The Natural Philosopher

Default IMM fodder

John Rumm wrote:

Ben Blaney wrote:

Or maybe my memory is playing up, but I could have sworn the IMF had
to bail out the Calleghan government as a result of the complete
horlicks they made of the economy...

There was slightly more to it than you imply.

I appreciate that - was just keeping it simple for IMM - complex
explanations seem to go straight over his head. ;-)

Typical laber votah then.

"Vote us in and we will give you lots of free sweeties and tackle those
nasty school prefects and teachers who think that just because they are
older and smarter than you that gves them the right to tell you not to
throw stones at passing cars"

Ashley Stevens

Default Hutton, the real facts.

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Its patently obvious what happened.

You sound just like Tony Blair now....
The Natural Philosopher

Ashley Stevens wrote:

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Its patently obvious what happened.

You sound just like Tony Blair now....

Yes, but the difference is that I actually looked at the evidence, and
drew a conclusion, whlst the evidence showed that he arrived at a
conclusion, and doctored the evidence.

Andy Hall

On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 11:07:18 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

Ashley Stevens wrote:

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Its patently obvious what happened.

You sound just like Tony Blair now....

Yes, but the difference is that I actually looked at the evidence, and
drew a conclusion, whlst the evidence showed that he arrived at a
conclusion, and doctored the evidence.

Yours seemed a reasonable one as well, although I would have included
that it's not clear that a third party was not involved as opposed to
suicide. In a manner of speaking, a third party was.......

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
IMM

Ashley Stevens wrote:

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Its patently obvious what happened.

You sound just like Tony Blair now....

Yes, but the difference is that I actually looked at the evidence, and
drew a conclusion, whlst the evidence showed that he arrived at a
conclusion, and doctored the evidence.

Yoiu telling porkies now.

IMM

"PoP" wrote in message
On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 23:23:58 +0000, John Rumm
wrote:

For the benefit of our readers we are proud to present the:

IMM to English Dictionary (concise edition)

You forgot the constant reference to the Vicar of Dibley, a TV program
to which he seems besotted, and which he firmly believes a number of
our active forum community are role players within.

I'm sure you belly laugh at this programme.

IMM

John Rumm wrote:

Ben Blaney wrote:

Or maybe my memory is playing up, but I could have sworn the IMF had
to bail out the Calleghan government as a result of the complete
horlicks they made of the economy...

There was slightly more to it than you imply.

I appreciate that - was just keeping it simple for IMM - complex
explanations seem to go straight over his head. ;-)

Typical laber votah then.

"Vote us in and we will give you lots of free sweeties and tackle those
nasty school prefects and teachers who think that just because they are
older and smarter than you that gves them the right to tell you not to
throw stones at passing cars"

LOL, such fun this snotty uni stuff.

Dave Plowman

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Typical laber votah then.

"Vote us in and we will give you lots of free sweeties and tackle those
nasty school prefects and teachers who think that just because they are
older and smarter than you that gves them the right to tell you not to
throw stones at passing cars"

I'd suggest you talk to a few teachers about which party f**ked about with
education the most...

--
*Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now *

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn
John Rumm

PoP wrote:

For the benefit of our readers we are proud to present the:

IMM to English Dictionary (concise edition)

You forgot the constant reference to the Vicar of Dibley, a TV program
to which he seems besotted, and which he firmly believes a number of
our active forum community are role players within.

True - but I did pick up on that in antother part of the thread though....

I wonder which VoD character most resembles IMM? no no no I mean yes....

--
Cheers,

John.

jusuk

IMM wrote in message

Ashley Stevens wrote:

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Its patently obvious what happened.

You sound just like Tony Blair now....

Yes, but the difference is that I actually looked at the evidence, and
drew a conclusion, whlst the evidence showed that he arrived at a
conclusion, and doctored the evidence.

Yoiu telling porkies now.

Finally something I can read in 5 minutes that tells me most of the
important facts in this thing.

I suppose the question remains; If they didn't go to war because of a threat
or to help the Iraquis, why did they? It is pretty obvious who the main
protagonist of this war was, George Bush. It seems just as obvioyus that he
asked his 'old pal' Tony to give the war a bit of legitimacy with at least
one other (major?) nation's troops involved. The question remains what did
Tony and Co. get in return? What did they sell our soldiers lives for, and
the lives of thousands of Iraquis? Too cynical? Maybe.

---

Neil Jones

"IMM" wrote in message
Every Tory government since the war has left the country in an

economic
mess, while Labour have left office with it sound. FACT!

