Peter Parry

Default Hutton, Great report

On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 01:37:04 +0000, Andy Hall
wrote:

I guess that if Hutton had flipped the coin the other way and believed
the BBC's position that you would have said that it was a really bad
report??

Anyone wanting to read the whole thing can find it via
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_depth/uk/2003/david_kelly_inquiry/inquiry_documents/default.stm

Having read the paper version a few days ago I do have a great deal
of difficulty reconciling the content with the conclusions.

--
Peter Parry.
http://www.wpp.ltd.uk/
Jerry.

"IMM" wrote in message

snip
{ re Hutton report ]

The MOD got a little
rapping for its failure to deal with the media properly.

Not so, they were found totaly lacking in how they carried out their 'duty
of care' to Dr Kelly, they gave hiom no back up what so ever other than a
short phone cal well after the MoD had confirmed Dr Kelly's name to the
media.

[It is intreastsing that the one person who did try to make sure

The BBC top brass
failing to act after the reports went out is really a trivial matter,
despite all the board wanting to resign. The reports should never have

gone
out in the first place; and that is the big problem.

Not so, the words used in one broadcast were wrong, the complain was about
the 06:07 broadcast and non of the other broadcasts that when out later that
morning.

I hope it tightens up reporting all over, but I doubt it. They get away
with murder. The inaccuracies and total distortions I have read over the
years should not be allowed;

Who are you talking about here, HMG or the media ?....

Jerry.

Default IMM fodder

"IMM" wrote in message

snip

The debt is abut the same all through, but our society is richer and

You are taking into account that a lot of the countries gold reserve has
been sold of to off set expenditure....

unemployment a fraction of what it was under the idiots. You have to look
at the big picture. What we pay for and what we get.

I'm not convinced, school leavers still leave school and get feed into
'training' programs rather than real jobs, I suspect the true figure of
unemployment is higher than that quoted as it does not also count those who,
for what ever reason do not show up in training, unemployment or retirement
figures.

IMM

Default Hutton, the real facts.

"Neil Jones" wrote in message

How many four-year-old teenagers have you met?

I think he was mixed up with Supermac

IMM

"Neil Jones" wrote in message

So you agree that the sole justification for the war given by Tony Blair
was the disarmement of Iraq's WMD. At last!

Read it again oh brainwashed.

Jerry.

"Jerry." wrote in message
news

"IMM" wrote in message

snip
{ re Hutton report ]

The MOD got a little
rapping for its failure to deal with the media properly.

Not so, they were found totaly lacking in how they carried out their 'duty
of care' to Dr Kelly, they gave hiom no back up what so ever other than a
short phone cal well after the MoD had confirmed Dr Kelly's name to the
media.

[It is intreastsing that the one person who did try to make sure

I was going on to say....

he knew and that the press was going to descend was another journalist.... ]

Jerry.

"IMM" wrote in message

"Neil Jones" wrote in message

So you agree that the sole justification for the war given by Tony Blair
was the disarmement of Iraq's WMD. At last!

Read it again oh brainwashed.

I think Bush and Blair have, and are trying to back peddle bloody fast....

geoff

In message , IMM
writes

Whatever intelligence he got, he should still have looked at the bigger
picture. The letter I have posted on uk-diy isn't the only voice saying
that his intelligence was false

He made a grave error of judgement

I don't think he did at all. The war was not just about WMD.

How can I get through to you that whatever reasons he had for invading
Iraq (and most of us have a shrewd idea what they were), the reason he
gave was the 45 minute one. This was untrue, and it's becoming clear (to
anyone that actually believed him in the first place) that that clearly
wasn't true

Do you really not understand?

--
geoff
geoff

In message , IMM
writes
He made a grave error of judgement

I don't think he did at all. The war was not just about WMD.

I think we all know that, by now. But his grave error of judgement was
to say that WMD was the justification for war.

Only one of the points, not the point point. You are taking in right wing
crap. Iraq did have WMD and had used them. Kelly said they could be up and
running within days. It is fair to say WMD was on the agenda. I is fair to
say they could have them quickly if they wanted too, despite getting rid of
them for now.

