Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Lamb

Default Built-in Kitchen appliances

Hi,

I am looking at refitting my kitchen and notice that the price of built-in
appliances vs. the freestanding equivalent appears to be extortionate and
really puts me off built-in appliances, i.e.. built-in dishwasher £700,
freestanding is £250 for Zanussi with equivalent performance.

Is there any reason why they are so expensive? Aren't they the same with a
little bit less metal (sides) and no feet? Or are the manufacturers or DIY
sheds just making money on the fact that they are built-in?

Do you know of any keenly priced sources to get these built-in appliances?
I am looking at Wickes B&Q prices at the moment and wonder if they're making
a lot of money on the appliances. I'd like to get a reasonable quality -
Zanussi or thereabouts.

Any advice on this would be welcome, as well as other areas of fitting a new
kitchen where I should be wary of costs or getting ripped off.

Thanks
Mike