Seemed to be going OK in 1997.

IMM

Default Hutton, great report

"jusuk" wrote in message
news

IMM wrote in message

Ashley Stevens wrote:

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Its patently obvious what happened.

You sound just like Tony Blair now....

Yes, but the difference is that I actually looked at the evidence, and
drew a conclusion, whlst the evidence showed that he arrived at a
conclusion, and doctored the evidence.

You telling porkies now.

?

It is pretty obvious who the main
protagonist of this war was, George Bush. It seems just as obvioyus that

he
asked his 'old pal' Tony to give the war a bit of legitimacy with at least
one other (major?) nation's troops involved. The question remains what did
Tony and Co. get in return? What did they sell our soldiers lives for, and
the lives of thousands of Iraquis? Too cynical? Maybe.

IMM

"John Rumm" wrote in message
PoP wrote:

For the benefit of our readers we are proud to present the:

IMM to English Dictionary (concise edition)

You forgot the constant reference to the Vicar of Dibley, a TV program
to which he seems besotted, and which he firmly believes a number of
our active forum community are role players within.

True - but I did pick up on that in antother part of the thread though....

I wonder which VoD character most resembles IMM? no no no I mean yes....

Do you actually watch that TV prog? My, my!

IMM

"Neil Jones" wrote in message

"IMM" wrote in message
Every Tory government since the war has left the country in an

economic
mess, while Labour have left office with it sound. FACT!

Seemed to be going OK in 1997.

Blair inherited a hell of a lot of Major's debt.

Neil Jones

"IMM" wrote in message

"Neil Jones" wrote in message

"IMM" wrote in message
Every Tory government since the war has left the country in an

economic
mess, while Labour have left office with it sound. FACT!

Seemed to be going OK in 1997.

Blair inherited a hell of a lot of Major's debt.

According to the DMO:-

Year Total (£mn)
1996 262 261
1997 290 259
1998 297 366
1999 291 788
2000 290 631
2001 281 720
2002 278 720
2003 292 709

1996 is the last full year of Major's government. 1997 is half-and-half,
so no conculsions can be drawn about that year.

So, while you are correct to say that the Major years left a lot of debt
behind, Brown has only added to it.

Not to mention off-balance sheet financing, of course.

Dave Plowman

In article ,
Neil Jones wrote:
According to the DMO:-

Year Total (£mn)
1996 262 261
1997 290 259
1998 297 366
1999 291 788
2000 290 631
2001 281 720
2002 278 720
2003 292 709

1996 is the last full year of Major's government. 1997 is half-and-half,
so no conculsions can be drawn about that year.

So, while you are correct to say that the Major years left a lot of debt
behind, Brown has only added to it.

Err, by the figures you've given, the trend in the last two years of Tory
rule was up - as earlier figures would prove, and down under Brown, with
the exception of '03. The '03 figure may have been influenced by the Iraq
fiasco.

--
*If only you'd use your powers for good instead of evil.

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn
The Natural Philosopher

wrote:

Ashley Stevens wrote:

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Its patently obvious what happened.

You sound just like Tony Blair now....

Yes, but the difference is that I actually looked at the evidence, and
drew a conclusion, whlst the evidence showed that he arrived at a
conclusion, and doctored the evidence.

Yours seemed a reasonable one as well, although I would have included
that it's not clear that a third party was not involved as opposed to
suicide. In a manner of speaking, a third party was.......

That is definitely a hypothesis, but to paraphrase Occam, "one should
not multiply conspiracy theories and paranoia, beyond necessity"

In my life, more has been explained by hypothesising weak, stupid, vain
men (and women), acting out of desperation, than has ever been seen to
be the result of deep and cunning conspiracy. Mind you, maybe Tony Blair
and GWB ARE actually aliens, which would account for the fact that they
seem to live on a differet planet from the rest of us...and the
conspiracy is so cunning I simply haven't spotted it...Perhaps Iraq is
the one source of Kryptonite left in the known universe.

However I prefer to think they just got carried away with themselves and
their self importance.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

The Natural Philosopher

jusuk wrote:

IMM wrote in message

Ashley Stevens wrote:

[...]

I don't know. Best guesses lie somewhere between 'Oil' and 'neo
conservative dogma' and 'headless chickens post 911' and 'Mossad
supplied the intelligence for reasons of their own' and 'no-one disses
the USA by flying its own planes as cruise missiles, and Iraq is
vagueley Arabic, and the only country post Afghanistan, that was weak
enough to attack, and win, without politically unacceptable loss of
(american)life, and a huge backlash' Plus the fact that it clearly
demonstrates who is alpha bitch (hi there, condoleeza) and puts the fear
of cruise missiles up the rest of the region....

