happily married for years and raised a family
find that being together 24 hours a day with no independent outside
interests can get tedious leading to arguments .
You get similar with people who have worked away for much of their
lives such as Military and Merchant navy personnel, Hubby retires and
rather than just spending a few weeks at home on leave which was a
break of routine for the wife as well find that the Wife who actually
has managed to run a home and look after the Children for the time of
his career doesn't actually need him ordering her around as if he was
still in charge of a Tanker.
The chap I knew was over 70 before he finally retired , it's quite
late in life to fall out with your wife.

G.Harman
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 04 Dec 2016 14:47:54 -0000, Bod wrote:

[...]

They're called nutters.

--
Decafalon (n.): The grueling event of getting through the day consuming only things that are good for you.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 4 December 2016 14:47:54 UTC, Bod wrote:

Plenty hobbies, or you can join clubs to meet folk, without having to
work. Most old people I know who are bored go bowling, bingo, whatever.

Every person is different. Some like to work.

I have 40 years of experience to pass onto the millennials, old fogeys don't need me to show them how to play bingo.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 4 December 2016 16:30:40 UTC, wrote:
On Sun, 4 Dec 2016 14:32:00 +0000, Bod wrote:

The chap I knew was over 70 before he finally retired , it's quite
late in life to fall out with your wife.

Spot on - I can't focus on a job at home without our lass telling me how it should be done when really she has no clue at all.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 04 Dec 2016 18:19:51 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:

On Sunday, 4 December 2016 16:30:40 UTC, wrote:
On Sun, 4 Dec 2016 14:32:00 +0000, Bod wrote:

The chap I knew was over 70 before he finally retired , it's quite
late in life to fall out with your wife.

Spot on - I can't focus on a job at home without our lass telling me how it should be done when really she has no clue at all.

Maybe you should do things that you can both enjoy?

--
Is it just a coincidence that Christianity and insanity end with the same letters?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 4 December 2016 18:56:08 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Sun, 04 Dec 2016 18:19:51 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:

On Sunday, 4 December 2016 16:30:40 UTC, wrote:
On Sun, 4 Dec 2016 14:32:00 +0000, Bod wrote:

The chap I knew was over 70 before he finally retired , it's quite
late in life to fall out with your wife.

Spot on - I can't focus on a job at home without our lass telling me how it should be done when really she has no clue at all.

Maybe you should do things that you can both enjoy?

Walking on the Moors, that's it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Yes.

I've never heard of anyone getting a job for anything except money.

Then you need to get out more, BAD.

There are so many things you can do with your time apart from working.

Sure, but some do prefer the work situation because it can involve
a lot more people than most mix with every day, and access to a
lot more equipment than many can afford to have at home too.

I have always been in the fortunate position that some
have been stupid enough to pay me very well to do
what I would have been very happy to do for free.

And have always done a lot more than just what I did at
work too, most obviously with designing and building
the house from scratch on a bare block of land.

But I know quite a few who just don't have enough that
interests them to fill their time after they have retired
too and they hate being retired. Plenty who love it too.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 4 Dec 2016 10:19:51 -0800 (PST), Simon Mason
wrote:

On Sunday, 4 December 2016 16:30:40 UTC, wrote:
On Sun, 4 Dec 2016 14:32:00 +0000, Bod wrote:

The chap I knew was over 70 before he finally retired , it's quite
late in life to fall out with your wife.

Spot on - I can't focus on a job at home without our lass telling me how it should be done when really she has no clue at all.

Was it her who wired the kitchen and the sauna?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 4 Dec 2016 05:58:55 -0800 (PST), Simon Mason
wrote:

On Sunday, 4 December 2016 13:00:06 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

I'm putting brand new cabling in today and I also see that I have used £700 of free leccy so far!

Are you going to use the right fuse this time?

I already did in 2000.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyvpxSVWEAANw4d.jpg

Are you connecting it before the fusebox, after the fusebox, or before the meter?

After the above fuse and I using this timer to turn it on/off.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cy1knnkXgAAVG5c.jpg

Are you going to get a competent electrician in to replace that old wiring?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

Some don't have any that interest them.

or you can join clubs to meet folk,

Nothing like as interesting as work for many.

without having to work.

Some enjoy work.

Most old people I know who are bored bowling, bingo, whatever.

None of that **** interests me at all.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
[...]