If the US and UK were satisfied that none were there and never invaded
(altough WMD was not the only point), they could have them up and running
within months, weeks, days. Then if they have them again, and no troops in
the area, we would be powerless to stop them. It took six months to prepare
for this war. We would have to stand by if they had them and used them.
The odd B52 strike is about all we could do.

Get this 45 minutes WMD crap out of your mind as the only reason for
invading Iraq. The right wing press have done a good job at brainwashing
the hard of thinking into believing it was the only issue. IT WASN'T

I really can't be bothered to argue with you

--
geoff

geoff

In message , Kris
writes
On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 02:09:03 +0000, geoff wrote:

Whatever intelligence he got, he should still have looked at the bigger
picture. The letter I have posted on uk-diy isn't the only voice saying
that his intelligence was false

What about the "intelligence" that an american student had published
on the internet and was written during 1987-1991 and at the time was
just about spot on,The coalition distroyed just about anything that
saddam possessed in the 1991 conflict.
10 years later this evidence was published by "us" (word for word)
and presented as up to date information and a reason that so much
doubt remained about the quality of intelligence and made us the
laughing stock of the world.
If this is the way we gather intelligence then god help us.

I think we discussed that about 500 posts ago .. I've lost count

He made a grave error of judgement and one way or another will be
answerable for it

Tb and co will find a scapegoat to take the blame and might yet again
come out of it all ok......again.

I think it no longer matters, he's lost it and everyone knows it.

Don't think that the beeb will let this go they will in their revenge
in one way or another.

Meanwhile a bit of honest, unbiased reporting just for minimie

http://blugg.com/stuff/foxs_view_of_the_bbc_player.htm

--
geoff
Tim Ward

"geoff" wrote in message

How can I get through to you that whatever reasons he had for invading
Iraq (and most of us have a shrewd idea what they were), the reason he
gave was the 45 minute one.

I don't recall that being mentioned at all until the media started hyping it
up after the war.

--
Tim Ward - posting as an individual unless otherwise clear
Brett Ward Ltd - www.brettward.co.uk

geoff

In message , IMM
writes

But the capability to get them zippo was there, which is the main point,

and
I'm sure that will come out. You don't need a smoking gun.

You do for the position that he took.

No you don't.

I wouldn't have minded if he and Dubya had simply said that regime
change was the thing to do.

They did day that.

The game played was simply because of
lack of popular and UN support and became a face saving exercise.

The US doesn't give a toss. They had the planes rammed into their blocks,
not the French or the others. They see a Middle Eastern terrorist backing
tyrant, who did/had WMD, so out he goes. Job done, who cares. Now more
stability in the world.

I wasn't going to discuss this anymore, but that is such a stupid and
wrong assessment of the situation.

How many flights to the states have been cancelled because of
"terrorist" alerts in the past couple of days

Blankit is trying to introduce pre-emptive arrest

Al Qaeda have significantly more volunteers than before,

I could go on ...

So the world is a safer place, how?

--
geoff
IMM

"Jerry." wrote in message

"IMM" wrote in message

"Neil Jones" wrote in message

So you agree that the sole justification for the war given by Tony

Blair
was the disarmement of Iraq's WMD. At last!

Read it again oh brainwashed.

I think Bush and Blair have, and are trying to back peddle bloody fast....

Both have to lessen the impact on their respective PLCs.

geoff

In message , IMM
writes
"Neil Jones" wrote in message

How many four-year-old teenagers have you met?

I think he was mixed up with Supermac

Ah, so your glorious leader gets easily confused then

--
geoff

IMM

"Jerry." wrote in message
news

"IMM" wrote in message

snip
{ re Hutton report ]

The MOD got a little
rapping for its failure to deal with the media properly.

Not so, they were found totaly lacking in how they carried out their 'duty
of care' to Dr Kelly, they gave hiom no back up what so ever other than a
short phone cal well after the MoD had confirmed Dr Kelly's name to the
media.

That is dealing with the media.

The BBC top brass
failing to act after the reports went out is
really a trivial matter, despite all the board
wanting to resign. The reports should never have
gone out in the first place; and that is the big problem.