I suspect it was a bit of all of the above. A sort of 'No one messes
with us, so lets make Amerika WALK TALL and show those sand ******s (or
is it towel heads) who not to mess with'...typical reaction of weak
stupid men, promoted beyind their levels of competence. NO one really
seems to have assessed what would happen AFTER the war was won...

Now we here the intelligence services are going to be hung out to dry.

George and Tony will either be found to be culpable of bending the
facts, or being conned. Dubya can probably survive being thought a fool.
He has so far. Tony won't.

I have cheered up immensely. Hutton has done the country a HUGE service
by exposing all the evidence, and then coming to a blatantly biased
conclusion. It does Tone far more damage than if he had had his knuckles
lightly rapped :-) No one will believe Hutton wasn't 'subconsciously
affected' at the least. Even if he, out of sheer malice, decided that a
whitewash was the very best way of shafting Tone and Campbell, who is
going to credit him with that level of subtlety?

By slamming into the Beeb, he now has stiffened the resolve of every
journalist against the Government. No government can win if the whole
media is against them. You can bet your bottom dollar that things are
being excavated with malicious glee, but until there is a legally
unassailable smoking gun, no one will publish...oh...I love it.

:-)

Andy Hall

On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 18:40:50 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

Andy Hall wrote:

That is definitely a hypothesis, but to paraphrase Occam, "one should
not multiply conspiracy theories and paranoia, beyond necessity"

In my life, more has been explained by hypothesising weak, stupid, vain
men (and women), acting out of desperation, than has ever been seen to
be the result of deep and cunning conspiracy. Mind you, maybe Tony Blair
and GWB ARE actually aliens, which would account for the fact that they
seem to live on a differet planet from the rest of us...and the
conspiracy is so cunning I simply haven't spotted it...Perhaps Iraq is
the one source of Kryptonite left in the known universe.

However I prefer to think they just got carried away with themselves and
their self importance.

I'm sure you're right, although if a third party was involved, it
didn't have to be at TB's behest.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Andy Hall

On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 18:56:38 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

I have cheered up immensely. Hutton has done the country a HUGE service
by exposing all the evidence, and then coming to a blatantly biased
conclusion. It does Tone far more damage than if he had had his knuckles
lightly rapped :-) No one will believe Hutton wasn't 'subconsciously
affected' at the least. Even if he, out of sheer malice, decided that a
whitewash was the very best way of shafting Tone and Campbell, who is
going to credit him with that level of subtlety?

Not many people, but it is a consideration.

By slamming into the Beeb, he now has stiffened the resolve of every
journalist against the Government. No government can win if the whole
media is against them. You can bet your bottom dollar that things are
being excavated with malicious glee, but until there is a legally
unassailable smoking gun, no one will publish...oh...I love it.

..... and at that point it will blow up big time. Of course it
doesn't need to be related to this at all.

There is an amusing irony at the prospect of Mr. TB being stung by the
very thing that he has sought to manipulate.

:-)

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
The Natural Philosopher

wrote:

Andy Hall wrote:

That is definitely a hypothesis, but to paraphrase Occam, "one should
not multiply conspiracy theories and paranoia, beyond necessity"

In my life, more has been explained by hypothesising weak, stupid, vain
men (and women), acting out of desperation, than has ever been seen to
be the result of deep and cunning conspiracy. Mind you, maybe Tony Blair
and GWB ARE actually aliens, which would account for the fact that they
seem to live on a differet planet from the rest of us...and the
conspiracy is so cunning I simply haven't spotted it...Perhaps Iraq is
the one source of Kryptonite left in the known universe.

However I prefer to think they just got carried away with themselves and
their self importance.

I'm sure you're right, although if a third party was involved, it
didn't have to be at TB's behest.

"Who will rid me of this turbulent priest"
:-(

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

The Natural Philosopher

wrote:

[...]

He met someone smarter than him.

Hutton.

At least I like to think so.

:-)

In uk.d-i-y, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

I have cheered up immensely. Hutton has done the country a HUGE service
by exposing all the evidence, and then coming to a blatantly biased
conclusion. It does Tone far more damage than if he had had his knuckles
lightly rapped :-) No one will believe Hutton wasn't 'subconsciously
affected' at the least. Even if he, out of sheer malice, decided that a
whitewash was the very best way of shafting Tone and Campbell, who is
going to credit him with that level of subtlety?

