Matthew

Default zanussi washing machine - battery fallen down soap chute

Hi. My baby has managed to push a AA battery down the soap chute of my
brand new Zanussi washing machine (1200 spin, front loader, basic
model). I have tried removing the soap drawer, but beyond this I
haven't got any idea. I could call a repairman, but for something as
basic as this, it seems like a real waste of money.

What's the best way to get to the battery - where will I find it, and
what screws should I open to get to it?
Suz

Hi. My baby has managed to push a AA battery down the soap chute of my
brand new Zanussi washing machine (1200 spin, front loader, basic
model). I have tried removing the soap drawer, but beyond this I
haven't got any idea.

When you say you tried to remove the soap drawer, I assume you did remove
it? In our Zanussi when you take the soap drawer out, the exit for the soap
is at right angles to the drawer and is only about the size of an AA battery
and would be virtually impossible for the battery to go down.
Plus did you see it go down? Reminds me of a trip to casualty when our 4 yr
old said the 2 yr old had put a large hair clip in her mouth and then "did
this mummy *cough, choke splutter* ", graphic rolling around clutching
throat, "and when she opened her mouth it was gone". One very long wait in
A&E and 2 x-rays later - no clip. Found a slabbery clip in her sock drawer
that night where, when she had haked it back up, it had shot into.

Colin Wilson

Hi. My baby has managed to push a AA battery down the soap chute of my
brand new Zanussi washing machine (1200 spin, front loader, basic
model). I have tried removing the soap drawer, but beyond this I
haven't got any idea. I could call a repairman, but for something as
basic as this, it seems like a real waste of money.

Eek, has it got into the drum, or do you think its lodged "up top"
somewhere still ?

Nick Smith

"Chris Oates" none wrote in message

"Matthew" wrote in message
om...
Hi. My baby has managed to push a AA battery down the soap chute of my
brand new Zanussi washing machine (1200 spin, front loader, basic
model). I have tried removing the soap drawer, but beyond this I
haven't got any idea. I could call a repairman, but for something as
basic as this, it seems like a real waste of money.

What's the best way to get to the battery - where will I find it, and
what screws should I open to get to it?

magnet & string

At least at the end of this all it will be a source of clean energy.....

Nick

Colin Wilson

At least at the end of this all it will be a source of clean energy.....

Until reality (rust) sets in to tarnish the results ;-)

Matthew

"Suz" wrote in message ...
[...]

We got the drawer out: behind it is a pipe plenty big enough for a C
battery (let alone AA) to get down. I stuck a palette knife in it: it
appears to twist around in a bit of a loop. We turned the machine
upside down to try and get it to go back the way it came - no sign of
it.

I am very tempted to turn the machine on to see what happens (where
does the soap pipe go to?), but at risk of causing a lot of damage I
haven't done.
BigWallop

"Matthew" wrote in message
om...
Hi. My baby has managed to push a AA battery down the soap chute of my
brand new Zanussi washing machine (1200 spin, front loader, basic
model). I have tried removing the soap drawer, but beyond this I
haven't got any idea. I could call a repairman, but for something as
basic as this, it seems like a real waste of money.

What's the best way to get to the battery - where will I find it, and
what screws should I open to get to it?

Does the internal drum have a lift out section, which might be held in place
by pop rivets, between two of the paddles ? If it does, then drill the
rivets out and put your hand in, after making sure the power is off, and
grab the battery. Then you'll need to rivet the panel back in with a cheap
pop rivet gun from you local B&Q.

Capitol

Two thoughts.
1) Remove the front door rubber seal and then look.
2) Can it fall into the outlet pump, in which case removing the pump inlet
hose may give you a chance?
Regards
Capitol

Bob Eager

On Tue, 9 Dec 2003 23:00:25 UTC, "Capitol"
wrote:

1) Remove the front door rubber seal and then look.

I thought of that, but it merely exposes the gap between the tub and the
casing, not the tub and the drum?

--
Bob Eager
rde at tavi.co.uk
PC Server 325*4; PS/2s 9585, 8595, 9595*2, 8580*3,
P70...

Bill Seurer

wrote:

1) Remove the front door rubber seal and then look.

I thought of that, but it merely exposes the gap between the tub and the
casing, not the tub and the drum?

Is there a coin/pin trap on your machine? On my Asko we began getting
continuous "over sudsing" warnings and when I opened up the trap there
was several dollars worth of change and some small pebbles in there!
Now I open it every couple months to check.