IMM

Default Hutton, Great report

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 00:00:29 -0000, "IMM" wrote:

As the acting boss of the BBC said "nearly right is not good enough

for
the BBC".

Nearly right is better thaa complete lie.

No so, the Beeb said

So so, i'd say. The beeb said what the govt wanted it to say, to
preevent more mass destruction of its staff. First time they have lied.

What destruction of its staff. NO ONE was sacked!!!

Hitting the post is nearly a goal. Very, very near. But it is NOT a

goal.
You may as well have hit the corner flag. A miss is a miss.

Great report!

I guess that if Hutton had flipped the coin the other way and believed
the BBC's position that you would have said that it was a really bad
report??

Yes. Inaccurate reporting, and the poor checks/balances mechanisms to
ensure accuracy, that was exposed by the report. The MOD got a little
rapping for its failure to deal with the media properly. The BBC top brass
failing to act after the reports went out is really a trivial matter,
despite all the board wanting to resign. The reports should never have gone
out in the first place; and that is the big probem.

I hope it tightens up reporting all over, but I doubt it. They get away
with murder. The inaccuracies and total distortions I have read over the
years should not be allowed; one of the reasons I don't read newspapers too
much as they are the biggest offenders. They all have to get their acts
together, especially the TV/radio news people, as they have more influence
than any other.