It's a lovely thought that Hutton might've been quite such a subtil beast
of the field, but I don't think it fits his history. From his time in
Northern Ireland, he learnt to appreciate the intelligence services
as a bulwark against organised terrorrism: and to view investigative
journalists trying to cast doubt on the intelligence services and the
government they serve are a royal pain in the fundament. Sitting on his own
in this enquiry, he seems to have felt able to dissent from the (loose,
judicial-precedent-set rather than legislated) current legal position on
the necessary standard of proof concerning publishing allegations of lying
by public figures, and taken the opportunity to send what he thought was a
strong warning message to investigative journalist scum.

As for the "subconscious influence" line, I think it's high time we had
an inquiry into the susceptibility of the head of the JIC to such influences.
Tinfoil hats all round! Alien mind beams implanting suggestions into the
hindbrain of those who draw up the weekly intel. briefings!!! :-)

Stefek
IMM

wrote:

By slamming into the Beeb, he now has stiffened the resolve of every
journalist against the Government. No government can win if the whole
media is against them. You can bet your bottom dollar that things are
being excavated with malicious glee, but until there is a legally
unassailable smoking gun, no one will publish...oh...I love it.

It will make them be more accurate in their reporting. The media is full of
lies and half truths passed off as truth.

As the acting boss of the BBC said "nearly right is not good enough for the
BBC".

The Natural Philosopher

wrote:

[...]

I thought the whole point of PR and spin was to subconsciously influence
the electorate.

Stefek

The Natural Philosopher

wrote:

By slamming into the Beeb, he now has stiffened the resolve of every
journalist against the Government. No government can win if the whole
media is against them. You can bet your bottom dollar that things are
being excavated with malicious glee, but until there is a legally
unassailable smoking gun, no one will publish...oh...I love it.

It will make them be more accurate in their reporting. The media is full of
lies and half truths passed off as truth.

And yet you believe every word in combi glssy brochures, and every word
Tony says.

What a strange split mind you have...

As the acting boss of the BBC said "nearly right is not good enough for the
BBC".

Nearly right is better thaa complete lie.

IMM

wrote:

By slamming into the Beeb, he now has stiffened the resolve of every
journalist against the Government. No government can win if the whole
media is against them. You can bet your bottom dollar that things are
being excavated with malicious glee, but until there is a legally
unassailable smoking gun, no one will publish...oh...I love it.

It will make them be more accurate in their reporting. The media is

full of
lies and half truths passed off as truth.

And yet you believe every word
in combi glssy brochures,

Do I?

and every word
Tony says.

Yes.

As the acting boss of the BBC said "nearly right is not good enough for

the
BBC".

Nearly right is better thaa complete lie.

No so, the Beeb said

The Natural Philosopher

IMM wrote:

wrote:

[...]

So so, i'd say. The beeb said what the govt wanted it to say, to
preevent more mass destruction of its staff. First time they have lied.

IMM

As the acting boss of the BBC said "nearly right is not good enough for
the BBC".

Nearly right is better thaa complete lie.

No so, the Beeb said

So so, i'd say. The beeb said what the govt wanted it to say, to
preevent more mass destruction of its staff. First time they have lied.

What destruction of its staff. NO ONE was sacked!!!

Hitting the post is nearly a goal. Very, very near. But it is NOT a goal.
You may as well have hit the corner flag. A miss is a miss.

Great report!

geoff

In message , Ashley Stevens
writes
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Its patently obvious what happened.

You sound just like Tony Blair now....

No, it seems that in the face of overwhelming lack of evidence and bush
doing an about turn, Bliar has had to admit there might be a failing
somewhere

I have yet to hear this from minimie

--
geoff
geoff

In message ,
jusuk writes

Finally something I can read in 5 minutes that tells me most of the
important facts in this thing.

I suppose the question remains; If they didn't go to war because of a threat
or to help the Iraquis, why did they?

Just barrels of the blackstuff I suppose

The war was planned and ready to go even before Bush was unelected to
office
--
geoff
Dave Plowman

In article ,
IMM wrote:
So so, i'd say. The beeb said what the govt wanted it to say, to
preevent more mass destruction of its staff. First time they have lied.

What destruction of its staff. NO ONE was sacked!!!

There we have it, then. Dyke has said publicly that he was pushed, but IMM
as usual knows better.

--
*Xerox and Wurlitzer will merge to market reproductive organs.

