BigWallop

Default zanussi washing machine - battery fallen down soap chute

"Matthew" wrote in message
om...
Hi. My baby has managed to push a AA battery down the soap chute of my
brand new Zanussi washing machine (1200 spin, front loader, basic
model). I have tried removing the soap drawer, but beyond this I
haven't got any idea. I could call a repairman, but for something as
basic as this, it seems like a real waste of money.

What's the best way to get to the battery - where will I find it, and
what screws should I open to get to it?

Does the internal drum have a lift out section, which might be held in place
by pop rivets, between two of the paddles ? If it does, then drill the
rivets out and put your hand in, after making sure the power is off, and
grab the battery. Then you'll need to rivet the panel back in with a cheap
pop rivet gun from you local B&Q.