Not so,

It was so.

I hope it tightens up reporting all over, but I doubt it. They get away
with murder. The inaccuracies and total distortions I have read over

the
years should not be allowed;

Who are you talking about here, HMG or the media ?....

Media. he government was blameless the report also concluded that.

IMM

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , IMM
writes
[...]

Becaue you have no case.

IMM

"Tim Ward" wrote in message
"geoff" wrote in message

How can I get through to you that whatever reasons he had for invading
Iraq (and most of us have a shrewd idea what they were), the reason he
gave was the 45 minute one.

I don't recall that being mentioned at all until the media started hyping

it
up after the war.

Very True. The reason beforehand was he was murdering tyrant, terrorism,
etc,etc.

IMM

"geoff" wrote in message
[...]

he was cleared.

and everyone knows it.

Maybe in your house.

IMM

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , IMM
writes
"Neil Jones" wrote in message

How many four-year-old teenagers have you met?

I think he was mixed up with Supermac

Ah, so your glorious leader gets easily confused then

He is your glorious leader too. And what a leader.

IMM

"geoff" wrote in message

So the world is a safer place, how?

Yes.

geoff

In message , Tim Ward
writes
"geoff" wrote in message

How can I get through to you that whatever reasons he had for invading
Iraq (and most of us have a shrewd idea what they were), the reason he
gave was the 45 minute one.

I don't recall that being mentioned at all until the media started hyping it
up after the war.

Short memory syndrome?
--
geoff
Jerry.

"Tim Ward" wrote in message
"geoff" wrote in message

How can I get through to you that whatever reasons he had for invading
Iraq (and most of us have a shrewd idea what they were), the reason he
gave was the 45 minute one.

I don't recall that being mentioned at all until the media started hyping

it
up after the war.

I suggest reading the various documents issued by or on behalf of No.10 and
HMG. It was those documents that formed the motion placed before Parliament
and (on being accepted) allowed Blair to instruct the military to go to war.

Jerry.

"geoff" wrote in message
snip

[ re IMM ]

Do you really not understand?

I don't think it's because he doesn't understand, more a case that he does
not wish to understand (face the facts). :~(

Andy Hall

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 22:40:31 +0000, geoff wrote:

In message , IMM
writes
"Neil Jones" wrote in message

How many four-year-old teenagers have you met?

I think he was mixed up with Supermac

Ah, so your glorious leader gets easily confused then

He was probably thinking about BigMac and wondering whether to order
fries with it.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
PoP

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 18:02:26 -0000, "Jerry."
wrote:

You are taking into account that a lot of the countries gold reserve has
been sold of to off set expenditure....

That decision must be the single most irritating decision made by
Gordon Brown since he took office. He reportedly sold 60% of the UK's
gold reserve, and lost £400m by buying into the Euro from the proceeds
of the gold sale.

The gold reserve is our rainy day fund, it allows the UK to operate in
the worlds money markets.

The damn guy is a nuisance.

PoP

Sending email to my published email address isn't
guaranteed to reach me.
Jerry.

"IMM" wrote in message

"Jerry." wrote in message

"IMM" wrote in message

"Neil Jones" wrote in message

So you agree that the sole justification for the war given by Tony

Blair
was the disarmement of Iraq's WMD. At last!

Read it again oh brainwashed.

I think Bush and Blair have, and are trying to back peddle bloody

fast....

Both have to lessen the impact on their respective PLCs.

Err, PLC's ????

Privates, legs, chests when they hit that brick wall that is approaching
fast ?

Jerry.

"IMM" wrote in message

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , IMM
writes

Whatever intelligence he got, he should still have looked at the

bigger
picture. The letter I have posted on uk-diy isn't the only voice

saying
that his intelligence was false

He made a grave error of judgement

I don't think he did at all. The war was not just about WMD.

How can I get through to you that whatever reasons he had for invading
Iraq (and most of us have a shrewd idea what they were), the reason he
gave was the 45 minute one.

It was not!!!