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn
Andy Hall

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 00:00:29 -0000, "IMM" wrote:

As the acting boss of the BBC said "nearly right is not good enough for
the BBC".

Nearly right is better thaa complete lie.

No so, the Beeb said

So so, i'd say. The beeb said what the govt wanted it to say, to
preevent more mass destruction of its staff. First time they have lied.

What destruction of its staff. NO ONE was sacked!!!

Hitting the post is nearly a goal. Very, very near. But it is NOT a goal.
You may as well have hit the corner flag. A miss is a miss.

Great report!

I guess that if Hutton had flipped the coin the other way and believed
the BBC's position that you would have said that it was a really bad
report??

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
IMM

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 00:00:29 -0000, "IMM" wrote:

As the acting boss of the BBC said "nearly right is not good enough

for
the BBC".

Nearly right is better thaa complete lie.

No so, the Beeb said

So so, i'd say. The beeb said what the govt wanted it to say, to
preevent more mass destruction of its staff. First time they have lied.

What destruction of its staff. NO ONE was sacked!!!

Hitting the post is nearly a goal. Very, very near. But it is NOT a

goal.
You may as well have hit the corner flag. A miss is a miss.

Great report!

I guess that if Hutton had flipped the coin the other way and believed
the BBC's position that you would have said that it was a really bad
report??

Yes. Inaccurate reporting, and the poor checks/balances mechanisms to
ensure accuracy, that was exposed by the report. The MOD got a little
rapping for its failure to deal with the media properly. The BBC top brass
failing to act after the reports went out is really a trivial matter,
despite all the board wanting to resign. The reports should never have gone
out in the first place; and that is the big probem.

I hope it tightens up reporting all over, but I doubt it. They get away
with murder. The inaccuracies and total distortions I have read over the
years should not be allowed; one of the reasons I don't read newspapers too
much as they are the biggest offenders. They all have to get their acts
together, especially the TV/radio news people, as they have more influence
than any other.

geoff

In message , IMM
writes
It will make them be more accurate in their reporting. The media is

full of
lies and half truths passed off as truth.

And yet you believe every word
in combi glssy brochures,

Do I?

and every word
Tony says.

Yes.

I would laugh if he told you to go and screw yourself

As the acting boss of the BBC said "nearly right is not good enough for

the
BBC".

Nearly right is better thaa complete lie.

No so, the Beeb said

No that's not what it said

--
geoff
IMM

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , Ashley Stevens
writes
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Its patently obvious what happened.

You sound just like Tony Blair now....

No, it seems that in the face of overwhelming lack of evidence and bush
doing an about turn, Bliar has had to admit there might be a failing
somewhere

I have yet to hear this from minimie

Maxie, the UK intelligence people kept telling the government that WUD would
be found. So they tell people that. TB doesn't look under rocks in the
desert you know.

If it appears there are no "smoking gun" WUD, then an inquiry has to set up.
But the capability to get them zippo was there, which is the main point, and
I'm sure that will come out. You don't need a smoking gun.

IMM

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , IMM
writes
It will make them be more accurate in their reporting. The media is

full of
lies and half truths passed off as truth.

And yet you believe every word
in combi glssy brochures,

Do I?

and every word
Tony says.

Yes.

I would laugh if he told you to go and screw yourself

Maxie, so would I. LOL, such fun.

As the acting boss of the BBC said "nearly right is not good enough

for
the
BBC".

Nearly right is better thaa complete lie.

No so, the Beeb said

No that's not what it said

Maxie, it did.

geoff

In message , IMM
writes

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , Ashley Stevens
writes
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Its patently obvious what happened.

You sound just like Tony Blair now....

No, it seems that in the face of overwhelming lack of evidence and bush
doing an about turn, Bliar has had to admit there might be a failing
somewhere

I have yet to hear this from minimie

Maxie, the UK intelligence people kept telling the government that WUD would
be found. So they tell people that. TB doesn't look under rocks in the
desert you know.

Whatever intelligence he got, he should still have looked at the bigger
picture. The letter I have posted on uk-diy isn't the only voice saying
that his intelligence was false

He made a grave error of judgement and one way or another will be
answerable for it

If it appears there are no "smoking gun" WUD, then an inquiry has to set up.
But the capability to get them zippo was there, which is the main point, and
I'm sure that will come out. You don't need a smoking gun.

--
geoff
geoff

In message , IMM
writes

and every word
Tony says.

Yes.

I would laugh if he told you to go and screw yourself

Maxie, so would I. LOL, such fun.

But you'd try and do what he told you wouldn't you