Just happened to a mate of mine. Corse both had previously
been married to someone else 40+ years before.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 04 Dec 2016 19:32:30 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:

On Sunday, 4 December 2016 18:56:08 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Sun, 04 Dec 2016 18:19:51 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:

On Sunday, 4 December 2016 16:30:40 UTC, wrote:
On Sun, 4 Dec 2016 14:32:00 +0000, Bod wrote:

The chap I knew was over 70 before he finally retired , it's quite
late in life to fall out with your wife.

Spot on - I can't focus on a job at home without our lass telling me how it should be done when really she has no clue at all.

Maybe you should do things that you can both enjoy?

Walking on the Moors, that's it.

Sex?

--
"Boy, will I give YOU a haircut!" said Tom barbarously.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On Sunday, 4 December 2016 16:30:40 UTC, wrote:
On Sun, 4 Dec 2016 14:32:00 +0000, Bod wrote:

The chap I knew was over 70 before he finally retired , it's quite
late in life to fall out with your wife.

Spot on - I can't focus on a job at home without our lass telling me how it should be done when really she has no clue at all.

Was it her who wired the kitchen and the sauna?

She distracted him with sexual advances.

--
Never play leapfrog with a unicorn!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On Sunday, 4 December 2016 13:00:06 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

I'm putting brand new cabling in today and I also see that I have used £700 of free leccy so far!

Are you going to use the right fuse this time?

I already did in 2000.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyvpxSVWEAANw4d.jpg

Are you connecting it before the fusebox, after the fusebox, or before the meter?

After the above fuse and I using this timer to turn it on/off.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cy1knnkXgAAVG5c.jpg

Are you going to get a competent electrician in to replace that old wiring?

Electricity isn't complicated enough for someone to hire someone to do it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

Nope, quite a few find work much more interesting hobbies.

Not just skilled work either, most managers don't get to manage
much at all once retired and if you are into that sort of thing it
isnt hard to see why plenty prefer to work than to not work.

And the other factor with work is that you get to do stuff that
is completely unaffordable when not working too. If you are
into organising the construction of big bridges or airports etc,
you don't get to do anything like that big when not working.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On Sunday, 4 December 2016 16:30:40 UTC, wrote:
On Sun, 4 Dec 2016 14:32:00 +0000, Bod wrote:

The chap I knew was over 70 before he finally retired , it's quite
late in life to fall out with your wife.

Spot on - I can't focus on a job at home without our lass telling me how
it should be done when really she has no clue at all.

Maybe you should do things that you can both enjoy?

He does, most obviously with the travel.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 4 December 2016 20:59:58 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

Walking on the Moors, that's it.

Sex?

I will be working on my new boss - might earn me a few brownie points as well.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On Sunday, 4 December 2016 16:30:40 UTC, wrote:
On Sun, 4 Dec 2016 14:32:00 +0000, Bod wrote:

The chap I knew was over 70 before he finally retired , it's quite
late in life to fall out with your wife.

Spot on - I can't focus on a job at home without our lass telling me
how it should be done when really she has no clue at all.

Maybe you should do things that you can both enjoy?

Walking on the Moors, that's it.

No it isnt, you both enjoy travel.

Or do you force her to come as the pack animal to lug
your suitcase full of dinosaur wrong tool for the job **** ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 4 December 2016 21:10:10 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
Simon Mason wrote
Bod wrote

Plenty hobbies, or you can join clubs to meet folk, without having to
work. Most old people I know who are bored go bowling, bingo, whatever.

Every person is different. Some like to work.

I have 40 years of experience to pass onto the millennials,
old fogeys don't need me to show them how to play bingo.

They do need you to show them how not to commit suicide tho.

When they get body shamed on Twitter and want to top themselves, I can show them how it's done.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 04 Dec 2016 21:22:13 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:

On Sunday, 4 December 2016 20:59:58 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

Walking on the Moors, that's it.

Sex?

I will be working on my new boss - might earn me a few brownie points as well.

!!

--
Love conquers all, except in tennis.

Sauna Not Working trax Home Repair 5 April 27th 11 04:11 PM
Sauna flooring gas Home Repair 3 March 12th 08 12:45 PM
Sauna in the shower? Redneckbikerjedi Home Repair 8 July 9th 07 05:31 PM
A frugal sauna m Ransley Home Repair 4 January 7th 06 07:33 PM
DIY Sauna plans RedRed UK diy 4 June 6th 05 07:23 PM