FFS yes it was, if you believe it was not please do tell us what the
substance was, remember that there was a parliamentary vote on the reasons
given and thus will be recorded in Hassard.

geoff

In message , PoP
writes
wrote:

You are taking into account that a lot of the countries gold reserve has
been sold of to off set expenditure....

That decision must be the single most irritating decision made by
Gordon Brown since he took office. He reportedly sold 60% of the UK's
gold reserve, and lost £400m by buying into the Euro from the proceeds
of the gold sale.

The gold reserve is our rainy day fund, it allows the UK to operate in
the worlds money markets.

It was also sold at a rock bottom gold price

It almost makes you wonder of David Icke really isn't a loony after all

--
geoff

Jerry.

"IMM" wrote in message

"geoff" wrote in message

So the world is a safer place, how?

Yes.

May I suggest you take you head out of your arse and start to read / look at
the media, or are you really saying that all those suicide bombings, planes
being cancelled, new anti terror laws, potential ricin(sp?) attacts etc. are
lies and faked film sets ?...

Jerry.

"IMM" wrote in message

"geoff" wrote in message

snip

Ah, so your glorious leader gets easily confused then

He is your glorious leader too. And what a leader.

Who is frantically trying to learn how to carry out 'U' turns - if not
installing a reverse gear !...

IMM

"Jerry." wrote in message

"IMM" wrote in message

"geoff" wrote in message

So the world is a safer place, how?

Yes.

May I suggest you take you head out of your arse

May I suggest you get a brain. The biggest threat to the world is nuclear
weapons getting into the hands of terrorist or idiot governments. After
Iraq Gaddafy strangely becomes nice.

IMM

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , PoP
writes
wrote:

You are taking into account that a lot of the countries gold reserve has
been sold of to off set expenditure....

That decision must be the single most irritating decision made by
Gordon Brown since he took office. He reportedly sold 60% of the UK's
gold reserve, and lost £400m by buying into the Euro from the proceeds
of the gold sale.

The gold reserve is our rainy day fund, it allows the UK to operate in
the worlds money markets.

It was also sold at a rock bottom gold price

It almost makes you wonder of David Icke really isn't a loony after all

Maxie, how many of his meetings have you been to?

Andy Hall

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 23:37:15 +0000, geoff wrote:

In message , PoP
writes
wrote:

You are taking into account that a lot of the countries gold reserve has
been sold of to off set expenditure....

That decision must be the single most irritating decision made by
Gordon Brown since he took office. He reportedly sold 60% of the UK's
gold reserve, and lost £400m by buying into the Euro from the proceeds
of the gold sale.

The gold reserve is our rainy day fund, it allows the UK to operate in
the worlds money markets.

It was also sold at a rock bottom gold price

It almost makes you wonder of David Icke really isn't a loony after all

You don't think that....... No, couldn't be.....

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
IMM

"Jerry." wrote in message

"IMM" wrote in message

"geoff" wrote in message

snip

Ah, so your glorious leader gets easily confused then

He is your glorious leader too. And what a leader.

Who is frantically trying to learn how to carry out 'U' turns

No U turns needed.

IMM

"Jerry." wrote in message

"geoff" wrote in message
snip

[ re IMM ]

Do you really not understand?

I don't think it's because he doesn't understand, more a case that he does
not wish to understand (face the facts). :~(

You have given NO facts, except warped opinions.

geoff

In message , IMM
writes

How can I get through to you that whatever reasons he had for invading
Iraq (and most of us have a shrewd idea what they were), the reason he
gave was the 45 minute one.

It was not!!!

FFS yes it was,

It was not.

Put up or shut up

--
geoff
geoff

In message , IMM
writes

"Jerry." wrote in message

"IMM" wrote in message

"geoff" wrote in message

So the world is a safer place, how?

Yes.

May I suggest you take you head out of your arse

May I suggest you get a brain. The biggest threat to the world is nuclear
weapons getting into the hands of terrorist or idiot governments. After
Iraq Gaddafy strangely becomes nice.

Au contraire madame

the greatest threat to the world is global warming - Bush has ducked out
of signing the Kyoto protocols which, while not perfect are at least a
step in the right direction

--
geoff